Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gold Diggers and Pollwhores Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild where you can do polls, polls, and more polls. Whist making friends and competing in numerous free competitions 

Tags: polls, gold, anime, active, friends 

Reply Gold Diggers and Pollwhores
"Haunted Houses" Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Not a real haunted house though
  That s**t would be creepy as Hell
  Not to mention highly unsafe
  And probably unsanitary
View Results

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:28 pm
BlueCowGirl
BlueCowGirl
hunted corn maze... i think i gave a lil kid nightmares... I helped work in one in collage... i was a scarecrow at the end of the maze... alil kid is like mom its real... dad its real and i just stayed still not moving and it's poking me... the parents are like it's not real come on were almost at the end... they were walking and the lil boy turned back and i waved to him and he freaked out and i went back to normal, noone else in his family saw it... he was like 4 years old... IT WAS AMAZING!!!!!
lol
I went to a real haunted house my ex took me too... someone walked thought and and all the sudden my ex's cousin was like, why do i have a
needle in my hand? the kid didn't touch anything...
my ex's apt was haunted also... something grabbed my foot and i fell down some steps

GoldDiggingWhore
Haha, that's awesome. I wonder if your parents really didn't see anything, or if they were just playing along to make you more scared and paranoid. I think there's a corn maze place we might be going to this year, but we'll see.

dear... I was the scare crow
i was the one that scared the kids... my parents never did that crap with me

Oh s**t, apparently I can't read today. Point still stands. I would want to be the parent who tries to creep their kids out by faking ignorance. Because I'm a horrible person.

Actually, I've REALLY wanted to sit out on the porch in a similar getup to freak out kids on Halloween...does that make me a bad person?  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:30 pm
GoldDiggingWhore
BlueCowGirl
BlueCowGirl
hunted corn maze... i think i gave a lil kid nightmares... I helped work in one in collage... i was a scarecrow at the end of the maze... alil kid is like mom its real... dad its real and i just stayed still not moving and it's poking me... the parents are like it's not real come on were almost at the end... they were walking and the lil boy turned back and i waved to him and he freaked out and i went back to normal, noone else in his family saw it... he was like 4 years old... IT WAS AMAZING!!!!!
lol
I went to a real haunted house my ex took me too... someone walked thought and and all the sudden my ex's cousin was like, why do i have a
needle in my hand? the kid didn't touch anything...
my ex's apt was haunted also... something grabbed my foot and i fell down some steps

GoldDiggingWhore
Haha, that's awesome. I wonder if your parents really didn't see anything, or if they were just playing along to make you more scared and paranoid. I think there's a corn maze place we might be going to this year, but we'll see.

dear... I was the scare crow
i was the one that scared the kids... my parents never did that crap with me

Oh s**t, apparently I can't read today. Point still stands. I would want to be the parent who tries to creep their kids out by faking ignorance. Because I'm a horrible person.

Actually, I've REALLY wanted to sit out on the porch in a similar getup to freak out kids on Halloween...does that make me a bad person?

no u'r wonderful!!!!  

BlueCowGirl
Vice Captain

Questionable Millionaire

6,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

gdapw
Crew

Friendly Friend

13,925 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:02 pm
GoldDiggingWhore

I was thinking about you when they did the zipline stuff. First one I ever went on, so I didn't know how it would go. They made us sign a disclaimer thing before we went on, but I assumed that if anyone got hurt, they probably wouldn't keep the thing running. I was surprised at how quickly the thing came to a stop at the end though.

Nice funny thing is, even though Ive sent that many people down this zipline, I have only been down it like 1.25 times myself.

I guess they are trying to cover themselves, but the truth is if they mess up, they are still fully liable, those waivers are more to make people think the cant sue, so that they dont.

But yeah if done right they are rediculously safe, but if I was on it, I would be doing all my checks, and making sure they were too.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:42 pm
gdapw
GoldDiggingWhore

I was thinking about you when they did the zipline stuff. First one I ever went on, so I didn't know how it would go. They made us sign a disclaimer thing before we went on, but I assumed that if anyone got hurt, they probably wouldn't keep the thing running. I was surprised at how quickly the thing came to a stop at the end though.

Nice funny thing is, even though Ive sent that many people down this zipline, I have only been down it like 1.25 times myself.

I guess they are trying to cover themselves, but the truth is if they mess up, they are still fully liable, those waivers are more to make people think the cant sue, so that they dont.

But yeah if done right they are rediculously safe, but if I was on it, I would be doing all my checks, and making sure they were too.

How...do you go down only a quarter of a time? o.O

Hah, yeah, we were talking about that whole suing thing last night. Danielle's sister is taking business classes and apparently knows some law stuff related to it. Good to know in the event I ever hurt myself somewhere.

I wish I'd know what to look for when they were strapping me up. I just assumed that since I saw a bunch of people go before me and not die, they must have been trained how to do it right.  

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

gdapw
Crew

Friendly Friend

13,925 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:31 pm
GoldDiggingWhore

How...do you go down only a quarter of a time? o.O

Hah, yeah, we were talking about that whole suing thing last night. Danielle's sister is taking business classes and apparently knows some law stuff related to it. Good to know in the event I ever hurt myself somewhere.

I wish I'd know what to look for when they were strapping me up. I just assumed that since I saw a bunch of people go before me and not die, they must have been trained how to do it right.

Practicing cutaway rescues. So you have your "victum" attached to a rope so they go a quarter of the way down the zipline then "get stuck" you attach yourself to a pully system, and then lower yourself out in a controlled way. Set up a top rope off the wire/pully, and attach the person to yourself, cutaway thier rope, and belay yourself and them down to the ground.

Pretty much the most complicated rescue you can do on a ropes course...someone stuck on the zipline.

Yeah, in america you can sue over anything pretty much regardless of what you sign...

It depends on the system, but I would expect at least two different ropes to be attached to you, on opposing carabiners, locked down.

Did you have chest harnesses?  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:31 pm
I LOVE haunted houses.
emotion_kirakira

I haven't been to one in a long time though.
I'm like, a super jumpy person though, so I usually get like FREAKED. gonk  

Citrus Novii

Anxious Fairy

10,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:29 pm
gdapw
Practicing cutaway rescues. So you have your "victum" attached to a rope so they go a quarter of the way down the zipline then "get stuck" you attach yourself to a pully system, and then lower yourself out in a controlled way. Set up a top rope off the wire/pully, and attach the person to yourself, cutaway thier rope, and belay yourself and them down to the ground.

Pretty much the most complicated rescue you can do on a ropes course...someone stuck on the zipline.

Yeah, in america you can sue over anything pretty much regardless of what you sign...

It depends on the system, but I would expect at least two different ropes to be attached to you, on opposing carabiners, locked down.

Did you have chest harnesses?

Ah, that would make sense then. I know I'd much rather get stuck in the middle of a zipline than fall from one...

Lemme see if I can accurately describe the setup I had...basically I had to step into the harness and it tightened in like...I wanna say four places? And they hooked the lanyard thingie in front and back, though I can't remember if they locked down or what.

Citrus Novii
I LOVE haunted houses.
emotion_kirakira

I haven't been to one in a long time though.
I'm like, a super jumpy person though, so I usually get like FREAKED. gonk

You're adorbs. I need you and Sleepy to come to these with me so I can rescue you from all the chainsawmen.  
Gold Diggers and Pollwhores

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff