Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gold Diggers and Pollwhores Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild where you can do polls, polls, and more polls. Whist making friends and competing in numerous free competitions 

Tags: polls, gold, anime, active, friends 

Reply Gold Diggers and Pollwhores
My Boyfriend Gave me Bed Bugs... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Have you ever had bed bugs?
  Yes
  No
View Results

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:40 pm
MangoisDelicious

Yeah I suppose.. That has nothing to do with your major except for being outside xD so I can see why you wouldn't want to be stuck there. Are you fine with settling somewhere though? I would think that Alberta, or even Canada in general has at least SOME opportunities concerning the conservation of species, like I remember hearing something about the conservation of bison in Alberta esp. (in fact I'm sure there's a lot more). Have you considered working for a university? I'm not really sure how that would work, but it seems right up your alley. (Unless of course, you meant settling as in finding a place to live, then well... -.-)

Haha sorry, the site you linked me to said Animal Behaviour, but I guess Behavioural Ecology sounds more specific, plus it has a nice ring to it. I dunno, I've always found it interesting to learn things that happen even while I'm learning (like breathing, for example). Just being conscious of more things about your body is, I think, what interests me about human phys. the most, but I suppose that's hardly a motive to get a career in health science or something (though I doubt I could make it anyways). But maybe it's my lack of exposure to anything in bio related to animals that makes me say that.

yeah I mean I am qualified to do the camp stuff. Like I am qualified to run High ropes/Ziplines/Climbing structures, as well as training and managing staff on them as well. But yeah thats just something I am good at. not something I want to settle on for a career. University jobs generally require more than a BSc. Which I have considered but Im not really sure if I want to go back into a couple years of full time study, and if I did it would probally be something more practically animal based like this which I kinda wish I had done several years ago.

I mean settle, as in I would like to settle into a career doing something I enjoy. But I am getting closer to accepting it could be better just to settle into a job that pays the bills, and hopefully allows me to put some money aside. Im getting to a age where thinking about settling down and having a family is on my mind as well.

Yeah animal behaviour is right, but most people guess what it is, and arent normally close. So what I linked you to was right, the other title just explains it better and makes it sound more sciency...which it is.

There is A LOT more jobs in Human Sciences, and it is a lot better of a career path. There is also more room for research grants and such as well.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:18 pm
Sagebomb

yeah I mean I am qualified to do the camp stuff. Like I am qualified to run High ropes/Ziplines/Climbing structures, as well as training and managing staff on them as well. But yeah thats just something I am good at. not something I want to settle on for a career. University jobs generally require more than a BSc. Which I have considered but Im not really sure if I want to go back into a couple years of full time study, and if I did it would probally be something more practically animal based like this which I kinda wish I had done several years ago.

I mean settle, as in I would like to settle into a career doing something I enjoy. But I am getting closer to accepting it could be better just to settle into a job that pays the bills, and hopefully allows me to put some money aside. Im getting to a age where thinking about settling down and having a family is on my mind as well.

Yeah animal behaviour is right, but most people guess what it is, and arent normally close. So what I linked you to was right, the other title just explains it better and makes it sound more sciency...which it is.

There is A LOT more jobs in Human Sciences, and it is a lot better of a career path. There is also more room for research grants and such as well.

So are you planning to push for the zoo job in the education department then, once you're able to? And would you be able to receive some sort of training that could lead to something like what you linked me to? (Or is that a little too ideal to be true?)

I see, I see, I can't say I really relate since I'm not even in uni yet, and have never traveled on my own (I only turned 18 back in sep.), so I have about as much worldly experience as a 10 year old, but I guess I can understand the concept of settling down with a family (some of my cousins have already, some a bit too early imo). Did you have somebody back home or something like that?

Honestly, I don't even know what I'm going to do with my life. I was planning to take Bio in uni, but I never knew where I could go with that, since in my high school, everyone was planning to go into engineering, so opportunities in bio were never really discussed. The only thing I can think of is health sciences (though you just mentioned there was a lot more). I was planning on eventually going into dentistry, but I don't think I could last in that, and the Uni. of Alberta's dentistry program isn't the easiest from what I hear. Plus there's money issues as well.
I've considered "settling" for business or computer science or something like that, but I feel like if I settle for it, I won't take it seriously and will just end up wasting my time or failing or something.  

ChortlingPig

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:29 pm
MangoisDelicious

So are you planning to push for the zoo job in the education department then, once you're able to? And would you be able to receive some sort of training that could lead to something like what you linked me to? (Or is that a little too ideal to be true?)

I see, I see, I can't say I really relate since I'm not even in uni yet, and have never traveled on my own (I only turned 18 back in sep.), so I have about as much worldly experience as a 10 year old, but I guess I can understand the concept of settling down with a family (some of my cousins have already, some a bit too early imo). Did you have somebody back home or something like that?

Honestly, I don't even know what I'm going to do with my life. I was planning to take Bio in uni, but I never knew where I could go with that, since in my high school, everyone was planning to go into engineering, so opportunities in bio were never really discussed. The only thing I can think of is health sciences (though you just mentioned there was a lot more). I was planning on eventually going into dentistry, but I don't think I could last in that, and the Uni. of Alberta's dentistry program isn't the easiest from what I hear. Plus there's money issues as well.
I've considered "settling" for business or computer science or something like that, but I feel like if I settle for it, I won't take it seriously and will just end up wasting my time or failing or something.

Ideally I want to work directly in animal care. Looking after animals.

Yeah you still have a lot more time to craft your career, just remember the work you out in now, is really the work that matters. Highschool....well thats just to get to uni. So long nights, loss of sleep etc is all worth it. Because what you do now will really shape your future....and all that jazz youve already heard.

18 was the first time I headed over seas. After Highschool I did a 3 month adventure leadership program, and then headed to NJ to work as head of ropes there. Then I travelled over to england to see a friend who had moved there before heading back to NZ.

Im the youngest in my family, all my brothers, and sister all have kids already. But they have pretty much settled ages ago. I still have a lot of the freedoms left that you lose when you have kids. Im just more approching the age where I kinda want to be able to have a stable job, a stable residence, and a partner...

No medical program is going to be easy, but thats why if you make it through you can get the jobs with the big bucks. there is quite a few branches of biology of course.

Money issues suck, I am very used to them...even now I am still pretty much living on a student budget. But if it gets you into a good career than going into debt now, will more than pay itself off later.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:55 pm
Sagebomb

Ideally I want to work directly in animal care. Looking after animals.

Yeah you still have a lot more time to craft your career, just remember the work you out in now, is really the work that matters. Highschool....well thats just to get to uni. So long nights, loss of sleep etc is all worth it. Because what you do now will really shape your future....and all that jazz youve already heard.

18 was the first time I headed over seas. After Highschool I did a 3 month adventure leadership program, and then headed to NJ to work as head of ropes there. Then I travelled over to england to see a friend who had moved there before heading back to NZ.

Im the youngest in my family, all my brothers, and sister all have kids already. But they have pretty much settled ages ago. I still have a lot of the freedoms left that you lose when you have kids. Im just more approching the age where I kinda want to be able to have a stable job, a stable residence, and a partner...

No medical program is going to be easy, but thats why if you make it through you can get the jobs with the big bucks. there is quite a few branches of biology of course.

Money issues suck, I am very used to them...even now I am still pretty much living on a student budget. But if it gets you into a good career than going into debt now, will more than pay itself off later.

I guess at this point I'm really underachieving, because my grades are fairly average, but I'm still not taking school as seriously as I could/should be. I was always the lazy student, not really doing anything I didn't need to do (apart from a part time job), so volunteering, and leadership programs weren't really something I was interested in doing. Did you take a year off before going to uni then?

Two of my cousins are getting married in the next few months, and my brother's a little rattled by that, since it's happening so fast. I think it's making him think of getting married himself but he's only twenty and not even finished school so obviously it's a horrible idea. I'm hoping he's just getting excited for my cousins rather than actually thinking about it himself. One of my cousins who is getting married is 24, and I feel that's pretty young, though I guess that's all subjective.

i don't feel like I have the proper drive to excel in health sciences at this point, and without that, I feel like I don't even deserve to have the opportunity to try. I've always been really dependent on my parents, so that's why money issues haven't hit me that hard, but I really want to try becoming more independent, though my parents are really doting and since there's only two of us I guess they're not as keen on us leaving or anything.  

ChortlingPig

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:53 pm
MangoisDelicious

I guess at this point I'm really underachieving, because my grades are fairly average, but I'm still not taking school as seriously as I could/should be. I was always the lazy student, not really doing anything I didn't need to do (apart from a part time job), so volunteering, and leadership programs weren't really something I was interested in doing. Did you take a year off before going to uni then?

Two of my cousins are getting married in the next few months, and my brother's a little rattled by that, since it's happening so fast. I think it's making him think of getting married himself but he's only twenty and not even finished school so obviously it's a horrible idea. I'm hoping he's just getting excited for my cousins rather than actually thinking about it himself. One of my cousins who is getting married is 24, and I feel that's pretty young, though I guess that's all subjective.

i don't feel like I have the proper drive to excel in health sciences at this point, and without that, I feel like I don't even deserve to have the opportunity to try. I've always been really dependent on my parents, so that's why money issues haven't hit me that hard, but I really want to try becoming more independent, though my parents are really doting and since there's only two of us I guess they're not as keen on us leaving or anything.

Yeah I was similar up until near the end of my first year uni when I relised how important it is. Because in reality highschool really dosent matter as long as you pass. But at uni grades will start to decide a lot, and higher grades looks better to employers who employ recent grads (later after graduation grades again become less important once you have passed, but thats because experience becomes more important, but better grades leads to better initial offers.

Yeah I took a gap year...to be honest...I didnt actually pass highschool, but since I have a university degree I dont let that hold me back now. Like I said...I learnt late how much it matters.

Yeah Im 27, I had always thought I would have kids by thirty, just because a baby at 30, is a teenager in your 40s. I wouldnt want to be too much older when dealing with teens XD.

Yeah once you have to start fending for yourself, its good to at least already have some experience. Theres a limit to how long you can ride the parental train....BUT as long as you can milk it, its all good. Like during uni if you can still stay at home, then you can save a lot of money.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:47 pm
Sagebomb

Yeah I was similar up until near the end of my first year uni when I relised how important it is. Because in reality highschool really dosent matter as long as you pass. But at uni grades will start to decide a lot, and higher grades looks better to employers who employ recent grads (later after graduation grades again become less important once you have passed, but thats because experience becomes more important, but better grades leads to better initial offers.

Yeah I took a gap year...to be honest...I didnt actually pass highschool, but since I have a university degree I dont let that hold me back now. Like I said...I learnt late how much it matters.

Yeah Im 27, I had always thought I would have kids by thirty, just because a baby at 30, is a teenager in your 40s. I wouldnt want to be too much older when dealing with teens XD.

Yeah once you have to start fending for yourself, its good to at least already have some experience. Theres a limit to how long you can ride the parental train....BUT as long as you can milk it, its all good. Like during uni if you can still stay at home, then you can save a lot of money.

I've always been really afraid of the competition in uni, because I know I'm not the smartest apple of the bunch, but I guess I've never been scared enough to really apply myself. My grades weren't terrible, and I could've made it into another uni, but I applied for bio at the uni of Calgary, and found out two weeks before the first semester started that I was under the minimum acceptance grade and by that point, it was too late to apply anywhere else -.- So I'm in the middle of my own gap year, upgrading my marks so I can get in next year. I'm hoping I learn my lesson soon, because I really want to get my life together, or at least get back on track.

I've never really given any thought to when I would want to start having children (that is, if I even get married xD), but all I know is that I'm in no hurry (right now anyways). Though I guess at my age, it's too early to have an opinion on this matter.

I wanted to apply straight to the university in Edmonton before, but I didn't really want to put up with all the fees of housing and what not. Why go there, when I could just stay here.

Anyways, thank you sooo much for serving up some hot knowledge straight out of the oven. honestly there's not that many people I can talk about this to, especially an adult with actual experience (I guess I never noticed how my parents and high school teachers skipped the life lesson talk). I don't want to keep you forever though, and honestly I also have a chem test tomorrow that I need to study for sweatdrop . Thank you so much for sharing with me too, I really appreciate you taking the time to talk about something so serious with a kid like me. I really hope everything works out with your LMO, and I really hope that you're able to renew your visa and eventually qualify for residency here. Also, I hope you have a good time with the snow this week ^.^ I don't particularly enjoy waiting 45 minutes for a late bus in the snow myself but... To each his own I guess.  

ChortlingPig

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:12 pm
MangoisDelicious

I've always been really afraid of the competition in uni, because I know I'm not the smartest apple of the bunch, but I guess I've never been scared enough to really apply myself. My grades weren't terrible, and I could've made it into another uni, but I applied for bio at the uni of Calgary, and found out two weeks before the first semester started that I was under the minimum acceptance grade and by that point, it was too late to apply anywhere else -.- So I'm in the middle of my own gap year, upgrading my marks so I can get in next year. I'm hoping I learn my lesson soon, because I really want to get my life together, or at least get back on track.

I've never really given any thought to when I would want to start having children (that is, if I even get married xD), but all I know is that I'm in no hurry (right now anyways). Though I guess at my age, it's too early to have an opinion on this matter.

I wanted to apply straight to the university in Edmonton before, but I didn't really want to put up with all the fees of housing and what not. Why go there, when I could just stay here.

Anyways, thank you sooo much for serving up some hot knowledge straight out of the oven. honestly there's not that many people I can talk about this to, especially an adult with actual experience (I guess I never noticed how my parents and high school teachers skipped the life lesson talk). I don't want to keep you forever though, and honestly I also have a chem test tomorrow that I need to study for sweatdrop . Thank you so much for sharing with me too, I really appreciate you taking the time to talk about something so serious with a kid like me. I really hope everything works out with your LMO, and I really hope that you're able to renew your visa and eventually qualify for residency here. Also, I hope you have a good time with the snow this week ^.^ I don't particularly enjoy waiting 45 minutes for a late bus in the snow myself but... To each his own I guess.

Definitly work hard to get to where you need to be. I know it sucks to do all the work, but its just one of those things, the time you burn now, will earn a lot more in the future. Where as if you go average effort now, you will need to put in a lot more work in the future just to get by. Hopefully not, but normally so.

Yeah your young its not something you really need to worry about now. When I was 18 I had a life plan in place (At least for up until I was 30) and essentially none of it was achieved, I have modified my plan a lot along the path. Still its not to early to observe whats happening relationship wise to others around you so you can prehaps see the mistakes they make so you dont need to repeat them yourself.

Eh its not much. I enjoy sharing my knowledge and experience with others, especially if they ask questions and seek to learn themselves. Of course its just my experience and what I feel and know. Also nah I dont really see you as a kid, yeah you are young, but you are at a age where you are starting to make really important decisions, and starting to take the reigns on your life. I am happy that I will prehaps get to hear about the journey (should you stick around in the guild as long as many of us have). Chaos, one of our members who isnt around much atm (though you will see him in random bursts), was one of the "kids" of this guild when I joined in 2005 (I took over as captain from another person who left the guild back then) He is in college now. He is one of a few members who Ive been able to grow up. Although even us older members have shared a lot of experiences. And that is part of what makes this guild special to me. Since we are all sharing a bit of ourselves as we grow in this guild.

Yes definitly study...study first and internet only when done...

Yeah Im waiting for it to hit. I hope it doesnt hit too hard otherwise the zoo shuts...and I lose work hours...  
Gold Diggers and Pollwhores

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff