Submit

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 8:49 am
The image sighed and looked away. "Don't look at me like that," he spoke. "This is difficult enough already."

Although clearly there was more explanation to be had. "All my life I've been used by people. My father, Van, Team Rocket. And to each one of them I've always been loyal. I wanted to please them, to play my role well and get a pat on the back." His eyes narrowed slightly, but he still wasn't looking directly at who he was speaking to.

"I've only recently come to realize how meaningless it all is. When I finally met my brother, I saw what I could have had, and I hated him for it. Not just my name, family, and title but... freedom, real friends, and a life."  
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 9:39 am
The things that had led to their circumstances were far outside of Luke's control; he knew that, and it had been the cause of much indignation while facing his brother's unjustified anger and hatred in the past. It was frustrating how many things had happened completely outside of his understanding that had spiraled inevitably towards tragedy. Retrospectively, it was no wonder that Van had been coincidentally absent from his brother's funeral. The life he had doomed had doomed his own ambitions. The thought was nowhere near enough justice.  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 10:00 am
"A life I could never have," Asch continued. "But if it hadn't been for him, I may have never seen mother again, or made peace with father. If only for a short time, I was finally able to relive what it was like again. And for that, I owe him."

The red head them moved to sit on a nearby bed. "Now he's going to die any day, and I have the power to save him. He needs a heart, and since he's my twin, it would be a perfect match." The young man explained, lifting a hand to grip at his chest.

Asch's face contorted a bit, finally showing some emotion just before he dropped his face into his hands. "I don't -want- to die. But it might just be more unbearable to let him die. Van would get what he wanted, and I can't let that happen. This is a decision I can, and will make for myself." The last part said with a bitter determination as he looked up again.

"He can live the life I can't, and... he can take a piece of me with him." This said as if he took some comfort in that.  
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 10:19 am
The foolishness of arguing with someone who wasn't there dissolved from his understanding of the situation, and his voice rose to a bitter volume, "Don't just assume everything's already decided! If you want to live, then damn it all and live!" Luke, who should have died, lived. If that wasn't a perfect example of how unexpectedly things could change, then what was? But his words were motivated by naivety and selfishness. Defying Van meant defying Team Rocket, and if traitors were indeed punished as harshly as it seemed, then such action would have resulted in the loss of both Fabre heirs. But even so, even so…  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 10:34 am
Tyke, who had been listening, eventually turned his head to peek an eye at the speaking illusion. His ears folding back at Luke's words, and silently agreeing with him. Saber though, also looked at Luke upon his outburst, but said nothing.

Instead, the illusion kept going as Asch rose from the bed.

"This will be the last time you'll see me. I can't explain this to Tyke, he wouldn't understand. You will have to do that. Look after him, and Luke. Treat my brother with the same loyalty you have shown me."  
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 10:45 am
He shook his head lightly, but there wasn't really anything the motion could refuse. Everything was already said and done, regardless of his feelings on the matter.  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 10:50 am
There had been some kind of interaction here and then Asch gave a small, sad smile. "Thank you."

And with that the illusion faded. Leaving Saber to sit there with his gaze now cast towards the ground.  
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 11:20 am
Luke sat in silence for a time, taming his breath and mind. At length, he drew and exhaled a long sigh and moved to stand, his posture straight and his expression steady, a decision made. "I'm not as reliable as Asch," he said, "I'm not a very good trainer, and I don't fight well. But I want to be someone with the strength to prevent this kind of thing from happening again, to anyone." Beseechingly, he turned to properly face the dark-types. "For this, will you work together with me?"  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 11:33 am
Saber looked to Luke and seemed to study him for a moment at his sudden sense of determination. After a couple moments the Zoroark then nodded. He had promised his master after all, and thus he would follow Luke wherever he went. Helping him, would be helping Asch in a way, and seeking to prevent this sort of tragedy again was definitely appealing.

Tyke though, didn't look at Luke and gave no response. The Zorua still wasn't sure about all of this.  
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 12:08 pm
He couldn't blame Tyke for his reluctance and indeed imagined that reluctance would continue at least until he had demonstrated an ability to follow his own words. But for these two pokemon who had been so important to Asch and to whom Asch was so important in return, he had no intention of giving up or slowing down. Moving forward was a difficult but necessary task.  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out