Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Links
Is Christianity a “Virus”?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 1:00 am
Is Christianity a “Virus”?

[Working link April 3rd 2016. Please notify us of broken links and inaccurate content.]  
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 4:01 pm
I didnt fully read the article mainly due to me getting annoyed by the atheists ignorance. Mr. Dennett said "I think a lot of people are really afflicted by their religion, " To which i would agree to a point. Being a christian doesnt afflict me one bit, but has changed me for the better. If it was not for God stepping into my life, i would be a killer, i have no doubt in my mind. I, as some of you know, considered killing my step dad, and just before i absolutely considered it i prayed to God for help and he help'd me and got us away from my step dad. And to be technical, if all religion is a virus, that would mean atheism is a virus as well, they can say that they are not because they do not believe in anything, but thats just it, they believe. According to the Merriam-Webster Dictionary religion is defined as: a cause, principle, or system of beliefs held to with ardor and faith.
Google definition: 1.The belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, esp. a personal God or gods.

2.Details of belief as taught or discussed.

Which would tie in atheism, (from Google) "The theory or belief that God does not exist."

I am just amazed at how hard this world is trying to eradicate christians and God.  

911child

Blessed Lunatic

12,250 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Friendly 100

mindviperitachi

Mewling Beau

10,890 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:42 pm
No matter how hard I've tried the link does not work for me.
But Christianity is not a virus, Sin is a virus, a deadly virus,which after it manifest its end result is death(James 1:13-15), which we are all borne with; whose only cure is Jesus Christ's Blood, which was shed for us on Calvary's Cross over 2000 years ago(Romans 3:23-25).

Atheist don't want to believe or believe whatever they want, the fact is, it does not matter, they can't prove my God Untrue or Unreal, therefore what they say doesn't matter. Our God is The Way, The Truth and The Life. The World says that we are Haters and Narrow-minded (hating God's truth) and Ignorant and do not take into their equation that they themselves are Haters; because without God one cannot Love(1john 4:7- cool are Narrow-minded(Romans 1:22) and have no understand because that to comes from God(Proverbs 4:7).  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:28 am
mindviperitachi
But Christianity is not a virus, Sin is a virus, a deadly virus,which after it manifest its end result is death(James 1:13-15), which we are all borne with; whose only cure is Jesus Christ's Blood, which was shed for us on Calvary's Cross over 2000 years ago(Romans 3:23-25).

Atheist don't want to believe or believe whatever they want, the fact is, it does not matter, they can't prove my God Untrue or Unreal, therefore what they say doesn't matter. Our God is The Way, The Truth and The Life. The World says that we are Haters and Narrow-minded (hating God's truth) and Ignorant and do not take into their equation that they themselves are Haters; because without God one cannot Love(1john 4:7- cool are Narrow-minded(Romans 1:22) and have no understand because that to comes from God(Proverbs 4:7).

Very true. ^^

1 Corinthians 1:18-19
18For the word of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 19For it is written, "I WILL DESTROY THE WISDOM OF THE WISE, AND THE CLEVERNESS OF THE CLEVER I WILL SET ASIDE."…

We are even told by Jesus to expect it:
John 15:18-19
18"If the world hates you, you know that it has hated Me before it hated you. 19"If you were of the world, the world would love its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, because of this the world hates you.…

It is even a blessing to be hated for his sake:
Matthew 5:10-11
10"Blessed are those who have been persecuted for the sake of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. 11"Blessed are you when people insult you and persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me.…  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:29 am
Another attempt at posting the link:
http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/2013/05/27/christianity-virus  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:29 am
mindviperitachi

Agreed. Atheism is a worship of oneself. So they effectively blind and dull their hearing to the Gospel of Christ and the True Salvation sitting before them. We ultimately become criminals before them and we are crucified for the Words of God, denying our own will and submitting in obedience to God's will. As a Disciple we learn to put down the flesh and exalt the Truth God has birthed in us.  

Ratsah

Beloved Soldier

8,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100

mindviperitachi

Mewling Beau

10,890 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:27 pm
Garland-Green
Another attempt at posting the link:
http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/2013/05/27/christianity-virus

Thank you I really appreciate you sending this new link! It works for me now biggrin !*~<3  
Links

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games