Welcome to Gaia! ::

Animal Crossing New Leaf (Events, Contest, and More!?)

Back to Guilds

Come and join this friendly and awesome Guild of Animal Crossing New Leaf. Were the Adventure never ends. 

Tags: Animal Crossing, Games, Chat, Contest, Adventure 

Reply Animal Crossing New Leaf (Events, Contest, and More!?)
A word of warning about perfect fruit

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

IntrinsicallyAwesome

Timid Sweetheart

14,450 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:23 pm
You can only have perfect fruit trees for the fruit that is native to your town.
Oranges are native to my town, so despite the fact that I have perfect oranges and perfect peaches I can only grow perfect oranges. Planting a perfect fruit from another town will result in a regular fruit tree growing. It's pretty stupid, but I thought you should all know so you don't waste another person's perfect fruit.

I haven't confirmed this yet, but I was told it and I read it online. When I get back from my vacation I can verify it.

Also you should keep one of your perfect fruits around at all times, because perfect fruit trees can die,usually after 5 or so harvests.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:08 pm
I thought if you used Fertilizer on a Perfect Fruit that is not native to your town could turn into a Perfect Fruit tree (its a 50/50)  

Sweet Kawaii Snow Bunny

Interesting Raider

7,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

IntrinsicallyAwesome

Timid Sweetheart

14,450 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:18 pm
Sweet Kawaii Snow Bunny
I thought if you used Fertilizer on a Perfect Fruit that is not native to your town could turn into a Perfect Fruit tree (its a 50/50)

I dunno if that's true or not, no one I've spoken to has said that, and neither wiki says it. Might just be a lack of data though...  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:42 am
Well as far as I know its true cause I planted 2 perfect pears in town and they didn't grow into perfect trees...my native are oranges...=/
I don't have fertilizer so I don't know about that.  

LostUnicorn

Cloud Riven

Enduring Pitcher

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:01 am
Ha ha yeah you can only grow perfect fruit that's native to your town. A foreign one will just grow into a regular tree. I don't find it so much a waste as a hilarious trial and error.

It's pretty much just for selling since they're worth six times as much at Re-Tail (so make sure to bring bundles of perfects with you in case you're visiting someone else's town >8D ).  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:03 pm
Well I have 10 perfect peach trees and more on the way if anyone wants them  

Sweet Kawaii Snow Bunny

Interesting Raider

7,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

caliemily

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:34 pm
That's ridiculous and stressful if they continue to die out after several harvests... eek  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:32 pm
Well I'm glad I've never tried planting a non native perfect fruit 'cause I would have been super upset had it not grown into a perfect fruit tree.  

Tannis Senpai

Gawker

9,975 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Marathon 300

cyansugar

Sparkly Pal

10,350 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:35 am
My sister has a game aswell, so I usually take her 3ds and game to go to her town to sell my perfect fruit, since her native fruit is peaches, and mine is cherries so it's 5 times as valuable! 4laugh  
Animal Crossing New Leaf (Events, Contest, and More!?)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games