Welcome to Gaia! ::

A Crafter's Guild

Back to Guilds

A place to showcase your creations, get inspiration, ask and/or answer questions, and just have fun! 

Tags: Crafting, Beading, Drawing, Jewelry, Photography 

Reply Welcome to A Crafter's Guild
Help me decide what to keep. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Emm-Kaye
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:57 am
Emm-Kaye
I've used up 1 of the 4 skeins I had for the jacket I'm knitting...never having used needles this big (size 15) requires adjusting the pattern as I go.
I think I'll only do about 10 more rows before I start the sleeves.

I've changed my mind about what I want the jacket to look like.
Luckily, I don't have to tear out any to change it up.

One of the gals at work wore a lace jacket that I fell in love with!
I want to attempt to make this look similar.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:53 pm
I've reached the point where I have to decide if I want to knit the sleeves as part of it, or add them on later.
Honestly, I think I'll add them later, since I don't know if the knitting needles could hold enough stitches.
So, now to divide for the armholes, and start knitting with 3 skeins at once (one for the left front, one for the back, and one for the right front)...
Going to be FUN!
It will be pretty interesting keeping them from getting all tangled, but should still be fun. I've done this same thing before, but it's been quite a while.  

Emm-Kaye
Captain

Emm-Kaye
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:36 am
So, the last thing I need is MORE beads, but I'm going to a bead show today, and am planning to go crazy there!!!!
I have some specific wants (which hopefully will be there), and I always find lots of fun stuff.

I saw a beautiful 'bib-style' or 'waterfall' gemstone & gold necklace online (at well over $150).
I want to see if I can do something similar with beads - I'll need 52 larger beads and a substantial amount of seed beads for the 'chain' - I can picture it in my head, and think it will turn out gorgeous!
I could even do graduated sizing for the larger beads.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:49 am
Found copper & bronze beads that are gorgeous!
Already made some earrings & the first try at the necklace turned out so pretty, I'm keeping it plain, and doing another 'bib' style.

Started that, and on the 2nd row of big beads (4th actual row), I already discovered a problem, so I'll have to tear it out & start over.
It doesn't lay right against the neck, so I just need to pull 15 beads out of the first row (the ones I added in because I thought it would look nicer with them in).

The fun part is I'm making it up as I go, so I'm not worried about following a pattern.  

Emm-Kaye
Captain

Emm-Kaye
Captain

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 4:51 am
Wore the first necklace to work - got LOTS of compliments!

Then, at lunch, I felt something funny in my cleavage, and realized the clasp had come off & beads were rolling down into my bra!
I got really lucky, and only actually lost about 3-4 beads, but had to recover 6 beads out of my bra in the bathroom (didn't feel comfortable 'feeling myself up' at the table in the restaurant!!!)
The way I'd put the necklace together, the jump ring at the end wasn't QUITE fully together, and had turned itself enough that the thread came out through the opening.

Easy fix! (And, a funny story to tell in the future!)  
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 3:13 am
Emm-Kaye
Wore the first necklace to work - got LOTS of compliments!

Then, at lunch, I felt something funny in my cleavage, and realized the clasp had come off & beads were rolling down into my bra!
I got really lucky, and only actually lost about 3-4 beads, but had to recover 6 beads out of my bra in the bathroom (didn't feel comfortable 'feeling myself up' at the table in the restaurant!!!)
The way I'd put the necklace together, the jump ring at the end wasn't QUITE fully together, and had turned itself enough that the thread came out through the opening.

Easy fix! (And, a funny story to tell in the future!)

Oh no! Glad you recovered most of your beads. It would be great to see your necklaces, please post a picture some time! smile  

Wynter Sparrow

Melodious Conversationalist

Emm-Kaye
Captain

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 6:13 am
Wynter Sparrow
Oh no! Glad you recovered most of your beads. It would be great to see your necklaces, please post a picture some time! smile
Will do, once I re-do then end.  
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 5:53 pm
Digging through my bead stash, I got inspired to used some really pretty rainbow colored beads I'd gotten a few months ago. Then I put some bronze beads down next to them, and thought they would be perfect together!

I'd seen a pretty cool looking tube bracelet made of bead netting, and thought it might work well with these beads.

Still not exactly sure what the end result turned out to be - other than gorgeous!

It can be either a bracelet or a necklace. I've got it set up as a necklace right now, but could easily change it out.
Once I can get the pictures downloaded, I'll put them up.  

Emm-Kaye
Captain

Emm-Kaye
Captain

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 4:59 pm
So, my computer got hijacked by some rogue malware program yesterday. Didn't matter what I tried to do, it took me to weird websites or ad sites.
Pretty much had to delete/uninstall everything & reinstall everything to fix it (as well as running several virus scans & malware scans). Luckily, I had decent, and recent backups!

I had hoped to get the pictures posted tonight, but ... fighting with the computer for the better part of today, I'm pretty much done with computers for now.  
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 5:57 am
Still haven't taken the time to post the pics...sorry! I'll try to get the pics off my phone & onto the computer so I can do it this week.

I have been working on the sweater, and I'd say it's about 2/3 done now (about half done with the armholes). I'll get some pics of that posted as well.  

Emm-Kaye
Captain

Welcome to A Crafter's Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas