Submit

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:23 pm
What he saw made him even more stunned than with the previous gift. Yuri stared at the different cards made out of construction paper. Eventually lifting and sifting through some of them. He was silent for a long time, merely looking at them. He then closed his eyes for a moment before opening them again with a bright smile across his face.

Flynn leaned in to take a look as well, smiling just as much as Yuri was and putting a hand on his friend's shoulder.

The swordsman's eyes glittered happily as he read the little cards. Or well... the ones that were readable anyway.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:40 pm
In his quietness, Dove stayed respectfully silent, watching him closely for his reaction, and beamed softly as he smiled, her heart swelling with warmth.

He looked so...happy.

She stayed quiet a few moments longer, still watching as he looked through the cards, letting him have time to sift through them all if he wanted before she spoke, this time much more softly. "They really love you, Yuri."  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:56 pm
When Dove finally spoke, Yuri lifted his eyes to look at her.

"Yeah... I feel the same way about them. I don't have my own family so... I guess they're the closest thing."

"Kind of like the people in the Lower Quarter?" Flynn added.

"Yeah."  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:44 pm
She smiled back to him, her expression soft as he admitted the same. "They're really great..." she offered in reply, tucking her hair back again. The kids really were, as were the adults that had been around the days she volunteered. "They're... a lot of fun, and... really kind people."

Mention of his lack of family and the lower quarter drew her attention, but instead of asking about it, she fell quiet again, still letting Yuri bask in the shower of affection from his 'family' undisturbed. He deserved it, and it was heartwarming to watch as he flipped through the cards, and she immediately determined to look for more opportunities like this.  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:08 pm
"Yeah, they are," Yuri agreed as he finished looking at the cards and carefully placed them back in the box.

After a pause of several moments, he then spoke once more. "I don't really know what to say," he admitted.

This was beyond anything he would have expected for his birthday.

"Hold on," Flynn said, stopping the conversation before it got any further. He then pulled out a small box from his pocket and presented it to Yuri.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:40 pm
She smiled gently at his unworded appreciation, about to tell him there was no need for it, until Flynn paused the conversation and offered his own gift. Curious, she stayed still and quiet as well, watching.  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:06 am
Yuri stared at the box for a moment before taking it from Flynn. He then opened the little box, his eyes widening.

"The captain's ring?" he asked, to which Flynn gave a wordless nod.

Yuri then pushed the box back at him. "No way, I can't accept this."

Flynn then pushed it back at him. "Don't be so stubborn. I want you to have it Yuri. Besides, it will look better on you."

An annoyed look flashed across Yuri's face. "The captain was a big guy, it'll just fall off my finger."

"That's why I had it resized," Flynn said with a grin.

With an exaggerated sigh, Yuri pulled a thick masculine looking gold ring from the box. Set in it were three rubies, one of them diamond shaped and the other two smaller and round.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:34 am
Dove watched the exchange wordlessly, her eyes widening a bit as well as the ring was pulled from the box. Yuri's reaction to it made her even more curious, as she assumed it was something he and Flynn shared a tight bond over. The term captain made her brows furrow. Yuri had once been part of the military... Surely that's who this captain was.  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:04 am
Yuri looked at the ring for a moment. He wasn't much for jewelry, neither liking or hating it, as he had worn something around his neck on occasion. But this would certainly be an exception. This ring had sentimental value to it.

Thus he experimentally put it on the middle finger of his left hand.

"Not bad," Flynn remarked. It did indeed look better on Yuri than it did him.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:07 am
She smiled a little wider, watching him slide it onto his finger before finally chipping in. "It does look good." she agreed, nodding.  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers