Welcome to Gaia! ::

Animal Crossing New Leaf (Events, Contest, and More!?)

Back to Guilds

Come and join this friendly and awesome Guild of Animal Crossing New Leaf. Were the Adventure never ends. 

Tags: Animal Crossing, Games, Chat, Contest, Adventure 

Reply Animal Crossing New Leaf (Events, Contest, and More!?)
The Stalk Market (Turnips and you!)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Stomping Time

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:59 pm
Alright guys so as per usual the stalk market is back again in New Leaf so I figure it would be a good idea to make a thread where people can post the prices that Joan is selling her Turnips at and then as well throughout the week the prices that are offered for them at "Re-tail." This way we can kind of get an idea who has the best prices for the turnips and visit the player with the highest price so everyone is able to make lots of bells!

So basically post Stalk Market price related things here and you can arrange meet ups in each others villages to buy and sell your turnips! This will help to reduce the risk of bad prices cause some weeks you might get stuck with decreasing prices and end up losing money!

For the people who might not know about the Stalk Market it's a type of weekly event. Joan the boar shows up every Sunday between 6:00AM and 12:00PM to sell Turnips for a random price between 90 and 110 bells. Then from Monday to Saturday you have the chance to sell the turnips for varying profits to Reese in the Re-tail store! The Turnips will go rotten after one week though so you need to make sure to sell them before the next Sunday at 6:00 AM. The turnips will also rot if you abuse any kind of time travel or clock changing so whenever you have good turnips make sure not to change the time!  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:00 pm
So I found this online, you can use it as sort of a guideline to help you make the most of your turnips!

There are four patterns that turnip prices can follow throughout the week. They are: Decreasing, Big Spike, Small Spike, and Random. The following sections explain each pattern.

Decreasing Pattern
In the decreasing price pattern, the prices will consistently decrease by a few bells each time, never increasing. With the decreasing pattern, the start price for the week will be between 99 and 50 bells. In this pattern, if the price doesn't increase by Thursday afternoon, you should sell immediately.

Big Spike Pattern
The big spike pattern features a decreasing pattern, but then there will be three increasing prices, with the third being the maximum for the week, followed by two decreasing prices that are still higher than average, followed by a continuation of the overall decreasing pattern. The maximum price in this pattern is always preceded by two increasing prices and always followed by two decreasing prices, so the maximum can't occur on Monday or Saturday.

Small Spike Pattern
The small spike pattern features a decreasing pattern, but then there will be four increasing prices, with the fourth being the maximum for the week, followed by a decreasing price that is higher than average, followed by a continuation of the overall decreasing pattern. The maximum price in this pattern is always preceded by three increasing prices and followed by one decreasing price, so the earliest that the maximum can occur is Tuesday afternoon and the latest is Saturday morning.

Random Price Pattern
The random price pattern features unpredictable prices in the range of about 50 to 200. The prices increase and decrease at random. The price seems to go over 110 at least twice a week in the random pattern.

Keep in mind that with the stalk market, there is always a risk of losing bells because you might get the Decreasing pattern, which will almost always be too low to give you a profit. The other patterns typically feature a price over 110 bells at least twice during the week, so if you track the stalk market each day and see any increasing price, you should be able to make a profit even if you miss a spike.

Reducing the Risk
The best way to reduce the stalk market risk is to make friends with other players who follow the stalk market in their towns. Even if your own town has the decreasing pattern this week, there is a chance that one of your friends' towns will have a better pattern. You can even mark a friend as a Best Friend, and if your 3DSs are both connected to the Internet, you can send each other messages about the current stalk market prices in your towns without having to visit.  

Stomping Time

Stomping Time

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:16 am
Hey guys, so far I've been having really low turnip prices over the past few days, nothing really worth posting for!
It went 129 > 111 > 67 thus far so hopefully it'll increase over the next few days for a big/small spike! If anyone else has any good prices feel free to post them.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:04 am
Stomping Time
Hey guys, so far I've been having really low turnip prices over the past few days, nothing really worth posting for!
It went 129 > 111 > 67 thus far so hopefully it'll increase over the next few days for a big/small spike! If anyone else has any good prices feel free to post them.
Just got 123 bells for today! It's either on a random pattern or it's looking like the start of a big/small spike! Hopefully in about two days from now Reese will be offering a lot.  

Stomping Time

Deadcant_Closed

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:08 pm
I'm not much into selling, but I could post prices here and there.

As of 6/25/13- 80 bells.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:26 am
Pseudopathogen
I'm not much into selling, but I could post prices here and there.

As of 6/25/13- 80 bells.

Cool, that would be awesome!
I'm mainly just posting mine when they're really high, the past few days I've had 65 > 63 ]:
Today I just got 56 so I think I'm on the decreasing pattern.  

Stomping Time

Deadcant_Closed

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:08 am
Stomping Time
Cool, that would be awesome!
I'm mainly just posting mine when they're really high, the past few days I've had 65 > 63 ]:
Today I just got 56 so I think I'm on the decreasing pattern.

Ah. I see and it's no problem. 3nodding

(Saving space for updating with today's price)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:21 am
Today I got 116 so it looks like it's going up! I think it's just the random pattern though so hopefully tomorrow won't give me terrible prices!  

Stomping Time

Stomping Time

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:31 am
Until 12:00 PM PST today Reese is offering 208 bells per turnip at my town if anyone wants to sell.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:11 pm
My price today was 65. =/  

LostUnicorn

Mikusagi

Counselor

23,550 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:58 am
141 if anyone wants to come over  
Animal Crossing New Leaf (Events, Contest, and More!?)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games