Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gold Diggers and Pollwhores Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild where you can do polls, polls, and more polls. Whist making friends and competing in numerous free competitions 

Tags: polls, gold, anime, active, friends 

Reply Gold Diggers and Pollwhores
Know what's irritating?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

STOP
  PLEASE
View Results

Shannon Kyra Liannanon

Perfect Phantom

8,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:28 am
So, one posts a thread, gets replies, it dies after a few days, no comments at all. That's fine, it wasn't suposed to last long anyway
It's say, a week to a month later. You get a notification of a thread that died. No, wait, you get several
THE SAME PERSON POSTED IN THEM
Let dead threads be dead, if they're older than a week in lack of posting, I say that it's dead, leave it be, don't bother posting
It's not just this guild, but it's been the worst here

But seriously. Stop. Please!
you know very damn well who you are, stop it.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:26 pm
Shannon Kyra Liannanon
So, one posts a thread, gets replies, it dies after a few days, no comments at all. That's fine, it wasn't suposed to last long anyway
It's say, a week to a month later. You get a notification of a thread that died. No, wait, you get several
Let dead threads be dead, if they're older than a week in lack of posting, I say that it's dead, leave it be, don't bother posting

Typically, so long as it's not from months, and months ago, it doesn't honestly matter (or like 5 pages back). A lot of people here have pretty busy lives outside Gaia, (school, work, school AND work, hobbies, etc) so if they can only get on once a week to a couple of times a month, there's no problem with them posting in an older thread, so long as it's relevant. Having new threads is obviously nice too, and I would encourage everybody to make those as well.

I'm sorry that this bothers you so much - is there a way to change your settings so that you get less notifications? I would look into that if you haven't already. Maybe we'll look at redrafting some of our rules in the near future as crew? Also - I feel like if this problem is with a specific person..it's better to address them than white text/be passive aggressive about it. I'd rather get a PM from you saying, "hey, so and so is doing x and it's really bothering me!" (even if x is me).

Ginhi~kun
Vice Captain

Fashionable Autobiographer

Shannon Kyra Liannanon

Perfect Phantom

8,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:59 pm
Ginhi~kun
Shannon Kyra Liannanon

Typically, so long as it's not from months, and months ago, it doesn't honestly matter (or like 5 pages back). A lot of people here have pretty busy lives outside Gaia, (school, work, school AND work, hobbies, etc) so if they can only get on once a week to a couple of times a month, there's no problem with them posting in an older thread, so long as it's relevant. Having new threads is obviously nice too, and I would encourage everybody to make those as well.

I'm sorry that this bothers you so much - is there a way to change your settings so that you get less notifications? I would look into that if you haven't already. Maybe we'll look at redrafting some of our rules in the near future as crew? Also - I feel like if this problem is with a specific person..it's better to address them than white text/be passive aggressive about it. I'd rather get a PM from you saying, "hey, so and so is doing x and it's really bothering me!" (even if x is me).
my notifications are already minimal  
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 8:25 pm
Whelp then I don't know what to tell you. Might be a bit irritating, but in perspective, there are far worse things in the world. Try to laugh it off and think of happy things. Like bunnies.  

Ginhi~kun
Vice Captain

Fashionable Autobiographer

Prussian Imperial Guard

Fashionable Lunatic

8,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:23 pm
You mean, like this?  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:46 am
General rule in this guild has generally been only replie from the front page, unless its relevant in something older. Because things have been slow there are threads on the front page which may be old. But under how we have always done here that means they are still current. If you wish for a topic to be closed you are free to change the title (preffarbly leaving the title but adding [closed])

This hasnt really been a issue in the past besides some people who have necro'd really old threads (Talking years), and they have been dealth with through our rules outlines.

Because this guild has been moving slow for a while, and because the front page rule has basically always applied you have a couple more options. Either make more new threads so your old ones get pushed back, dont make topics you dont want replied to at a later date, or again close your topics.

Deleyed replies can happen even longer if in the sub forums. Like in the anime forum if something is on page one, but from a year ago. I am still fine with it being replied to. Like maybe I shared about a anime back then, and someone has only just watched it. I would still be interested in thier opinons.

Outside of guilds there is now necro protection. If a thread isnt posted in within 3 months it is locked to all new posts besides mods and the creator, though is the mods or creators post in it, its open again. This will probally happen in guilds when the guilds get updated. Which was in the works for getting done well....its been in the works for a couple years really. But keeps getting pushed back. Most recently the aim was for by the end of this year, but with the decreased staff and increased burden on staff, like the new alchemy system...may not happen this year.  

Sagebomb
Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Gold Diggers and Pollwhores

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers