Submit

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:33 pm
"Yeah, can't blame you," Yuri said back. And really he didn't. After everything that happened, it would be easy to not like guns or shooting.

"I don't like it either." Not exactly for the same reasons Luke had. But also he didn't like that a kid like Luke had to actually come to this point. Where protecting himself with a firearm was a good idea. What was the world coming to? The cops were so damn useless.

Yuri watched as Luke handed the gun off to Dove, apparently having had enough for now.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:53 pm
Luke's comment was met with an apologetic look of understanding, though The marks in her own flesh were enough to give her resolve, and a constant reminder that while it was horrible--and it was really, really horrible-- she hadn't been the one in direct path of a bullet. As much as she disliked the idea of learning such a cruel art, she had control. She wouldn't be one of those people. But she wouldn't be helpless either, when she and her friends and her team were faced with true enemies.

With a deep breath, she took the offered gun with closed eyes, then opened them, her stance tall, hips and shoulders square to the target with one foot slightly behind the other, brown eyes locked onto its center. Her fingers shifted in her grip, to a more comfortable hold, and after a moments pause, and another deep breath, she relaxed completely and fired one shot. The kick from the gun was taken readily, though she quickly noted not to lock her wrists next time.

Her eyes widened a hair at the rush, an exhilaration rushing through her, a feeling she immediately knew she liked.

The target displayed a hole barely above its center.  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:10 pm
Yuri watched Dove carefully, making sure that she was taking the proper stance and aiming correctly. When she actually fired the shot though, he looked at the target with a bit of surprise.

"Hey, that was pretty good," he complimented, as he assumed she was aiming for the center. Either that was beginners luck or maybe she had some natural talent. It wasn't unheard of after all.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:20 pm
Yuri's compliment was heard, but instead of turning back to him and Luke, the girl grinned, a new sparkle in her eye, and fired two more shots. While not as successful as the first, they still pierced the target within a few rings of its center.

Almost satisfied, though looking slightly disappointed at the second and third marks, the girl secured the gun, and turned to offer it back to Yuri, though she brushed her fingers along its barrel before handing it off.

Hm.  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:28 pm
He couldn't say that he was surprised when she didn't do as well the following two times. Dove had probably gotten a bit over confident after that first shot.

"It'll take some practice," he reminded them both as he took back the gun. Then opened up the chamber to see that it was now empty.

"Want to try again?" he then asked of Luke.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:40 pm
He watched as Dove took her shots, taking the opportunity to review again what the posture was supposed to look like. She apparently didn't have as many reservations as he did, which was… kind of pathetic on his part. They had been in the same dangerous situations. What was it that was leading him to question things that had seemed so clear not much more than a month earlier?

"I'm… not sure," he replied, forcing an apologetic smile. "Maybe not today. I think I want to think about some things." He didn't intend to give up, but it didn't feel intelligent to hold a weapon like that when confronting so much hesitation and indecision.  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:59 pm
She nodded once at the reminder, then flexed her right hand as he took the gun from her, rubbing her wrist with the other.

Her eyes went to Luke, and the excited look began to trickle away. His smile wasn't full, and from the way he spoke-and what he said-- she realized he definitely wasn't comfortable with this, and certainly not enjoying it as much as she had been, though of course, the ability to do it was what excited her, not the act itself...she thought.

She sobered quickly, and spoke up, her voice and smile soft. "Don't push yourself... One step at a time, right?" None of this was easy, and she knew that. Their very reason for being here--at least, she assummed Luke was here for the same reasons she and Yuri were-- was a dark and heavy burden. She was just lucky to have recent irritations eclipse her full hesitations for the present.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:13 am
"Okay, we'll call it a day," he said, not at all bothered by Luke's hesitation.

Thus Yuri put the gun away where it was concealed on his person. As he did so, he was suddenly reminded that he had a phone too.

"I guess you can call me now whenever you want to practice."

Except he had no idea what his phone number even was.  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:17 am
It was a little surprising to hear his own words turned back to him, and his smile gained some sincerity, "Right. Thanks."

Yuri's easy acquiescence was appreciated, as was the suggestion that followed. Weren't phones amazing little things. "Convenient, right? Do you want my number?" No time when Yuri had needed to contact him came to mind, but it still seemed prudent, since the option existed. Actually, come to think of it… "I never got my number to you, did I?" he realized, speaking to Dove. "Sorry; you even gave me yours…" Rude.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:31 am
The decision to retire early brought a disappointed look to her face, but the choice was understood, and she wouldn't press it; Luke had every right to be uncomfortable with this, and though it faded quickly, a slight guilt pooled in her chest as she realized this might not have been bothering her as much as it should. A gun in her hand was rapidly becomin a thrill, and she had only ired three shots.

Talk of exchanging numbers brought a grin to her face, and it only widened at Luke's 'Convenient' comment. "I guess you need your number, huh?" she teased Yuri, before pulling her phone from her pocket and searching for his number with barely a glance to the screen.

Luke's apology pulled her gaze to him, and her shook her head, her smile reassuring once more. "Don't worry about it. No time like the present, right?" She didn't fault him at all. Besides, it wasnt like he would have bothered him with texts or calls. It wasnt like he had even had the time to think about giving her his number with everything that had happened, and why on earth would he have wanted her to have his number, after all her failures that involved him. Guilt bubbled again, but she forced it down.

Her smile still full, she offere him her phone which now displayed Yuri's contact information, then turned to Yuri again. "I'm already in your contacts, and your own number is listed there too. You just have to find it." A wink.  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:09 am
Yuri was now pulling out his phone again. He'd never owned one of these and it was kinda awkward for him.

"Yeah, sure," he said at Luke's offer of giving him his number. Just... How did you even put a number in there? He just stated at the phone, looking up again when Dove spoke.

He had to find it? ... "Riiight... No problem."

Cause that would easy right? ... Sure. Someone help him.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:03 pm
Dove watched for a second as Yuri looked at the phone, then laughed softly, and extended her hand, willing to take the device and offer an example of how to locate and add numbers to his contacts list. "It's really not so hard, Yuri..." she teased again, though this time more gently.

And it wasn't hard. She had made sure to find a balance of functionality and reasonable usability for someone who had never owned a cell phone, or... any technology, that she knew of. She didn't want it to be so simple she might insult him, but at the same time, she didn't want it to go to waste if he didn't know how to use it at all.  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:15 pm
He transferred the offered number into the contact list on his gear, sending out blank messages to both Dove and Yuri upon completion of the task. "There should be an option available about 'add as a contact,'" he volunteered to the struggling Yuri - not that he really had any more experience with normal phones himself. His own means of communication with others was pokegear, after all.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:22 pm
"I could figure it out," Yuri said with a bit of a pout, but still ended up handing it over to Dove.

The man leaning over to stare at the tiny screen as she showed him what to do. "Oh yeah," Yuri responded to Luke when he saw the "add contacts" show up as an option.

It didn't seem so hard really, it would just take a bit of getting use to.  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:28 pm
Dove handed Yuri back his phone, then saved Luke's number to her contacts list. "There, done. Too easy..." She glanced to Yuri. "If you've got questions, you can call me."  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff