Submit

Tanker 2005

Perfect Conversationalist

13,250 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Firestarter 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:31 am
I love this game and bought it a few years ago and created four characters. I have one that has all the fish caught, all but two fish on another one, and the other ones have about 15 or so fish left. I am also close to catching all the bugs on two of the characters and a decent start on the other two.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:08 pm
That's pretty cool, I've seen the commercials myself but never purchased the game.  

fairy-phoenix

Kawaii Shoujo

Tanker 2005

13,250 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Firestarter 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:32 pm
fairy-phoenix
That's pretty cool, I've seen the commercials myself but never purchased the game.

Yeah, this is the first one they came out with. I am in love with this one!  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:24 am
I love the Gamecube version! I actually like the way the screen shifts, as it makes it easier to get a perfect town rating. The cliffs are nice, though challenging at times. I love the random balls, events, and the way you can directly as one of the animals for a job. it's the one that I've come closest to 'completing', as I had the golden net and pole, plus a completed museum and all four houses completely upgraded.

Really, the main reasons I play the DS one more is portability, accessories, and the ability to change your hat/hair.  

Ysavvryl

Peaceful Lunatic

Tanker 2005

13,250 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Firestarter 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:06 am
Ysavvryl
I love the Gamecube version! I actually like the way the screen shifts, as it makes it easier to get a perfect town rating. The cliffs are nice, though challenging at times. I love the random balls, events, and the way you can directly as one of the animals for a job. it's the one that I've come closest to 'completing', as I had the golden net and pole, plus a completed museum and all four houses completely upgraded.

Really, the main reasons I play the DS one more is portability, accessories, and the ability to change your hat/hair.

That is awesome!  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:33 am
The AC series could be a lot better now if they went back and looked at the original. That game was gold. It had less stuff than the games nowadays and yet it still surpasses them, though maybe I have my nostalgia goggles glued onto my eyes or something.

Seriously though, the original had so many more event dates compared to the ones now. So much to do. The newer games can go months without anything happening (with the exception of bug/fishing contests) and that just makes it boring as hell.

I totally agree, Wild World was the last one I relatively enjoyed before the Wii/3DS versions came along. I logged so many hours into the originals but the wii I think i spent around 50 hours compared to my hundreds of hours in earlier versions. Sure there is more stuff to access, but its essentially given to you, hell my god even Red is now a constant thing and not just a weekly visit. It gives you barely anything to look forward to anymore.  

iEatSeaSaltIceCream

Omnipresent Fatcat

9,350 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Dark legion movement (Nintendo)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items