Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:02 pm
Ray watched without moving as the Ho-Oh moved to step on the eevee, who managed to bounce out of the way in time.
"Alright, there isn't any need for that. I'm ganna go ahead and put it out there that we've got a bigger issue to worry about than each other."
Tossing her hair a little to brush the hair out of the side of her face, freeing up both her eyes as she stared up at the Ho-Oh, mossy eyes doing a careful scan over its structure.
His muscle structure definitely told her that this pokemon was not trained, that made sense, considering that Yuri had probably obtained it from the sellers, if she understood his story correctly.

"A Hoho is, yes. though in this case you need to put a little different "Oh" on the last "Ho"" She explained to Yuri "Ho'Oh. Its a Legendary fire, flying type" She said, not taking her eyes off of the large bird. "Even if this one isn't a genuine articular, its still quite a magnificent presence."

Taking another step forward, putting her hand on her hips. "My name is Ray, These are my partners Breeze and DS." She called up to the Legendary "I'm a Pokemon expert from the town over, I've met others like you, more often, more recently too. I've been asked by one of your kin to look into a matter concerning your kind, I know you probably can't talk, but can you tell me if you know anything about your origins?"
A simple nod would do, She wasn't entirely sure this pokemon was going to start talking. Or was this one as unsure about its origins like the Jirachi was.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:29 pm
Aurora shot a bored look at the Serperior, wondering if, really, it was challenging her. Telling a legendary pokemon to show respect to another it didn't know who had clearly set her trainer into unease, especially when addressor was at a very real disadvantage to the addressee--brilliant. Her gaze turned to the Ho oh again, her eyes stern. It was impressive, that much was sure, but it was just another pokemon. When it made a move toward Astal, however, the Arcanine rose and stepped forward, lifting her head high to address it. she asked calmly, attempting to prove she meant no harm--but could very well change her mind should she want to.

Jace laughed in giddy awe in the legendary's presence and at Yuri's confusion, then went on to explain. "Ho OH! They're legends from Johto where I'm from! That's so cool that you have one! They're super powerful!"

He then looked around, watching for a few split seconds as Dove pushed herself back up to her feet before his eyes were inevitably drawn back to the giant bird-- then back. "Wait, you have a Mew, too?! Let it out, see if they're friends!"

The woman had already turned the ball to press the release, curious about the reaction herself, but remaining silent, hoping to keep the Ho-oh's piercing gaze away from herself and Lovey (though Lovey had immediately moved to Fluffster's side to reassure her daughter, even while slightly distressed herself). However, Ray appeared to be trying to speak with it for some reason, and while it baffled her, she refused to question it--asked by a relative? What?-- and instead tapped the release.

In moments, a tiny pink pokemon appeared, tumbling joyfully though the air as it came into view then halted, turning in a wide circle to greet its trainer. Upon realizing so many others were around it, however, it darted toward her, only to be gently scooped into her arms. "Trill, can you talk to this pokemon? It's okay... no one here will hurt you."

The mew stayed cradled in her arms for a moment, seemingly confused about the entire situation, but accepted it almost immediately after the words had fallen from the girl's lips and rose into the air once more, blinking widely at the large bird, before it gave a cheerful, childish trill.  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

TRHQ Yuri Lowell

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:39 am
"Oh... Got it," Yuri said to both Jace and Ray's explanation. The man smirking amusedly as Ray tried to speak to the giant bird, particularly the expert part. "Not one for modesty, huh?" Not that he doubted her, she was certainly an expert compared to him.

The Ho-Oh looked down upon them as if they were maggots. The bird stretching his powerful wings and breast muscles. It had been a while since he had been released from that cursed contraption.

The legend also silently scoffed at the human females flattery. The Ho-Oh deciding not to dignify the arrogant woman's question with a reply. He didn't know her and saw no reason to answer.

"< I will decide what there is need for, human,>" it hissed knowing full well she couldn't understand.

What did get its attention though was the appearance of a Mew. Though it seemed little more than a child. The Ho-Oh did not greet it but instead looked at it silently.

"Yo, Hen, you okay over there?" Yuri asked, having noticed her flabbergasted silence.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:41 am
The Serperior met the board look with a flick of his tongue, not looking the least bit unnerved by the Archanine, in fact, the Archanine seemed to be the passive kind, as she did not say anything back, and indeed stopped growling as he had pointed out.
It was probably best she didn't say what she thought out loud anyway, the fact that the Archanine thought that she was a legendary as well, when it was simply the species name the humans had given the breed, would have probably split Double Stripe side with his laughter.

Double Stripe, satisfied that he got the brute to stop and consider that maybe fighting and trying to be intimidating wasn't actually always the answer for everything.
It was, after all, her trainer who was making the big fuss about releasing a pokemon that might be ill tempered, one would think the pokemon she trained would try not to further inspire aggression.
Turning smoothly he slither over to Join Ray in front of the Ho'Oh

"Haa haa haa, I challenge you to be dedicated to something your entire life and not have expertise to show for it." Ray grinned with a wink to Yuri.
She didn't work her a** of every day for the last eighteen years training studying and learning everything she could about the pokemon that surrounded her and not come out knowing a good chunk of information.

When the bird didn't reply to her, Ray glanced over at Double Stripe, "Is he saying anything I need?"
Double Stripe flicked his tongue out, shaking his head lightly
Ray watched her own pokemon reply before she hummed lightly in consideration, shifting to walk up to Yuri and the others, It wasn't very often that Ray sounded very serious, or even looked very serious, but unlike the rest of them, this situation looked as if it was troubling the women.
"Ho'Oh is a Legendary symbol from Johto yes, but the legendary you're seeing now, including the Mew, are not the real Legendary, I'm sorry to tell you, They're genetically engineered by what we can probably assume is Team Rocket, for what is obviously profit, the use of a master ball is probably to increase its value, along with the designer markings."

Ray wrinkled her nose, crossing her arms over her chest "Hey Yuri, I'm sorry I can't be excited by this, but knowing what went in to making this pokemon, Back in Camphoreon I've been told first hand by a Legendary who could actually speak, and what I heard was terrible, and needs to be stopped."

Ray hitched up her bag and turned to Henrietta "This has accelerated the need to get back to Sagestone... Hen I need a rain check on our battle, next time I wanna see how much stronger your pokemon are."  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:55 am
Aurora stood silently before the legend, her eyes flicking to the snake before she burst into laughter, dropping all fierce authority she held in her address to the ho-oh. She had stopped growling to approach the legendary directly after her initial warning have been given and received, and the grass type was thanking her for not being aggressive?intimidation and authority came in more forms than simple brute strength, and the arcanine felt more than prepared. As for aggravation, if that is what the snake had meant, Aurora was only mildly annoyed as the Serperior continued to try to guide her. she grinned, winking. She looked again to the ho-oh, holding her own questions as he seemed more interested in her girl's little pink pokemon than he did the strings of questions currently being presented to it.

Trill didn't seem at all perturbed by the lack of response, only more curious as it bobbed in the air. Feeling Jace's eyes on it, however, it turned and zipped around the young boy, emitting little giggles of glee, then did the same to Henrietta before returning to the massive bird.

Jace beamed at the mew, laughing himself and half following it as it zoomed toward Henrietta, but stopped when it circled her to give it space. "This is so cool!!! They have legendaries, Hen, and we get to travel with them!!! We get to be friends with legendaries!!!!!" The trip was already awesome, given it's nature and the company, though his friend's lack of speech did draw a curious look to his face. "You okay?" Maybe she was just blown away by the awesome.

Dove, while amazed, wasn't nearly as excited as Jace and her team appeared. She fought at the coils of frustration and irritation and fear, agreeing fullheartedly in her hast with Yuri's tease at Ray and rolling her eyes in response behind the woman's back, then suddenly found herself narrowing her eyes as Trill turned to look at Ray at the mention of 'genetically engineered' pokemon, it's own little brow furrowed. "A legendary told you about it?" she found herself asking. A shake of her head. "Trill looks no different from a real mew, and is every bit as much a legendary as the original. I have no doubt in my mind that Rocket is behind the anomalies, but seriously? Why now?" She had no intent to claim that Trill could be the original, but she also refused to question it. Her irritation stemmed not from the claims of the woman, but from the arrogance she had displayed in approaching the ho-oh the way she had. And why correct the child's information in such a sharp way when he had so obviously been excited to tell Yuri about his home region legends with talks of Rocket? Her tone was condemning, and she would likely regret it later, but this was far too much. Ray had stepped into their camp, immediately insulted her--tease or not--and had demanded focus on something that needn't be addressed the way it had in an already tense environment.

Thierry, sensing his trainer's frustration, gave a soft huff and stepped next to her, silencing her before she could say more with a soft tap of his nose to her arm.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:17 pm
Yuri blinked once at Ray's reply to his tease. That's not exactly what he'd meant but oh well. He then listened to her explanation and Doves retort before speaking up himself.

"Not to doubt you here, oh wise one, but how can you tell they were made in a test tube? You said they were only recently proven to exist right? So I'm guessing nobody knows much about them. You talk like there's only one or something. Maybe theyre just starting to show up. Weirder things have happened, right?" Of course he could be wrong, and that was fine, but it was best to look at things from every angle.

He then folded his arms, the Ho-Oh also looking on silently, unamused.

"Hey, do I look excited here? I just had a giant grumpy bird land in my lap. But hey, don't worry about it, looks like you're a woman with a mission."  

TRHQ Yuri Lowell

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:14 pm
It took a moment for Double Stripe to realize that he was being spoken to again, having been more intent on seeing if Ray needed

the Snake muttered mostly to himself, shifting emerald eyes onto the pokemon. Double Stripe pointed out with a makeshift shrug.

Ray glanced over to Dove. the first time to women spoke directly to the women
"I'm sorry to tell you this, but chances are, they did not sell you a real legendary, I mean, the very idea that someone could even catch one is just... Its just boggling, no trainer has done it before, mostly out of respect but the fact that Legendary are beyond powerful."
ray explained as she accentuated her point by waiting her arms dramatically, "If you've been keeping up with the League reports, they'll tell you that the Legendary they're found being sold on the black market, are showing signs of being lesser legendary. They've got more information I'm sure then I know, but its easy enough to see the pattern here." Ray put her hands on her hips, with a regretful sigh "I'm afraid whoever sold it to you, lied to you. but if you're not so sure, you can bring it into any pokemon center and get it tested to see if what you have is real or not."

Looking over at Yuri when he asked her how she knew, she widened her eyes and leaned forward to answer. "If you've ever heard of a Jirachi? well, apparently they can talk." Ray seemed still surprised about this. "I met one in Camphoreon, it said it was staying with the League who was going to try and help her, she shared her experience with me and the League, aaaand I just so happen to have a lead that might help get some answers, so I'm looking into it." She explained how she knew for sure. The suspicions that the League had on the Legendary had been confirmed becasue of this pokemon "Now I don't know if its test tubes for sure, I did say genetic engineering, who knows if they get a carrier of grow up from tubes. you'll have to ask a Rocket that."

"its not so much that its all happening right now, apparently this has been going on for a while, we're just catching on now. And as for the why part? -Money. Money to make more, money to make bombs for blow up vans, money to make weapons or to do more experiments on pokemon, Heck money to build a new base, seeing as their old one was destroyed. Even Rocket needs some kind of income."

It was clear to Ray that while Dove wasn't saying anything to her, that dove was not happy in the slightest, the women wore her emotions on her sleeve, Ray was sure that the brunette was misinterpreting what Ray was saying and now she was saying it, but at the same time, Ray didn't have the time to sort it out.
As Ray never sharply spoke to anyone this entire time, having kept a fairly normal if not fun tone.
She had spent more time in Johto learning about its pokemon and its legends than Jace. Actively traveling the region than an eleven year old boy ever has. Yes, she knows more than a boy who knows story book tales.
Anyone who forgot or ignored the existence of Rocket for even a second was a fool, especially people traveling in the wild, where Rockets had openly and viciously attacked people and taken their pokemon. Anyone could try and ignore it or not talk about it all they wanted, but the rest of the world, had actual legitimate problems they needed to address or it was going to get worse.
Being a child, did not exempt you from the danger.

At Yuri's topic Ray shook her head, a wide grin returning to her lips as she stepped over to the long haired man and thumped his back "No way Yuri! why wouldn't you be? I mean genetically engineered or not, this is an amazing pokemon, and you've got a great opportunity to learn from something few people get to. Sure man! be excited about it! But I'm glad you understand. when this is over I would like to meet him again, its a fantastic pokemon."  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:24 am
Hen nodded silently, apparently overwhelmed, as Jace had thought, in response to Yuri's question of her well being.
She was... physically fine, but shocked.
A Mew. That was amazing enough, but it was a pokémon best known from one region over; Kanto had led the way in Mew research, legal and illegal... Any Mew, original or offspring or clone or whichever... That was amazing enough to her... But then there was what Yuri had been carrying.
What stood before them.
Henrietta was young, but Ho-oh was a part of Johto's culture; the symbol of so many things and the subjects of everything from movies, to children's bed time stories- stories her grandmother had told her, even.
This wasn't the real Ho-oh... The one she had been raised knowing of, slightly fascinated by the idea of seeing... But it /was/ overwhelming.
Legendary pokémon were legendary- they were stories. Some people didn't even know if they were real or not. She'd never doubted they were, but she'd never seen one, never thought she would.
Clone, genetically wotsit-ed or whatever... Having a Ho-oh, of any kind, in front of her meant... meant that the real one -had- to, absolutely, be real.
Part of her was glad that Yuri's Ho-oh was a clone for the very reason that, had it been the real one, it would mean that the legend was no longer acting its part as it should, at home, in Johto.
"Legendaries..." She repeated Jace's excited statement, eyes still wide, then looked at him and nodded, slowly; she was excited, and yet, clearly, she was a little scared; being friends with legendaries was incredibly thrilling, but somewhere in her mind, she'd grasped the significance of the specific legendary being cloned.
Two, even; Dove had a -Mew- and Yuri had a -Ho-oh-... She was delighted and terrified by the idea at the same time.
She simply managed to nod, dumbly, as Ray took a raincheck on their battle.  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:36 am
Aurora let the amused smirk stay in her expression, realizing there was no point in arguing with this grass type. The logic, of course, made sense, though how the snake knew it was beyond her. The man could have stolent it from another trainer, after all. Instead of commenting further on the matter, Aurora sighed dramatically and tipped her head away from the striped serperior, and peaked from the corner of her eyes. she asked teasingly.

Jace; though Henrietta had given him a reaction, still seemed perplexed, even worried. Was he missing something...? He turned to look at the Ho-oh again, his eyes wide, then turned on Ray. "You met a Jirachi too?!"

Dove was more than done with the conversation and only gave Ray a flat look, biting her tongue, thinking it best not to pursue further complication by voicing her thoughts and doubts. The other woman clearly was not on the same page she was, and her own temper had already flared. She would keep her opinions to herself and let Ray think she had nothing to say. Calmly turning her back on the group, she made her way back to the fire to clean up the forgotten, half cooked dinner, and to start over.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:13 pm
"A talking Pokemon?" Yuri asked skeptically. That was pretty hard to believe since he'd never seen or heard of such a thing. Repede and him had their own way of understanding each other but speaking words? He had no reason to doubt Ray though.

At the thump on the back Yuri looked a bit flustered. "Well yeah a pokemons a Pokemon, but I can't stop thinking about how much this thing is going to eat."

Look at it! It's massive!

The Ho-oh huffed in indignance at that statement. "< if it's such a problem I will merely pick you humans off one by one.>"  

TRHQ Yuri Lowell

Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces