[B] Deep In Thought [Tastes Like Summer x Breaking the Ice]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sushi Surfer

Bashful Browser

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 2:33 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Breaking the Ice was traveling at a steady pace. He was specifically choosing to go the ways that few kin traveled. It was rare for him to seek out company. That was why he was deep in thought. The doe that he had met, so briefly like a fleeting summer breeze. What was her name again? Oh yes, Bad Habits. She made him want to throw away his caution at strangers. Perhaps it was a bizarre attraction. He didn't know for sure. He was so caught up in thoughts of her that he paid little attention to what or who was around him. His hooves followed familiar paths without his mind to lead it.

Amorpheous
Here we go. Thank you for the blessing!

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 4:29 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. She is a little unused to this form for she has only received it a little while ago, but it is also familiar, as if it was meant to be her entire life. She walks with her soft paws pressing silent against the roots and the ground, lithely jumping over tall roots, not displaying even a fraction of the true power in her legs. She could run so fast now, in this form and as a kiokote, but she choose to walk at this moment, suddenly, she takes off in burst of fabled kiokote speed. But then, she is waylaid but a strange feeling that seems to settle over her entire body. Intuitively, she knows that there is a parent to be nearby.

She follows the feeling, winding around trees, over and under roots, until she comes upon a low buck who seems to be entirely lost in thought. She pads silently from the cover of particularly tall brush, following him for a few moments before adding a little speed to overtake him before slowing down to match his pace at his side. The only thing that gives her true nature away is her glowing eyes, but if a kin is not familiar with that peculiarity she is just another cheetah to them, though perhaps extraordinary open, trusting and friendly.

Sushi Surfer
Whee!

Amorpheous
Crew

Human Human

Sushi Surfer

Bashful Browser

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 4:52 pm
Through kept going back to that fateful meeting. He had to see her again. What if something came of their time together? That thought alone made his steps falter over the uneven ground. He didn't even realize that he was being followed. No noise could reach his ears through the fog his mind seemed to be in.

So it was quite startling when the cheetah suddenly appeared next to him. He skittered to the side a little, unsure of how to react. His eyes peered down at it with a nervous glint to them. What did the cheetah want? Companionship? Should he talk to it? That was a silly thing to ask. As if it would respond. Through attempts a smile, making him realize that he was shy even around simple animals and not just kin. He did not attempt to chase it away but continued in his pace, all the while keeping an eye on the strange cheetah with glowing eyes.

Amorpheous
Finally decided on a nickname for him, thus the change in name.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 5:04 pm
She hadn't meant to startle him, she forgets sometimes that light on her hooves as she is as a kiokote, and already quiet, she is silent as a cheetah with soft paws that do not strike the ground. She was content to keep him company while he thought; she had spent her fair share of time contemplating matters of her heart that she would never begrudge another kin for doing the same. So she walked quietly by his side, ears twitching every once in a while, tail a twisting banner behind her. He needed time to understand his own heart and sometimes a silent companion is the perfect companion to speak to, or just to offer some support even if words aren't exchanged.

Sushi Surfer
No problem! I sometimes don't figure out nicknames for a while!

Amorpheous
Crew

Human Human

Sushi Surfer

Bashful Browser

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 5:17 pm
He had to admit that having a cheetah follow along next to him was making him nervous. Where had the cheetah come from? Did it want something from him? It was enough of a distraction that he broke away from the thoughts of Bad Habits. At the same time, he realized that maybe it was just a strange attraction and not something stronger. Through looked at the cheetah again. His glances were not so subtle. Not like he knew how to be subtle even if he tried. There were many things he felt he needed to work on but didn't know how. Maybe the biggest question was why that lovely doe had even interacted with him.

Without much thought, he found his voice and spoke. Not to the cheetah but to himself. "What did she see in me that I don't in myself? Bad Habits, even her name speaks of things I do not know or have."

Amorpheous
Yeah, it kinda just came to me. No idea about Tree Knocking though. Some people have awesome nicknames.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 5:35 pm
She never caught his gaze when he looked over, better to not unnerve him more than he already was. Starburst didn't mean to, it wasn't in her nature to make other kin uncomfortable, but she wasn't quite sure how to broach the topic of him being a soon to be father. It had always been different for her, legendaries approaching her with her swollen belly quite clearly giving it away. And she had recognized them for what they were as well.

She tilted her head thoughtfully when he spoke. Obviously he wasn't speaking to her, but she would accept the question anyways. She mused quietly on it while they continued along, following an invisible path. He spoke no more after, so she asked, projecting her thoughts at the buck as legendaries had projected their thoughts at her before, in her sunshine bright voice, light still, youthful as she still was, but with a touch of wisdom that had come with the time spent walking the swamp, "Perhaps it does not matter what she saw in you, only that she saw something. Perhaps it is even something you are already aware of but discount as the source of her affection because you are too familiar with all your attributes and thus find them mundane. And perhaps it is not one thing, but your entirety that she found beautiful. Kin do not have to be alike or have the same experiences to find a way to come together. That is how all the variety of life and nature are created."

She paused before offering, "I apologize for intruding upon your thoughts, but if you are comfortable, you may share your worries with me."

Sushi Surfer
Ahhhh, yes, some nicknames and names are so perfect and wonderful, I always hope for sparks of inspiration to come upon me when I see a kin, but alas... That is far and few between.

Amorpheous
Crew

Human Human

Sushi Surfer

Bashful Browser

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 5:55 pm
If it was possible, Through would have jumped out of his skin. The cheetah, it just....spoke to him...with it's mind? What was going on? He didn't quite know what to make of it. Then something came to mind. It made him shiver in response. No. It couldn't be. Why would one show interest in him? His eyes widened till they could no longer be bigger than they already were as he looked at the cheetah again. A legendary, he must be in the presence of one.

"So I will be a father then!" He blurted it out before his mind had fully processed the information. What other reason could one be following him? It was only after this revelation that her words sank in. There was still so much more that he had to learn. He was still a young buck. Not yet experienced in all that the swamp had to offer. "Is it true? What I said? Did our time together result in something? Am I worthy?" If anyone could answer his questions, a legendary surely could.

Amorpheous
I hadn't even thought of nicknames till I noticed that like everyone had them when I looked through the journals. XD

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 6:13 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.That certainly was an intuitive leap. If Starburst had a sharper tongue and was inclined towards mocking, she would have asked him if he thought that was the only reason why legendaries existed, but as it is, she merely smiled, happy and indulgent for a buck who was to be a father. She did love children very much.

"Yes, you will be, congratulations." And again, if she had been less inclined towards indulgence and happiness, she might have responded that being a father had nothing to do with worth, but the thought did not even cross her mind. Instead, there was a strange, nebulous moment where her form wavered until she was a kiokote with a long cheetah tail rather than the cheetah that had been walking with him before. She continued walking, a serene smile on her face under her intensely glowing eyes, and then asked, "Tell me, what worries plague you so; the swamp is a wonderous place and no kin is any more or less worthy in the eyes of the MotherFather, so why judge yourself so harshly?"

Sushi Surfer
Most people have them for ease of reference, I think, so not all kin have them, especially those with shorter names. And a lot of nicknames are just one word out of the kin's name.

Amorpheous
Crew

Human Human

Sushi Surfer

Bashful Browser

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 6:33 pm
Wow, how utterly presumptuous of him. Through immediately felt bad. He had better manners than this. And to just assume and then treat a legendary as just a common kin. If it were physically possible, he would have kicked himself in the head. "Please forgive me. I didn't mean to go off of assumptions. This is my first time in the presence of one such as you." He bowed his head as a show of respect.

Through felt extremely embarrassed now that he had addressed his previous actions. His hooves danced with nervous energy. Congratulations, she had said. Yes, he would be a father. "Thank you." It took a moment for him to find a way to express his thoughts. "Perhaps it is because I have a hard time interacting with others. She gave me that chance. I'll find her again. I will care for her and our own." His eyes jumped to look at her again, her that didn't even have a name. Had she gotten him to answer his own questions? Now he knew that within him there was a buck who would care for those that belonged to him, even if it was not forever. He would stand by her side even if it was with uncertainty.

As an afterthought, he added, "I am Breaking the Ice but you may call me Through if you'd like. It is an honor to be in your presence." A shy but genuinely happy smile curled on his face.

Amorpheous
I see. Thanks for the information!

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 7:31 pm
"No need to apologize. I am happy for you," She looks at him and smiles. She was a kin, like any other. She did not think it a trifle to have met the MotherFather, but she was not so different from him. "And there you are, worthy of being a father, worthy of Bad Habits because she saw you worthy and that is what matters."

She laughed, it bubbled up like a summer breeze, and she tossed her head, joyful at the prospect of another clutch of little foals tumbling around in the swamp. How strange that she is now on the other side of a situation she had found herself in many times before. She danced a few light steps forward before speaking, "And I am Tastes Like Summer, Through. And for your willingness to discover the wisdom of your own heart, I offer you a blessing in return."

"May your children be humble like their father, seekers of hidden treasures like their mother, and always aware that they are worth something, a gift from the MotherFather who will always love them, regardless of who they are."

Sushi Surfer
And there's the blessing! I'd be happy to continue the rp if you'd like to continue fleshing out his character~ Or I could wrap this up with one more post after yours.

Amorpheous
Crew

Human Human

Sushi Surfer

Bashful Browser

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 10:38 pm
Through almost felt like he would tear up. He had discovered something new about himself and in doing so, he had somehow managed to get a blessing for his children. It was quite overwhelming. He allowed himself to take a shaky breath before speaking again. His chest was tight with emotions that he couldn't or didn't know how to express. "Thank you. Thank you so much Tastes Like Summer. I will endeavor to improve myself." He allowed himself to smile with all the joy he felt in his heart. "Is it normal to feel as if you are my friend?"

He would never forget this moment or the cheetah that had turned out to be a legendary.

Amorpheous
Thanks! We can continue it till it ends naturally. I love to rp. ^^

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:25 pm
Starburst smiled, pleased that he felt comfortable enough in her presence to say that she seemed a friend. She always hoped to be friends, however after her ascension, there seemed to be an element of intimidation to any of her new relationships. And even when kin were not intimidated, many felt a respect that she didn’t feel that she had really earned; the respected created a distance that Starburst was not used do.

She was without a doubt honored to have been blessed by the MotherFather, but in many ways, it completely changed how she was able to interact with other kin. She grinned at Breaking the Ice, “Not at all. I always love making new friends.”

Sushi Surfer
Sorry about leaving that hanging!

Amorpheous
Crew

Human Human

Sushi Surfer

Bashful Browser

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:02 pm
Breaking the Ice did not know how to take in all the positive feelings that were flowing through him at the very moment. It was nearly overwhelming. So much so that a tear did slip out. He pawed at the ground in slight embarrassment. "Excuse me, I am just filled with joy right now." There was no way he could ever repay Tastes Like Summer for the insight and blessing. After he was able to rein in some of his emotion, he felt the need to express his gratitude. "Thank you again. I am honored to have made such a friend as you. I hope we shall meet again."

He lifted his head to scent the air. "I should look for her shouldn't I? If I don't start now..." The swamp was a vast place. He should know. How many times had he wandered through, able to avoid others with ease? Through looked back at the legendary, "I will always consider you a friend and should I see you again, I will not hesitate to say hello." With that he took off with a purpose and a new found confidence in himself.

Amorpheous
Eh heh, no worries. I kinda disappeared for a long time. >.< We can just finish this up. So sorry about not being around! We can end with this or you can throw in a last post.

Roleplaying

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games