Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 11:57 pm
"Are you really? That's great!" Rosie knew that swords were always a really big thing for Luke, She wasn't sure why, for for a long time he had stopped carrying one, it delighted her to hear that he was getting back into them, she remembered how much he enjoyed practicing with it, though that was quite a long time ago.

Lifting her gaze to the two items in her room that seemed out of place among her other belongings, sitting safely propped up against the corner of her room, his brother's swords that she had agreed to watch for Luke until he was ready for them back.

It was the gun that took her by surprise, and though she knew it was the same concept as the sword, it somehow seemed much more extreme.
"Fire arms too?" she let out a soft sigh "Its hard to overcome that young fear of guns, you're told how dangerous they are and to stay away from them, or to be careful. Then we find ourselves in a time when the idea of using a gun to just protect the good people around us becomes a good idea... Kind of surreal" Her voice dropped softly.
"Hm, I guess it all is actually," She admitted running her hand through her hair.
"I think protecting people is so, so important now, I'm really glad you're picking that up again~"  
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 12:18 am
"I guess it's kind of easy to drop that fear after you've been shot," he said, lightening the sentiment with a brief laugh. He exhaled lightly. "I'm not very good at it, after not touching any kind of practice for a year. But… yeah. I guess that's why I'm working on it now, though, right?" He shrugged, allowing himself the satisfaction of the invisible gesture.  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 1:41 am
"You got sho-" She started to ask, in surprise followed with a light gasp of realization.
"-Oh," She sounded surprised, "Ooooh my gosh I feel so stupid now. With everything that's been happening I... I forgot Sera told me that you got shot." She sounded genuinely surprised and extremely apologetic, she vaguely remembered Sera explaining everything that happened in the car on the way to the hospital, it had been so much to take in during that car ride though.

"I am so sorry." Her voice came out a little muffled, as if she had her hand over her mouth.

She felt terrible for forgetting "I think I understand what you mean though," Even if she couldn't exactly relate, she's never been shot before.
Once you're put into certain situations you learn how to become stronger to keep them from happening again.
"Not completely, obviously, but I see what you're saying."

"Right!" She agreed whole heatedly "I thought you were good with the sword when you used to practice more, I bet you can pick it up again really fast. Don't have to start all over," she chuckled "I remember Guy went through some basics with me one time," she let out a breath "It is challenging!." all the more reason to be impressed with what Luke was capable of.  
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 8:53 am
"Oh, no, I can't blame you for that," he said, dismissing the apology. "I mean, it wasn't even really a serious injury." Not to imply that it hadn't hurt, of course, because it had in fact hurt appropriate to what one might expect of a gun-related wound, but it was what had resulted from the wound that became dangerous.

"Yeah," he replied, nodding. "It's a little frustrating not being able to move as quickly as I could, but I guess I'm getting used to it." It was easy to forget, amidst strict dissatisfaction with his movements, that the reason he'd stopped practicing for a year was because of diminishing health. It wouldn't be so easy to return to where he'd left off in terms of strength and agility. "Guy did?" He didn't think he'd heard of that, or didn't remember if he did. "Were you interested in learning?"  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 12:26 pm
"You'll get there again," She had full confidence, though she was sure he already knew that. "I've noticed the same thing with my dancing, you just, don't practice anymore and your body loses that kind of strength." She didn't sound upset about this though, she knew she gave up her dancing for something more important.

When he asked if she had been interested she hummed thoughtfully "I hadn't thought about it much before Guy brought it up. but he thought it would be a good idea, and I was curious, though really I probably looked so silly." she giggled. "It didn't last long." She dismissed "It was impossible for Guy to get close to me, or have me approach him so- you know."  
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 7:56 pm
He made a sound of agreement, though he wasn't terribly enthused by the fact. He wasn't planning on giving up, though, so it was only a matter of time and tenacity before he could properly wield his weapon again.

"I'd think you'd be pretty good at it," he said, faintly surprised at her evaluation. "A lot of it's sort of in the same vein as dancing." It was true, though, that Guy wouldn't be able to provide a lot of thorough instruction. That was probably kind of frustrating for him; Luke knew Guy was always very interested in and willing to help and teach others. "I bet a rapier would be perfect for you, if you ever thought about giving it another go," he considered, thinking of the mysterious rapier that had been amidst Asch's belongings. "It's really light, so it's more geared for agility than plain strength. …But I don't know if I'm much a teacher anyway, so…" He also didn't particularly like the idea of Rosie being involved in situations where it would be useful for her to be able to fight with a bladed weapon.  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 8:16 pm
"A rapier." She repeated, able to picture that weapon in her mind, well that was easy seeing as she was looking after one for Luke.
"I wouldn't mind learning." she admitted "You seem to really enjoy it, and a lot of our friends like it too, It could be nice." She smiled "Maybe we can talk about it, even if its just for fun. I don't want to get in the way of your own training."

Rosie paused for a second, before she let out a sigh. "Hey Luke, I should to go. My family is still downstairs and they're going to be getting dinner done soon."
though she would really much rather stay on the phone.  
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 8:31 pm
A hand moved through his hair, "If you want to, sure." The fact that it was pretty much literally impossible for her to get in his way went unsaid.

A brief pause responded to her announcement before he gave his response, "Okay. Talk to you later, then." And that's all you're going to say, huh? How lame.  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 8:43 pm
She smiled gently. "Talk to you later," She returned "Good night Luke, Thank you."

It was with great hesitance that she hung up after their farewells, taking a bit longer then she normally would have.

She stared at her gear for a couple more seconds once it was off, before she dragged herself back up, opened her door. and headed back downstairs.  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff