Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gold Diggers and Pollwhores Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild where you can do polls, polls, and more polls. Whist making friends and competing in numerous free competitions 

Tags: polls, gold, anime, active, friends 

Reply Gold Diggers and Pollwhores
Guilds update "shelved again" because "not profitable"

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Money for guild update.
  great idea
  that sucks, this should have been done years ago
  If its what must happen, its what must happen
View Results

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:00 pm
From Narumi (one of the lead devs)

"Guilds
At the beginning of the year I had hoped to start production on it in Q3, which is around now, unfortunately because of the amount of time production would take (about 3 months) and because it needs to make back it's cost. I can't justify the project. Here is where I could use the communities help. If you have ideas on cool features that guilds could have that you would be willing to pay some gcash to use please post about them in SF, or send me a PM or reply to this journal. Remember these would need to be sustainable ideas so something like a kick-starter would not be an option. Otherwise, feel free to pass your ideas along!"

So basically, he has opened up more about the model that the current CEO is enforcing. We already knew guilds wouldnt make them any money, but they have been promising to bring guilds inline with the site for years. And this year specifially they were going to focus on it. But it seems the call from the top is, unless guilds pays for its own update (which isnt even a update its just a "catch up") then its not going to happen.

I for one am disapointed since its been promised to us so many times this year that it will happen.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:13 pm
-flips all the tables-

This blows chunks. Big stinky chunks.  

DarkMoonSlayer
Crew

Feral Fatcat

AngelAmy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:19 pm
I really wish I would get guilds on the gaia app on my profile. SWEET MERCYFUL JESUS. sad  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:49 pm
Disappointed, yet not surprised.  

Citrus Novii

Anxious Fairy

10,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100

xxXSleepy_NinjaXxx

Mega Nerd

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:12 am
That's a bummer. emotion_donotwant
Why can't they just update things without having us pay? I feel like we're being cheated.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:48 am
Its not really a surprise, but it has been promised for years. And its not a update as much as it is just bringing the site inline with itself.  

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Gold Diggers and Pollwhores

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers