Welcome to Gaia! ::

◇ Xtreme Skilled Knights ◇

Back to Guilds

An army of many is more powerful than an army of one. 

Tags: everything, anime, poetry, clan, gold, fun, knights, skilled, RP, games, music, advice, vending, webcasts, booty grab, contests, art, music, zOMG, Wii, Xbox, Playstation, PC 

Reply Jak's Finale______________-_______Sony Entertainment
Playstation 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mr Chummi

Hunter

7,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 4:54 pm
PS4 Seems to have a pretty sick launch.
Note: These are like 25% or less launch games, E3 is where we'll find out more biggrin
Deep Down
Destiny
Diablo III
DriveClub
Final Fantasy (PS4)
Infamous: Second Son
Killzone: Shadow Fall
Sniper Elite 3
Knack
Thief
Watch Dogs
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
The Witness
Blacklight: Retribution
Primal Carnage: Genesis
Wolfenstein: The New Order
The Evil Within
Call of Duty: Ghosts
Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag
Dragon Age III: Inquisition

What do you think of the games so far?  
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 3:15 pm
Still don't care much for the idea of another console, (especially after just recently releasing newer models and special bundles) but whatever. I don't normally get them til they've been out for a few years anyways.

As for the games, listed, I see 3 that particularly catch my attention.

I'm not too happy that it's technically a prequel to 3, but it's Assassin's Creed and there are pirates.

Dragon's Age 3: Inquisition
I like Dragon Age.

And Final Fantasy...It's Final Fantasy, what more can I say?  

Zero the Crimson

Vermillion Bibliophile

Mr Chummi

Hunter

7,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 3:56 pm
Zero the Crimson
Still don't care much for the idea of another console, (especially after just recently releasing newer models and special bundles) but whatever. I don't normally get them til they've been out for a few years anyways.

I'm not too happy that it's technically a prequel to 3, but it's Assassin's Creed and there are pirates.

I like Dragon Age.

Sony owns more studios than any other gaming company, and they confirmed that every single Studio they own is working on a PS4 title, which means Naughty Dog is also working on a PS4 Title, Probably the best developers in history, all of their games received 9-10/10 scores and sold amazingly. then again there is Gran Turismo coming for Ps4, i think that at this point, PS4 already won next-gen.  
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 11:25 pm
Mr Chummi
Zero the Crimson

I like Dragon Age.

Sony owns more studios than any other gaming company, and they confirmed that every single Studio they own is working on a PS4 title, which means Naughty Dog is also working on a PS4 Title, Probably the best developers in history, all of their games received 9-10/10 scores and sold amazingly. then again there is Gran Turismo coming for Ps4, i think that at this point, PS4 already won next-gen.

Game wise, perhaps. Now the all important questions. System price and will we be dealing with first version bugs?  

Zero the Crimson

Vermillion Bibliophile

Sakura_Moonlight2421

Sparkly Genius

7,000 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 11:59 pm
Finally being able to play Diablo III would be a blessing to me. Infamous: Second Son and the new Final Fantasy will be the others I'll keep an eye on. Though I really do wish Sony spent a little more time developing games for the Vita....  
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 9:44 am
Sakura_Moonlight2421
Finally being able to play Diablo III would be a blessing to me. Infamous: Second Son and the new Final Fantasy will be the others I'll keep an eye on. Though I really do wish Sony spent a little more time developing games for the Vita....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAJLitZIzbU
You might enjoy this razz quick look at the in-game graphics.  

Mr Chummi

Hunter

7,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250

Sakura_Moonlight2421

Sparkly Genius

7,000 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 11:12 pm
Mr Chummi
Sakura_Moonlight2421

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAJLitZIzbU
You might enjoy this razz quick look at the in-game graphics.

*le dies slowly at the screen shots* .....I hope my old flat screen can handle those graphics.  
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 12:04 am
https://www.youtube.com/user/Shirrako

Subscribe? i'll upload news and stuff about gaming regulary and i really need more subscribers so thanks a lot to everyone who subscribes <3  

Mr Chummi

Hunter

7,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250

Sash0

Fallen Gaian

30,350 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 2:32 am
Will think about when to buy PS4 usually buy a game I like first then save up for the console encase they might have problems I hear when first released.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:17 pm
soo stoked!  

shugar bear

Dapper Genius

Kalinder

Devoted Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:18 am
So just wanted to bump this topic cuz I skimmed through the other posts and wanted to throw in my two cents as I now own a Ps4 and was extremely hesitant to buy one despite my long soul-mate status with Sony and the Playstation products.

I'm glad I didn't buy it at release.

I know there's all the hype and bundles offered initially, but even now, approaching the two year anniversary of the release, I feel the end of 2015 is going to be when people should want to commit to the purchase/price. Right now, hard disk copies of games that are must-own titles are kinda scarce. Granted there are the titles that have already made their debuts across both the ps3 and ps4 platforms, but I'm talking about games that are ps4 exclusives or releasing for ps4 and x-bone only and not their parent consoles.

There seems to be a wave of indie titles which are seriously awesome (Transistor, anyone?) that are *only* available via download, and while I don't discount those, I guess I'm just the type of gamer that still holds value in a disk I can hold in my hand and a shelf in my apartment dedicated to game cases. To each their own. That being said, I've owned my Ps4 for several weeks now and I only own 2 games and I'm still currently enthralled, thrilled, and now stoked for what's to come.

I own Bloodborne (insanely huge fangirl of the Dark Souls series, wanted my son's middle name to be Artorias, have the summoning sign as a main part of my tat-sleeve, etc.) and Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt. I've been rendered speechless multiple times by how incredible the detail can be in both games. I'm a tough crowd when it comes to graphics, CGI, and how those blend into, contrast, and otherwise are juxtapose with actual gameplay. Ps4 is crazy good at blurring those lines. And there are games coming out that gameplay - no joke - looks like one CGI scene of awesomeness and beauty.

I'm pumped for the end of '15 which is bringing the release of a whole wave of titles, some already hallowed (Fallout 4, Dishonored Definitive, Metal Gear Solid V, Disgaea 5, etc.) and some that will debut in the kick-a** realm (The Talos Principle, Star Wars: Battlefront, No Man's Sky, Horizon: Zero Dawn, etc.). AND LET'S NOT FORGET

Yeah for any of you poor sodding mongrels who missed that announcement - bask in the glory here:

No doubt one of my favorite moments in mankind's history. Laugh all you want. It's true and completely justified.

And in terms of the controller and interface, it's honestly cool. I'm not sure anything could be too ground-breaking, but it just feels good. I used to get hand aches after playing for many hours whether on X-box or Ps3. The P34 remote has eliminated that with subtle changes. I could go on and on about specs, but really truly it feels like a vast improvement. It's had me nodding in approval since I opened the box, named her, plugged her in, and booted her up.

TL;DR - The Ps4 is well worth the money and upgrade. If you want to get the most out of your dollar, wait for the end of 2015. You won't regret it. Promise ~

Jak's Finale______________-_______Sony Entertainment

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games