Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gold Diggers and Pollwhores Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild where you can do polls, polls, and more polls. Whist making friends and competing in numerous free competitions 

Tags: polls, gold, anime, active, friends 

Reply Gold Diggers and Pollwhores
Frozen

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ice, ice, baby
  Elsa
  Anna
View Results

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:39 am
Go see it.

It's heartwarming (the irony!) and cute, and it will shatter (like ice!) your preconceived notions of traditional Disney plot bullshit.

And I think that Let It Go (from the film, not the credits) is my favorite Disney song since the ones in Tangled...though all in all, Tangled's music was better.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:46 am
What...WHAT IS THIS?
I haven't seen TV in a few days.
New disney what?  

Citrus Novii

Anxious Fairy

10,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:55 am
Citrus Novii
What...WHAT IS THIS?
I haven't seen TV in a few days.
New disney what?

Frozen. It's the new animated Disney film. The people I spend time with were complaining about how when they went to Disney in October they were pushing these two new princesses so hard when the movie wasn't even out yet. But the movie is actually quite good~  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:18 pm
Havent seen it yet but am hoping to see it soon.  

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

xxXSleepy_NinjaXxx

Mega Nerd

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:17 pm
I totes want to see it.

And Tangled music was the best. I have the soundtrack and some of the songs on my ipod. ^^  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:01 pm
Okay saw it.

He a fixer upper was probally my fave song.

The story was nice, though it felt pretty strongly cliched. Sure they played around with the antagonist and thier angle (trying to avoid spoilers). But still it was pretty formulaic disney

For a ice filled adventure I think I still preffer rise of the guardians.

Still it was nice to see Rapunzel and Flynn in frozen.

User Image

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:53 am
Sagebomb
Okay saw it.

He a fixer upper was probally my fave song.

The story was nice, though it felt pretty strongly cliched. Sure they played around with the antagonist and thier angle (trying to avoid spoilers). But still it was pretty formulaic disney

For a ice filled adventure I think I still preffer rise of the guardians.

Still it was nice to see Rapunzel and Flynn in frozen.

User Image

Fixer Upper is hilarious and I love it. I must confess that the more I listen to the soundtrack, the more I like it too...so there's that.

Silly Sage, not using white text for its intended purpose.

SPOILERS BELOW
Granted, I knew beforehand that getting Anna back to Hans wasn't going to fix the problem, but I underestimated the extent of why. And while I found parts of the plot mildly predictable on some levels, I don't think it's the same as being cliche, at least for a Disney movie. More than anything else I felt that they used cliches to set up our expectations and then subvert them. The entire story revolved around the relationship between these two sisters, and even though Anna had help from Kristoph in getting to Elsa at first, he was ultimately extraneous to the resolution of the plot. How often does Disney let female characters solve their own plot problems? Stories revolving around princesses need to have less "damsel in distress" and more "action girl."
SPOILERS ABOVE

I dunno...I think I much prefer Frozen to Rise of the Guardians. The latter had its moments, but I liked all of Frozen.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:06 pm
GoldDiggingWhore

I dunno...I think I much prefer Frozen to Rise of the Guardians. The latter had its moments, but I liked all of Frozen.

But we have a spoiler button now.

So you noticed the rapunzel cameo? But yes I agree the resolution was a nice change with the focus of true love. That was pretty revolutionary and a good bait and switch

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:31 pm
Sagebomb

Sadly I did not notice until after I'd watched it and was looking it up on TV Tropes. Kinda like how I missed a bunch of the Sonic cameos in Wreck-It Ralph the first time through. I'll catch it the next time I see it, which will likely be later this month~  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:30 pm
GoldDiggingWhore
Sagebomb

Sadly I did not notice until after I'd watched it and was looking it up on TV Tropes. Kinda like how I missed a bunch of the Sonic cameos in Wreck-It Ralph the first time through. I'll catch it the next time I see it, which will likely be later this month~

Yeah I didnt see it at first either, it is literally 1 second of screen time.  

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Gold Diggers and Pollwhores

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers