THE LAST OF US ENDING (spoilers)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TheOnlyAdventChild
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:21 am
If anyone has gotten a chance to play this Ps3 exclusive, I wanted to know your thoughts on the ending? How did it make you feel? Was it good? bad? Let me know what ya'll think.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:26 am
You know, this is something that I'm surprised isn't talked about more. You hear 'The Last of Us this' or 'The last of us that' but in any of those, rarely do you hear any talk about the ending.

Not going to lie, when I first got to the end, I was a little disappointed, left unsatisfied with it. But during my second play-through, I kept thinking about it more and more and it suddenly made sense, and it dawned on me just how good it was. What they did so well was the fact that even though it ended on just 'Okay', its not just the word you gotta pay attention to, its her expression. There's a reason they used that camera angle y'know? You can just see what she's really thinking. 'I know your lying to me Joel... but thank you for protecting me'.

Now just started my 3rd playthrough and can't get enough.  

English_Biscuit
Crew

Shadowy Rogue

7,300 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

TheOnlyAdventChild
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:14 pm
Yeah I agree with every thing you've said. What I love the most about the ending is how grey it is. Instead of living happily ever after or both of them dying they are just kind of stuck, having to deal with every thing they've done. Even though I'm sure ellie is immune it's probably still really scary for her to think about the possibilities of her infection spreading in two years instead of two days or better yet how will she react to finding out that joel blew marlene's brains out. I love all the tension that lingers even though the main conflict is pretty much "resolved.' I'm also on my 3rd playthrough and I know it won't be my last!  
Dark legion network (PS3)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games