Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 9:38 pm
She was surprised when her hand was taken up by Luke, She twirled to face him blinking in surprise but accepting the addition of his presence whole heatedly.
He still sang, and now he was dancing with her... Though she didn't stop dancing, and her smile lit up her face, she could feel her breath catch in her lungs, and she had to remind herself to breath again as she took his guide and took a spinning step toward him.  
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 10:27 pm
It was fairly easy to remember the feeling of free movement that he had attained the last time they had danced, especially given that this time they were isolated from the scrutiny of others. In the past, song had been a decent means of relaxation during times of stress and he'd felt rather indifferently about dance, but the knowledge that he could use them as a means to bring forward that smile did much to change his feelings on the matter.

He came to rest as the song faded from him in its conclusion, though he didn't let go of her just yet, regarding her with an expression that betrayed the words lingering just near his voice. After a long, hesitant pause, a soft smile broke into his features, "You said before that you wanted to learn that song, right?"  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 10:53 pm
The song ended, thus bringing Rosie to the last strides of her dance and stilling her posture as her free arm drifted down gently to her side. a small laugh of enjoyment escaped her breathlessly as she stepped up in to him, as he had not let go, something she didn't mind in the least.
Though they were not longer dancing, and a warm paused allowed her to returned to a much more casual posture, just smiled back at him.
But there was something in the way he was looking at her, she couldn't seem to stop her heart from beating faster.

Afraid that he might notice, she just smiled bashfully and glanced down, brushing some of the hair out of her face as the ocean tossed it across her warm cheeks.
She was enjoying this moment, but when he spoke she lifted her gaze back up to him. "Yes, yes I would love to!"  
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 11:18 pm
The smile remained, brightening at her enthusiastic reply. But, hm… This would be easier with something to write on. "Here." Gently he drew Rosie closer to the surf, crouching in the wet sand and moving a finger across the pliable surface. The words he wrote were loose collaborations of letters that bore no resemblance to any distinct language. "I guess the lyrics are kind of weird," he explained, "since they're more like random sounds than actual words. The consonants are pronounced really softly, so the vowels get emphasized." He sang through the first verse in example.  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 11:56 pm
Rosie followed him as he lead her toward the stiffer sand, leaning down to watch as he wrote something in it, she did not recognize the words, but listened as he explained the mechanics further.
Crouching down next to him with her hands over her knees, leaning over to look at the letters in the sand, then back at him as he sang them.
"Alright," with a nod to show she understood Rosie paused to hum the tune that she had just heard from him a couple of times so that she could feel the music, before she attempted to add the lyrics into the verse as well.

It was without a doubt a very new sound to her, "Ohhh, Those are interesting sounds to try and wrap your tongue around." She noticed, trying to speak the words he had written down a couple of times to practice.  
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 10:11 am
A nod, "They don't really fit in with the way words sound in English, or in French either. They're these kind of soft, drifting sounds." It was difficult to explain, so he abandoned the effort, allowing her to work through the pronunciation and providing demonstrations when needed. Gradually they moved through the seven verses, each drawn into the damp ground after its predecessor. There was an odd nostalgia in hearing the melody come through another's voice. Though somewhat bittersweet, it was warm and pleasant. An idle curiosity made its way out of his thoughts, "It'd probably be easier if you had it to listen to, huh… I wonder if it's online somewhere." It was an older song, though, and kind of obscure thanks to the lack of distinct lyrics, so he was apprehensive about the prospects.  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 5:48 pm
Though learning something new was always a challenge at first, Rosie looked like she was having the time of her life as she carefully worked her way through the song. Delighted when she would sing through some of the lines correctly after Luke helped her though some of the sounds.
She paid close attention to what he was writing out, and when he would explain or demonstrate how to sing something.

"Would it be online?" She asked, pausing for a moment to bring out her gear from her hip. "What is it called again?"  
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 6:22 pm
"I'm not sure," he replied thoughtfully, trying and failing to think of time when he might have looked for it. "It might be, I guess. The only title I've ever seen associated to it is 'Lorelei.' If my memory's right, the original composer is Yulia Jue, but I'm not sure how much that'll help in looking up a video or something. It's more of a lullaby passed through families than a song people listen to, I think…"  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 6:40 pm
"Okay." She nodded as she played with her gear, she had never heard of someone by that name, but she was hopeful that there would be something out there.
"If nothing else," She said, finding that her search was not turning up any results so far, though she kept looking "It could give me an excuse to ask you to practice with me." the blond pointed out with a playful grin.  
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 6:54 pm
"Ohhh nooo," he replied, feigning disappointment in an intentionally flat tone.  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 12:19 am
At his reply she looked up from the search on her gear, blinking before an amused giggle replied to his very obvious tease. "Awwww, please Luke?." Rosie pleaded response, mocking pouting, though very poorly as she couldn't seem to quite get rid of the smile in her eyes. propping her chin up onto her hand,  
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 10:50 am
Okay, even if they were just kidding around, that wasn't fair. Reflexively his gaze fell elsewhere. "Well, I guess there's no other choice, huh?"  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 11:22 am
"Hee hee hee" she grinned holding her palm out with her fingers spread. "I've got the first two verses at least~ you got me started so the last bit will be easy."  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff