[FIN] Less Than Ideal Conditions Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Akira Midoriyama

Bashful Friend

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:13 pm
Regarding Nate a bit sulkily, Akira finally relented. "Fine," he said. "Suit yourself. Guess that bed's staying empty." He knew a thing or two about the desire to support oneself; the dislike of accepting help from others. Who was he to force Nate into doing anything, anyway? But...maybe if he could convince Nate that it wasn't just charity...that they could both stand to gain something...

"...About that apartment you were talking about getting, though," he spoke up. "I'm...planning to move out of the place I'm staying at pretty soon. I can't stand my roommate; he's disgusting. The main reason I had roomed with him in the first place was to split the rent," Akira explained. "I don't know how much you have saved, but I've been saving up too. And...well if you want a trial run to see if we can stand each others' lifestyles, perhaps you'd like to consider moving into an apartment sooner. Just with an additional occupant."  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:21 pm
A mischievous smirk spread in Nate's features, giving way to a low laughter. "That sounds like a national tragedy in the making," he said, "but sure. If I'm going halfsies I'm already in the green in terms of funds - if you really want to subject yourself to my presence on a daily basis." He couldn't imagine what had inspired the suggestion, given how they usually got along - or failed to get along, rather - but if he was planning to get a place in Camphoreon anyway, why not go for the least expensive option?  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Akira Midoriyama

Bashful Friend

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:02 pm
"Why do you have to smirk like that?" the brunet complained, clenching his fists. "It makes me just want to punch you or something." Shaking his head, he rubbed at his temples. "Sheesh, I must be a glutton for punishment..."

"As far as your presence, I daresay we won't be seeing much of each other, so it should be fine. While I may not have multiple jobs or a morning and evening shift, I have the graveyard shift at a convenience store, so I doubt we'll often be home at the same time." He met Nate's colorful gaze. "Especially if you've got your 'nightlife and s**t' to keep you occupied."

Taking a deep breath, he said, "Okay, well now that that's settled, let me know whenever you can if you have a specific apartment in mind. I'd like to get away from Taiji as soon as possible, so the sooner, the better. I'm not too picky otherwise."  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:16 pm
"This is the face I was born with, babe," he replied, half framing said face with his thumb and forefinger.

His smirk tautened slightly at Akira's borrowing of Nate's words. "The incentives go on and on," he said, a light sarcasm in his tone. "I can start looking into it if you don't have any prerequisites in mind - or you can look into it, if you don't trust my judgment. I have no prerequisites in mind and am accustomed to having my judgment doubted." He shrugged casually.  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Akira Midoriyama

Bashful Friend

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:24 pm
"Ugh..." He slapped his palm to his face, partly out of incredulity and partly to hide his flushing complexion. "...Please don't ever call me that again."

Lips pursed in response to the taut smirk, he answered, "Go ahead. I've doubted you enough in the past. Perhaps I'll be able to trust you this time." He pulled his scarf a little tighter about his neck and breathed on his hands. "Especially if it reduces the nights you have to spend living out of your car and weighing heavily on my conscience."  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:33 pm
He rolled his eyes dramatically, "All right, Mom. I'll see what I can find tomorrow."  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out