[FIN] SPASTIC KELP oAo Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Akira Midoriyama

Bashful Friend

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:53 pm
At first Akira hesitated, but once they were among others, he didn't feel so self-concious. Why should anyone notice just him among so many other strangers moving in such random ways? Observing those around him, he mimiced some of their movements, throwing his arms up in the air, moving his feet, until he gradually allowed his whole body to get into it a little at a time. It was pretty fun, this feeling of reckless abandon, even if he felt pretty silly doing it.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:02 pm
She smiled as he started to move, nodding encouragingly as she danced in front of him, waiting for the opportune moment to step closer, her movements matching and adding to his own. "Just let go!" she laughed, moving a hand to his shoulder as she swayed playfully, dipping when the song called for it.  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

Akira Midoriyama

Bashful Friend

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:20 pm
The brown-eyed adolecent laughed along with Dove as the rushing blur of colors and lights seemed to overtake him. It was like dancing in a dream. He started to make up his own moves aside from the ones he saw others doing; a twist here, a gesture there.

He put his whole being into each movement so that the next one was more dynamic than the last. After the song ended, he was panting, breathless, but happy, gasping as made it off the dance floor and practically fell into his chair. It was fun, but his stamina still wasn't up to par with regular club-goers.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:31 pm
Her heart beat in pure joy as she danced with him, reveling in the way laughed and gave into the beat. Even as the song ended, and he made his way off of the dance floor, the smile stayed across her face, cheeks flushed with excitement. She followed behind him, stopping at the bar to get them both water bottles, then made her way over to him again, scrunching her nose at him playfully. "I don't think I've ever seen you like this!" she giggled over the music, taking a seat close to him and offering the water. "Where has that been all this time?"  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

Akira Midoriyama

Bashful Friend

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:24 pm
When he caught his breath, Akira thanked Dove for the water and gulped down about half the bottle before gasping for more air. "Locked away under years of carefully surpressed emotions and cultivated masks," he chuckled, still breathing hard. "Not to mention formal upbringing and proper behavior. My mother would have had a heart attack if she even knew I'd come to a place like this."

He shook his head and took another gulp of water, leaning forward on his knees. "You're so lucky, Tori," he sighed. "It just seems to me like you got the best of both worlds."  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:17 pm
"Well, she's not here, and you're more than old enough to make your own decisions," she told him teasingly, sitting back and crossing her slim legs delicately. "And just because you're a proper or formal person doesn't mean you can't let go every once in a while. We're all human, afterall..."

The fond smile she had given as he explained where this 'side' of him had been faded a little when he mentioned how lucky she seemed to be. Her eyes betrayed her as she tried to smile anew, pushing her hair back from her face as the music finally calmed a little. "Well... I think that depends on what you consider the 'best', but... I guess I can't complain too much, not when it comes down to things like this."  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

Akira Midoriyama

Bashful Friend

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:37 pm
"It's not about being old enough," Akira countered, his tone melancholy. "And yes, the decisions are mine to make - but that's what makes it all the more difficult." He sighed heavily. "It just means that it was my choice to turn my back on my family when they needed me the most. It's not something I'm proud of."

Looking at Dove seriously, he said, "We may be human, but people from that society aren't supposed to show it. That's what reputations are supposed to hide, remember? They're not supposed to 'let go'. A truly successful and renowned businessman wouldn't be known to waste his time doing stupid things like this. At least not so...openly."

He groaned. "I hope you'll pardon my discrimination, but someone of your background wouldn't understand - especially since you're a lady and you weren't required to take up your family business. It's not as simple as just doing what you want."  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:51 pm
She listened attentively, her expression sympathetic. Of course it couldn't have been easy. Even as badly as it seemed Roka had wanted out, it couldn't have been the quickest decision he'd ever made. Nodding in understanding, she put the topic aside, knowing now it was none of her business to press him about it. Besides, it was self explanatory to anyone who had known the Toshiro heir before.

When he looked to her, she kept her head up, her eyes meeting his. "Reputation is such an awful word. Even now, so far away from home it's something to worry about, though I guess what we were doesn't hold much weight here." She stayed quiet a moment, her eyes falling to her knees, before lifting back to his, accompanied with a small smile. "At least we're not completely part of that society anymore, right?"

At his groan she tensed a little, sure she had said something wrong again, but relaxed as he spoke again, nodding in recognition. "I guess I am the lucky one, then. But you're doing much better here than I am, I'm sure," she added, offering what she hoped was an encouraging smile. Given her current status, he had to be.  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

Akira Midoriyama

Bashful Friend

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:29 am
"We aren't?" he asked with some bitter amusement. "From the impression I got, you still are. Reputation means absolutely nothing to me anymore, but it's still a concern for you, isn't it?" Akira gave her a grim smile. "We're not the same, Dove. Far from it."

"I completely cut myself off from that society as the price to pay for this life; this freedom. But from what I understand, you still have connections and obligations. That's your burden to bear for as long as you still want to be a part of that world. I don't blame you for it, but that's the truth."

He shrugged. "I suppose that would depend on what you're measuring it by. I'm still in conflict with whether I should be here or not; whether I should be enjoying myself when my family is struggling without me. I miss them, too. But I can't say I completely regret giving all that up." He looked at her. "You should try it some time. Maybe all that baggage from your past is what's still holding you back and keeping you from happiness. Try starting over from scratch."  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:19 am
She stayed quiet, thinking. "It's a different kind of reputation I'm trying to earn, now. I'm fighting my own, it seems," she told him quietly, pushing her hair back again, her face falling when he called her by her nickname. "I don't really have my 'Dove' reputation here, and I don't really care if I've got it or not." She offered a weak laugh. "I even got fired last week, from probably the biggest business in Kodo."

"The reputation I do have here isn't the one I wanted. My old reputation can't help me with the goals I have now, unless people actually believed in it." She shrugged a little, her expression weary but hopeful. "In any case, it's your impression to have, and things wouldn't be half as interesting if we were the same, now, right?"

"I guess I do have the option of going back, but I'm not sure I ever will. I paid a lot for my 'freedom' too," she told him, her hand falling to her chest, the white gold, ever-present locket missing. "I had started to think it was a pretty good investment in my future, considering how much I've had to learn so quickly, but it's starting to wear me down. I'm not giving in, though, and I'm not going back to Sinnoh any time soon." Or ever. Her reasons were her own, however, and she wouldn't burden him with them. "The baggage from my past isn't what's keeping me back. None of those people matter here, or at least, I haven't seen a situation where anyone would care." Her eyes stayed low as she thought. "I'm sure your family misses you...and it must be hard, but you're not thinking of going back, right?" He seemed at ease here, now that she had taken the time to reflect on his actions back home.  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

Akira Midoriyama

Bashful Friend

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:32 am
Akira laughed. "For someone who considers that such an awful word, you certainly use it a lot," he noted. "Like I said, I left Sinnoh to avoid hearing about those things. Why not forget all that for now?"

At her question, he shrugged again uncertainly, avoiding her gaze. "Not sure. It depends. I'd rather not, but my conscience is still weighing on me. As I am now, though, I'm sure I wouldn't be help to anyone even if I did go back." He checked his watch. "Mmm...looks like I've got to head to work soon."  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:43 am
She peeked at him, with an apologetic smile. "Sorry..." She nodded however, agreeing to forget it.

She nodded again, understanding his uncertainty, though her shoulders fell when he announced he needed to get to work soon. "One more dance?" she asked hopefully.  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

Akira Midoriyama

Bashful Friend

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:09 am
"Sure, why not?" he answered, leading the way back the the floor with a wave. "See if you can keep up."  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:34 pm
With a smile, she sat aside her now empty glass and followed him closely, stopping close behind him with a playful grin when he stopped. "Just show me what you've got."

I'll do my best.  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash