Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gold Diggers and Pollwhores Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild where you can do polls, polls, and more polls. Whist making friends and competing in numerous free competitions 

Tags: polls, gold, anime, active, friends 

Reply Gold Diggers and Pollwhores
Goodbye... ; n;

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DarkMoonSlayer
Crew

Feral Fatcat

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 8:15 pm
My elderly dog Girl is going to the vet to be euthanized tomorrow.

I'm pretty upset, so much so that I'm kinda worried I'll wind up with a depressive episode.

Anyway. Girl has been with our family about 11 years and was 2 years old when we got her form the animal shelter. We were told she had been there a while. We actually showed up on the day that they were going to euthanize her because she had been there so long. She is a beautiful German Shepherd mix and after we brought her home is was clear her previous owners had not been kind. She was hand shy, and when we took her to the vet he said she has probably been hit by a car at least once and not taken to a vet based on her xrays. We also soon discovered she had/has a sort of seizure disorder. Not like she would have muscle spazms but if she got really agitated by something she would repeat whatever motion she was doing (barking, spinning on circles, ect.) the vet said it was like someone was holding the repeat button down in her brain.

Anyway years have passed and she has aged into a wonderful content old lady, who no longer has seizures, no longer acts like the world is terrifying. She's just, calm and content. At least her state of mind is peaceful.

Physically the years have not been kind. She has arthritis, blindness, deafness, incontinence, balance issues and all her teeth have pretty much fallen out (mushy diet for the last year).

In the last week it has all gotten so bad that the pain killers we give her are no longer helping, and every thing is just not good. She isn't goofy happy anymore, she just... I can't describe it, but I know her time is up.

I'm going to miss her so, so much.... She's been with us about half of my life. And being without her is gonna be so.... different...

Anyway. I just needed to let this out...  
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 7:16 am
It made me sad when you started mentioning your dog down on Facebook.
I had to go through the same thing about five year ago with my dog and I had my dog just as long as you had.
Not one day goes by that I don't think about her still. Just make sure you give your doggie lots of hugs and kisses before it happpens. That's one thing I regret not doing before we put my dog down because I part of me didn't want to believe she was being put down. I wasn't even there when they put her down because I couldn't see her like that. Now she's buried in my backyard. It's nice that I can visit her anytime I like. Sometimes I still her the sound of her collar in the house where she use to lie down.
I hope you don't go into depression mode. : ( But if you do its understandable. Having a dog or any pet for a long time is hard to let go of.
Just think that your doggie won't be in anymore pain.
Best of luck to you, DMS.
/hugs you emotion_hug emotion_bigheart  

xxXSleepy_NinjaXxx

Mega Nerd

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Nudist Colony 200

Sagebomb
Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 6:07 pm
As sad as it is, it sounds like it would be the right thing to do.

You need to reflect on the best years and not the worst.

My dog which I posted about a lot, which I posted the tribute for back in Nov 2011 is still in my thoughts most days, and I keep one of her tags in my wallets so I can keep carrying her with me.

Sorry for your loss, but it sounds like it is her time.  
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 6:41 pm
my sister's fiancee has an old dog that's got heart problems, among other things. lately, he's been refusing to take any of the usual tricks for his meds, so they're putting him to sleep tomorrow
no idea how the other dog or the kitten that thinks that she's a puppy will take it
me? i'm kinda meh, s**t happens. he won't be in pain anymore  

Shannon Kyra Liannanon

Perfect Phantom

8,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Timid 100

DarkMoonSlayer
Crew

Feral Fatcat

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 10:40 pm
Definitely in depression mode.... cookie dough yesterday when we got home from the vet, and three chocolate bars today. ; n;

Yay for eating my feelings....  
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 6:37 am
DarkMoonSlayer
Definitely in depression mode.... cookie dough yesterday when we got home from the vet, and three chocolate bars today. ; n;

Yay for eating my feelings....

sad
Don't over eat too much. Or you'll regret later.
I know we really don't know what dogs are thinking, but I'm sure you doggie wouldn't want you to be this way.
Just remember all the happy times you had together. And just continue to do things normally with her in your heart and mind.
Here's hoping depression mode won't keep you away too long.  

xxXSleepy_NinjaXxx

Mega Nerd

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Nudist Colony 200

Citrus Novii

Anxious Fairy

10,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 12:41 pm
:<
No matter what, you know that you did the right thing. She was hurting, and now she's not and no matter what happens to the soul when abandoning the physical plane that's very important.

It doesn't really get easier to get over the sadness, but it will get easier to remember the happier times with her over this very sad time.

<3  
Gold Diggers and Pollwhores

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff