Submit

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:44 pm
"No," he said softly, and turned his golden gaze towards her.

"But if things had been different, we could have had a wonderful friendship. Maybe even something more."

There was a certain fondness in his eyes and voice, deeper than he had shown to even his Pokemon. He truely believed what he said.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:21 pm
"Oh my gosh." Faleen said through a sigh, having to restrain from rolling her eyes as she reached a hand up to her forehead. "Again the sentiments of impracticality."
gently she rubbed her forehead

"I know that the past is all you've got left Lance- for the time being anyway, but lets get one thing straight, any chance that we could have continued being friends, or that I even remotely wanted to be in a friendship with you, was completely destroyed when you betrayed us."
She made a motion as if to shrug, lowering her hand from her forehead and frowning at the man.
"So just, stop"  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:28 pm
"Heh, like I said, if things had been different. Who's not getting it now? Or are you just so determined to hate me that you're ignoring the obvious? What happened to logic."

He continued to watch her.

"I've decided to let my last moments be happy ones, and you can't change that."

Despite that he still longed for a kind word, a gentle touch... Something. But it seemed he only had his memories to cling to until those were to be ripped from him as well.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:43 pm
" 'if' is not a topic worth wasting time for me, I get it perfectly fine and do not wish to waist time with you're 'ifs' "Oh this was pathetic, and that much was evident as she simply gave him an unamused look.
She got it perfectly. and clinging to the same things that happened in the past.

Regardless, this seemed to solidify that she honestly had no reason to add anything further. If he wanted to live his last moment in his memories she found no reason to interfere.
Thus, the Agent rose to her gray boots, "Enjoy you're regrets for a future you never could have had. You have a few minuets left."
and with that Faleen turned and strode to the other side of the machine where a silence fell, broken by the swift clicking of the keyboard keys.  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:55 pm
He watched her walk away then turned his gaze to the ceiling. A small part of him found satisfaction in having driven her to that point but it was an empty feeling also.

It was times like this that made a person consider what was really important in life. He had put so much stock in his dream job as Faleen did and yet it wasn't till he came here that he discovered what he really wanted. Maybe one day she would find that too.

"I don't regret anything," he said quietly, whether or not she could hear him. "I did my best. I fought the good fight, but this is one battle I can't win. I believe in those people who drove this team into hiding."

He then went quiet for several moments. "Regrets... Well maybe there is one thing."

He then closed his eyes, waiting for the inevitable. Thinking back to his family, his Pokemon... And a friendship that he wished had lasted.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:10 pm
Faleen continued doing what she was doing with no indication that she even heard what he was saying. nor that she even cared.
Though there was a small "Quaint" as he finished talking,

Stepping out from the other side, she drew up level to the loading bar that was quickly coming to the end of the download.
A second later and the bar flashed red, and a notice saying "Press enter to activate."

She stood there for a few moments, watching him with a darkening expression.  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:16 pm
Hearing her moving around again, his eyes opened slightly. Though his expression was that of one who had accepted his fate.

"I regret that I hurt you, Faleen. I'm sorry."

There. Having said what he needed, he could be at peace.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:34 pm
"... I know."
She knew exactly how sorry he was, and not just in the way he was Meaning it to be. she allowed him the moment... but only that, before she decided that he had been granted more then he deserved.

"I told you." she said at length. "That you would see what my darkness is capable of."
It was with something equivalent to the feeling of relief that she reached out, finding the enter button with her finger,

Her finger struck the button down with a sharp tap, and the new program activated the chip with a new set of orders.

It was soundless, the small device in his head giving off a pulse through his brain, effectively using his own brain to destroy itself, at least, only the parts the held any and all of Lance's memories.
Gone, and shriveled into nothing, taking with it, anything that the man once was.  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:51 pm
He never doubted what she was capable of, but he had also believed that she could be more than that. But he would never get a chance to say so, bit that it would have made any difference.

When the button was pushed and the pulse went out, the damaging current spidered across Lance's brain, especially to the temporal lobe. His entire body jerked against the restraints, eyes squeezed shut and jaws a clenched before he went into a full out seizure. For several moments his nervous system convulsed, causing him to also go into respiratory distress.

Eventually he calmed down and his body went still.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:16 pm
he brow furrowed lightly at the psychical reaction he had, wondering to herself if maybe the new program had been tampering with other parts of his brain that caused the spasms. And for a moment hoped that the result would not actually kill the body, those had not been her orders.

though as he relaxed again, the nurses came over to check his status, and upon giving Faleen the all clear she nodded to them.
"I'll leave the rest to you then," She told them, knowing they had to now remove the chip from his brain. "Please let me know when I can pick the chip up."

With that out of the way, Faleen cast one last glance at the man who was once Lance.
taking in a breath of air that seemed to rush relief through her entire body, the Agent turned and walked out of the room, feeling oddly better then she had walking in it, knowing that there was one less tragedy in her life she had to be reminded of.  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out