Submit

Bearanormal

Otherworldly Bear

17,150 Points
  • First Fall 15
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:59 pm
Has anyone here ever played an RPG Maker game? They're really fun games, and of the ones I've played I think they're all Horror. (but then again, I'm not sure about all of them...) Have you ever heard of them? Or maybe there's just another RPG-style game you like?  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:10 pm
Oo, I should probably list a few...
Well, there's Ib, which is very plot-based, although it's still fun, and Mad Father, which is somewhat plot based, and still fun.
Misao was the first one I played, and to be honest, I didn't think it was that good compared to the others. Still kinda fun though.
The Witch's House is REALLY scary! Well, I guess some of you might disagree, but it freaked me out. It has 3 endings, and the two I've gotten are VERY intense!
The Crooked Man was really fun, although with so many ways to die, you have to be careful. It's kind of a strange concept for the game (I'll let you play to decide what it is lol ) but it's still pretty fun. Just a note: The bad guy scares me...
Hmm... Well, I've never actually played Yume Nikki, but I watched my sister play it. I don't think it was very plot-based, but it was still really fun! Even after you beat it, she still had a ton of fun going through and doing stuff.  

Bearanormal

Otherworldly Bear

17,150 Points
  • First Fall 15
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Trash Can Supporter 50

Bearanormal

Otherworldly Bear

17,150 Points
  • First Fall 15
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:18 pm
Oooh, I forgot to say which ones I recommend most!

Well, I personally am getting REALLY into the Crooked Man, so I do recommend that...
Ib was a VERY fun game, so that's probably the one I recommend most. Although, I do have to say, if anyone finds a place to download the version with 2 extra endings, I'd be much appreciative.
Mad Father is up there, but it can take a while to get through... and then there are some places where if you save, you have to start over after getting a certain ending. It's a bit annoying, but you get past it.
Misao... hmm... Well, I didn't think it was a very good game personally, simply because the plot was a little bit weird and it was too short, but you might want to try it. 2 stars here.
I DEFINITELY RECOMMEND THE WITCH'S HOUSE. It was the perfect combination of mystery, horror, plot, and most other things important for a game!
As I said, I've never actually played Yume Nikki, so I can't really recommend it, but I think it might be a fun game to try out!

Oh, and there was one more... Paranoiac I think it was called. I haven't finished it yet, but from what I can tell, it's a bit hard... Seems okay at the moment though.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:50 pm
I do not download games because that can be dangerous for the computer. You could get a virus because of that or scammed.  

empress dee
Captain

Skilled Guildswoman

Bearanormal

Otherworldly Bear

17,150 Points
  • First Fall 15
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:10 pm
Oh, I understand that.
I always do a virus scan directly after downloading the games, and if it says I've got something then I get rid of it IMMEDIATELY!
Although, none so far.
But, if any of the games sounded interesting to you, definitely go with VGPerson's website and nowhere else, just in case.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:03 pm
Please edit this thread, Teddy so that it doesn't suggest doing something that can harm someone else's computer.

Listing the RPG games is fine and asking if anyone else has played them besides you.  

empress dee
Captain

Skilled Guildswoman

18. Video Gaming HQ - Video game discussions

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas