Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Emo Guild

Back to Guilds

What do you think genius? Its a guild for emo's. 

Reply Life Issues
Cutters Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

what would you blame cutting on
  media
  other
View Results

Dark Moonlight Infinity

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 2:01 am
Cutting is definitely a very personal and even very touchy subject for many people. For a while I refused to even talk about why I did it. If people asked if I did it I would lie. AFter I went to a clinic for a little while I figured something out. Even though I fgured out what I did I still cut or burnt myself. I became obsessed with it. Then after a while I calmed down. I definitely don't cut like I used to and my body is proof, but I admit that I still do cut ocasionally.

The reason why i think people cut is because they can control it. When you cut you can control how much it hurts. You can control how much it bleeds. Not one person can really control their life. You can't keep people from hurting or betraying you. You can't keep parents from not loving you. You can't keep the world form disappointing you. But cutting you can control. I know I did it because to me it was and is almost the only thing in my life I have absolute control over. I can't control getting stressed or wanting to disappear when the pain from my life becomes to much. And I think that's why ost people cut. Cutting gives them a release form life. A sense of control over the uncontrolable.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:02 pm
Hey i think it everything that happens to people and the media.  

TrustusVampires

Zombie Quaker

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:26 pm

Yeah, I agree that the media did have a lot to do with it, and the 'trends' and whatever, but another big part of it is their lives and the stress, a lot of these kids genuinly cannot handle things like they should. Granted, they should not handle it by cutting, because it is just dangerous and kinda dumb. And doing it for the attention is even more dumb. Last year I did try cutting because of some really personal issues, and i regret that more than anything. I ended up addicted to the 'natural painkillers' that your body puts out called endorphins, and that ended up being the soul reason why I continued.

domokun

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:28 am
I think they do it is because they don't know how to take they're anger out neutral  

fullmeatgirl

Jerven

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:27 pm
Yami to Hikari
Cutting is definitely a very personal and even very touchy subject for many people. For a while I refused to even talk about why I did it. If people asked if I did it I would lie. AFter I went to a clinic for a little while I figured something out. Even though I fgured out what I did I still cut or burnt myself. I became obsessed with it. Then after a while I calmed down. I definitely don't cut like I used to and my body is proof, but I admit that I still do cut ocasionally.

The reason why i think people cut is because they can control it. When you cut you can control how much it hurts. You can control how much it bleeds. Not one person can really control their life. You can't keep people from hurting or betraying you. You can't keep parents from not loving you. You can't keep the world form disappointing you. But cutting you can control. I know I did it because to me it was and is almost the only thing in my life I have absolute control over. I can't control getting stressed or wanting to disappear when the pain from my life becomes to much. And I think that's why ost people cut. Cutting gives them a release form life. A sense of control over the uncontrolable.

Absolutely. A lot of people do it to keep in control, even though most of them don't know that's why. Until I fed my brain @ Wikipedia, I didn't know why I did it myself, but I realized that it was to feel in control. Like everybody else's already said, it's also because of stress; a lot of people who aren't (concious) self-harmers bite their lips, their fingers, clench hands until it hurts, etc. when they feel stressed. I've aquired a nasty habit of rubbing my hands together until I get wounds that are like burns, and it's what I do when I feel stressed. That, or I bite my fingers a lot.

I never really understood the poser-emo thing, but that's probably because the term 'emo' isn't exactly common where I live. I mean, if someone caught be and saw my scars, they'd probably say I was emo, because I dress in the so-called emo way, though that's mostly because it's a fashion I find attractive.

One really (horrid) way to quit cutting (temporarily?) is to sit far away from the razor/whatever floats your boat, run to it, pick it up and cut yourself way too quickly, so that you haven't got any control over what it is you're doing. Believe me - it'll freak you so much out that you'll stop for a while sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:01 am
i cut cuz my frend told me its c00l, now im teh coolest person on teh blok!  

King Emo

iGalore

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:42 pm
think ppl cuting is life skool!!! i mean most emo get made fun of bad!!  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:44 pm
i mean i cutt or use to because of the a*****e in my skool!!! + my home life i fit into the streotypical emo!! it sucks  

iGalore

iGalore

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:45 pm
what do u all think  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 6:26 pm
I cut when i was 10.
im now 14.
So it wasnt really popular then.
But now i dont.
I really dont see a point in it anymore.

But it mite have something to do with me being insane.

You know...hearing peopel screaming in your head..
seeing people when no one else sees them.
basic things  

bury_me

Makyou_Hyoushou

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:50 pm
Where I come from it's allways ppl who think their ugly, fat and those stuff. And in most cases their alone.......PPL that have very few friends and have problems at home  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:56 pm
i_heart_mychemicalroman
i think it is the knuckle heads that say that all emo's are cutters, then some stupid person goes and thinks that to be cool/emo, they need to be cutters and have scars. i think a great amount of cutters come because of this reason.
definately agree.most people think emo means they cut(which im not saying some of us do) but because they say that some of us feel we have to so we can become a "real"emo but that only makes you a more fake emo.  

bleeding unicorn

Life Issues

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces