Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:58 pm
"Mmmmmorning George" A tall women with ashy gray stretched an arm out in front of her, curling her other arm around it to extend the muscle further.
A man sitting behind the counter of a small office room looked up from the paperwork he was looking over. He was older, with a peppered beard and bald head, a gruff looking man with alert eyes.

"Mornin' Rayan."

Ray offered the man a smooth smile as she stepped up to a chart against the wall of the office, covered in names and schedules for jobs and locations,

"How was your weekend?" He asked, not surprised to get a drawling reply from Ray that was dripping with sarcasm.

"Eventful. Hey George, is there a reason my chart has nothing schedules on it?"
Mossy green eyes scanned over her name a few times, trailing it over to where she should have a group and a time on it for her tours, only to find each of her boxes blank.

"Ah well, that would be because we have you doing a different job today."
The man replied,

Curiously Ray stepped away from the chart, and over toward the counter where George was pulling out a folder and holding it out to the tall women.
"Some company guys came down from the city today, the big Kaiba corp, they own a portion of the mines on the far east side in the mountains, I guess they're down here checking out their investment, or checking out some of the mines further inland to see if they want to purchases those as well." He shrugged, clearly not giving too much thought into how big companies ran their resources. "But they hired us to be a guide and for safety, so I'm putting you on them today."

"Kaiba corp huh?" Ray repeated distantly, flipping through the papers idly and scanning over the schedule "Hah, Don't get around those mines very much," she plucked the map that the file had, scanning over that. "Sounds easy enough, besides, if its some suits I'm sure they won't be inclined to get themselves too dirty." She grinned at George, tucking the folder under her arm. "Easy job. You're so good to me ol' man."

George waved a hand at her. "Don't get a big head-"

"Too late"

He waved a hand again "Go on go on, Don't leave a client waiting, they'll be here any second."  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:52 pm
Well, Rayan wouldn't be disappointed. Within a few minutes, a shiny black car pulled up in front of the office. And what stepped out was indeed, a bunch of suits. Three of them actually.

One of them was an older man with graying hair and a mustache. The second being a tall younger man in his early twenties with thick black hair that was pulled back into a short ponytail. The third was the tallest, with short brown hair and stern blue eyes.

The last of them put on a pair of shades as he got out of the car, and was promptly followed by a golden Luxray with a spiked collar. Raion hopping out and following his master towards the office, with the other two men behind them.

Seto looked at the building with some indifference as he lifted his hand to rap his knuckles on the door.  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:47 pm
The tall man probably got one knock on against the door before he was swung open inwardly.
Ray made to move as to step outside, but the sudden unexpected appearance of something blocking the doorway jerked the tall women to a halt.
a single visible mossy eye blinked, noticing that she was staring straight ahead at... a chin, not the top of someone's head, not their eyes, but their chin.
The women actually had to incline her eyes upward a little to meet this person's shaded gaze. this drew a genuinely surprised look from her.

"Wooohh, and what was that about the 'taller then me' clause we had in my contract George?"

The voice from inside the room snorted in annoyance "There wasn't one!"

"Oh... huh." Ray put on a grin and stepped back to allow the men to enter the room. "So you gentlemen must be from Kaiba corp?" Ray concluded looking from the tallest man to the other two behind him, then down to the pokemon that was accompanying them, where her smile only grew, another genuine shiny! This was the third one she's seen since coming to Kodo, that was amazing! A Luxray on top of that, that told her a bit about whoever owned this pokemon.
"Well ain't Kodo just full of Jewels." She winked at the shiny Luxery before looking back to the men, holding her hand out.
"The names Rayan, Call me Ray, looks like I'll be you gentleman's guide today out in the mines."  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:52 pm
Seto sighed through his nose at the commentary about height, but didn't say anything. Though the young man behind him was obviously grinning in amusement.

Stepping inside when they were allowed in, the man looked down at the offered hand before offering his in a handshake.

"Seto Kaiba," he told her with all seriousness, not looking the least bit amused even if his brother did.

Raion gave Ray a strange look when she winked at him, but simply sat and looked around.

"And I'm Mokuba," the youngest of the trio said as he reached past his brother to shake Ray's hand as well. "And this is Mister Rolan, our assistant and bodyguard. You know, for security and all. The Luxray is Raion."  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:54 pm
Ohhh, stoic type huh? She could usually get at least an awkward grin out of something like that, kinda like the younger one behind him! yeah there we go.
Ray grinned, glad she got at least something.

When the tall man accepted her handshake she gripped it with a firm confidence and shook it once,
"Seto Kaiba. Mr. Kaiba huh?" She noticed the obvious. "Can't be too surprised there, I supposed someone from the Kaiba corp with that name would be showing up today."
Moving her eyes over to the younger of them, who she greeted with a similar hand shake "Mokuba, nice to meet you."
And then to the bodyguards and Pokemon. "Mr. Rolan, good, good, security is good, nice to meet you." And then to the Luxray who she grinned at "Raion, You don't meet many Luxray in the field, amazing species, Its a pleasure."

Now that introductions were out of the way, Ray perked herself up tall and put her hands on her hips. "Alright then, I'm going to assume you want to get this party on the road, Are you gentlemen planning on changing or are you going to stick with what you are wearing?"
She glanced over the suit that Seta was wearing, arching her notched eyebrow with an amused smirk playing along her lips.
She herself was wearing more rugged pants and rolled up long sleeves, a utility belt with pockets around her waist and strapped around one thigh, where she kept certain tools, a radio and the two pokemon she had in balls.

"It doesn't really matter either way, its whatever you gentlemen want."  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:14 am
"It's nice to meet you too, Ray," Mokuba replied before releasing the woman's hand to stand next to his taller and older brother. Seto merely grunted in reply to the pleasantries, not really in the mood for being overly social to someone who wasn't of great importance.

"Don't mind him, he's usually this way," the younger man told their guide, drawing a grimace from his sibling.

"It's a pleasure," Rolan replied as well, while Raion just tilted his head and eyed the odd woman with an equally odd expression.

"We'll be fine," Seto assured the woman rather curtly at the question of whether they wanted to change. "Let's get on with this."  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:02 pm
"Usually this way" She announced with a grin. "alright then, I'll keep that in mind. So!"
When the taller of them men spoke that they would be fine in the suits, Ray simply shrugged, having no reason to argue with their decisions.
"Suit yourself." She replied, giving a pause before a quirky grin crossed her lips and she slowly lifted her fingers up to point at them "Eeeeeh?"
Oh yeah, that was not even on purpose!
"Alright then! This way gentlemen"

Rayan was first out the door, leading the group down the steps of the small office and into the more open grounds where they kept the trucks.
She lead the men and pokemon out into the sun, directing them toward one of the rugged vehicles parked at the side of the building, pausing by the drivers seat.
"One up front, two in the back, its going to be a bumpy ride, but it shouldn't be longer then twenty minutes. just enough time to fill everyone in on safety around these mines so you gentlemen can get to work."
She gestured to the car to indicate they get in.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:01 pm
They were a tough crowd, Ray's unintentional joke receiving little response other than flat expressions from both Seto and Rolan. Only Mokuba actually cracked a grin, while the eldest man cleared his throat.

"I suppose you think you're funny," Seto commented, clearly unimpressed before heading out the door toward the mentioned vehicle they would be taking.

The tallest of them sat himself in the front seat while Mokuba and Rolan were content to sit in the back with Mokuba right behind the driver's seat.  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:30 pm
Rayan had made no concern with if they found her joke funny or not, she was happy with it, It was when Seth made his comment that her unstintingly wide grin spread over half her face.
"I have my moments." she admitted, "You know they say puns are consistence a high brow kind of humor, but I suppose its not for everyone."
She flipped on the ignition, looking over at Seth, and though she couldn't meet his eye becasue of his sun glasses, she gave him a odd smile before kicking the vehicle into drive.

She could tell this one right away, he was far too consumed in being important, either never learning how to interact socially with people, or if she had to guess; he is afraid to.
Of course the fact that he was a business owner means he had to interact with people, the perfect line of work that usually meant interactions were kept strictly professional, as to not cross any boarders of a more personal nature.
The youngest one, was quite different, she could probably spend all day trying to keep him smiling, and it would be considered a job well done. He was adorable.

"So tell me, Have you boys been up in the mines before?" She asked, as the off road jeep carried them toward the mountains.  
Roleplay

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games