Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
PGSM - Act 42 realisation

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Penanna

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 5:39 pm
WARNING, SPOILERS: If you haven't seen PGSM/haven't seen beyond Act 41, don't read this, unless you're not fussed about spoilers!

It's just something I realised while re-watching Act 42 about Princess Serenity~
So in Act 42, we see Mercury, Luna and Sailor Moon in a face-off with that rather nasty youma. Sailor Moon once again becomes Princess Serenity and is about to attack the youma with her pentagram-attack. But Usagi yells "No!" in her head, and the attack backfires...

Usagi: "Why won't you understand? If I use that power the planet gets damaged!"
Princess: "Where is Endymion?"
Usagi: "Mamoru wants that power to be stopped!"
Princess: "Where is Endymion?"
Usagi: "Why are you so...?"
Princess: "For me, there is nothing but Endymion. Not as a Princess... The only one who saw me as I really was... was Endymion. There is no need for a planet if Endymion is not there. "
Usagi: "You must have been lonely... But you can't destroy the planet... because there are many important people here."
Princess: "Despite that... someday... surely... you will also do the same for Endymion's sake..."

This single conversation made me realise, that Serenity isn't the innocent, idealistic, happy and carefree person that many people percieve her to be. Her voice always sounds sad when she speaks, as thought she's lamenting something... The line "The only one who saw me as I really was... was Endymion." Makes me think that she possibly resented the fact that she was a Princess because it made people percieve her differently and she could never connect with them on the level she wanted, perhaps even with her Senshi. They were after all assigned as her guardians, she never chose them. The fact that she doesn't want a planet to exist if Endymion isn't on it is further proof - she believes that no-one else will be able to connect with her on the level that Endymion has, so there's no point in even looking... Somehow, now, I feel rather bad for Serenity. She irritated me in the past because she was this vision of perfection, loveliness, someone who never said a bad word. But the PGSM Serenity has just shed new light on my perception of her whole character...

Thoughts, feelings? I'd love to hear what other people think about this ^_^  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:09 am
Yeah I thought that too.

Still- Anime and Manga Princess Serenity and her Mother irrated me still

D:~ *am for the evil.*

The PGSM is much darker of the three because Serenity isn't all 'aww...poor bunny' *pet pet*

she's more like '.....Die.'

>> hence I like her more...  

Luamervara
Crew

Demonic Immortal

27,550 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Are You Jelly? 500

Twinkleh

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 1:37 pm
Luamervara
Yeah I thought that too.

Still- Anime and Manga Princess Serenity and her Mother irrated me still

D:~ *am for the evil.*

The PGSM is much darker of the three because Serenity isn't all 'aww...poor bunny' *pet pet*

she's more like '.....Die.'

>> hence I like her more...

xd PGSM Serenity scared me.She was like the knight instead of Mamoru. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 4:56 pm
I stopped reasing the mangas and other stuff besides the anime because I got confused....... sweatdrop  

.~Mythical_Anime_Lady~.

starbloom

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:45 pm
i'm confused can you repeat that again i still don't get what you're saying still i read it like one thousand time and still don't get it.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:53 pm
starbloom
i'm confused can you repeat that again i still don't get what you're saying still i read it like one thousand time and still don't get it.

PGSM- Pretty Guardian Sailormoon- aka- Sailormoon Live.

If you haven't seen it, find my thread it has the playlist for it on Youtube and will carry you all the way from Act0- Hina Afterwards (this includes the special Act.)

I recommend it.  

Luamervara
Crew

Demonic Immortal

27,550 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Are You Jelly? 500
Home

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash