Submit

lZAYA ORlHARA

Chatty Informer

8,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:13 pm
You're the one who's not listening, he thought darkly, but held his tongue. It appeared Faleen was beyond considering anything he had to say. He supposed he couldn't blame her, though. Even if she'd listened, there was no guarantee she would understand. Their ways of thinking were just too different. It's not real trust if you don't understand motives. It's blind.

...But if that was the only kind of trust Faleen or anyone else at Team Rocket understood and valued, so be it.

Actually, I think the reason I'm sitting here right now and not in a cell in Camphoreon is because Lance is dead and because TR wanted to catch themselves a traitor, he thought to himself, absently looking away from Faleen about around the room instead. His lips didn't move, though. It was like being in Seth's office again the day Faleen had been assigned as his partner. He had to make an effort to seem obliging again, only this time it wasn't simply for petty spite or vengeance.

"You didn't need me," he murmured, unable to help himself. So much for compliance. Perhaps it had had something to do with having had only himself to talk to during all that time locked away. Talking to someone was still such a comfort, even if it was for a quarrel. "You never have. You're an agent and I'm a grunt. If the ranking system is so great, what could you possibly have needed me for? You got out just fine." There's a difference between the concerns I have and the concerns I voice, Faleen-chan.

He stiffened at her response regarding Aila, but shut his mouth once more. Shifting his gaze back to the table top as she sat down, he offered no reply. It was then she informed him of what she had really meant to tell him. Crimson eyes still remained trained on the table top.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:24 pm
"I don't need you." she repeated after him, a light furrow of her brow followed this, and for a couple of seconds she stood without saying anything.
"I feel as if I should give you a few moments to think over what you said there."

She could only imagine he had just said it impulsively, and she honestly didn't feel at this moment digging up examples to correct him. He was there just as much as she had been, there was little need.

The implication of Grunts not being respected as part of the team also went unanswered, an unimpressed frown feathering the corners of her lips. She had never once implied that Grunts were not to be respected, and he of anyone should know that, since the very first day they were assigned partners.

Instead the Agent allowed a moment of silence before she continued. allowing what she had said last to soak in before she spoke again "Do you understand what that means?"  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

lZAYA ORlHARA

Chatty Informer

8,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:26 pm
"Oh, please. I've had more than enough time thinking over everything," the tired, irritable man answered. "You more than most should know I generally don't say things without considerable thought. I have to to be careful, especially with my words. It's why they've been some of my greatest weapons in the past. I know how to wield them, so don't insult me by acting as if you think I don't know what they mean."

Yes, he knew she didn't hold herself over him because he was of lower rank. However, she respected ranks and the authority that Team Rocket gave them. So did people like Kunai; people working at the top and behind the scenes. Not all of them were of her opinion or Aila's. However, she still trusted them, and to Izaya, that was just the same as sharing their opinion.

Even if she didn't agree with it, she followed through with their ideals - that included the fact that grunts were more disposable than agents. He hoped to make it clear to her that no matter what she thought as an individual, the fact that she was so loyal to the organization made her individual opinion almost worthless. After all, he highly doubted there had been any thought in mind that he might have been beneficial to her in any way when they were assigned to be partners regardless of what Faleen believed.

"What?" he asked when she spoke once more. "The fact that you don't need me, or the fact that I'm being placed on a 'final trial'?"

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:22 am
Her eyelids fell a little more at his words, implying very greatly that she didn't agree with his comment about him thinking things through before saying them.

Whatever she had to say however went unsaid as she continued on to the point of them being there.
"That you are being placed on a final trial."  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

lZAYA ORlHARA

Chatty Informer

8,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:23 pm
"I will when you tell me," he replied. The grunt
sat up straight in his chair and folded his hands on the table. "So what does this mean, exactly?"

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:32 pm
There was a pause, the agent leaned forward, interlacing her fingers in within each other as she watched him for a couple of seconds.
as if prepping the words she already knew, in an almost undecided desire for if she wanted to say them or not.

"Due to the most recent event, your record has been reevaluated, and your behavior has been deemed unacceptable. dissonance, in direct violation of orders, baiting team mates, and questionable spotty loyalty." She paused here, re-adjusting her hands not once taking her eyes off of him "For a Rocket, I imagine what that means. But instead, you've been placed on a final trial. a probation, and a three strike system... in that time you will be watched, and evaluated to see if you can still sit in."  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

lZAYA ORlHARA

Chatty Informer

8,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:55 pm
"Hm." Grunt Nakura was silent for a minute, thinking over what his partner had said. "...Why am I even being given this trial at all? I'm sure plenty of higher ups would be more than happy to see me dead at this point."  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:03 am
"Because I'm your partner." she replied with a slight frown "I suggested it, one last chance."  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

lZAYA ORlHARA

Chatty Informer

8,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:06 am
"And why would you do that?" he asked her. "What hope could you possibly be holding out for? Aren't you concerned with what's best for Team Rocket?  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:15 am
"Of course, I'm always looking out for whats best for Team Rocket." Faleen shook her head lightly, letting out a light sigh "Maybe its because we've been working together, I know how useful you can be, to myself included, even if you clearly don't recall for yourself. No I in team."
her eyebrows arched as she gave him a pointed look shifting her posture, letting her hands fall to her side "We both know that I wouldn't be doing this if I didn't think you could, right now- I think you can, but be assured, that the moment I know that I can't help you anymore, I have no say in your fate."  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

lZAYA ORlHARA

Chatty Informer

8,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:22 am
Staring at her a minute longer, studying the lines in her face and the expression of each feature, the grunt took another slow, deep breath. "Very well, then. If that's how it's going to be." Putting his hands flat on the table, he asked, "Is that all you had to say to me, agent?"  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:32 am
She had to live her life with the strict understanding that she couldn't have room to regret her decisions, everything she did was calculated, everything she did was precise and was executed to the best of her experience and judgment.
She didn't always get it right, but she had no room for regret in the end.

This was different, it felt reckless, and she was uncertain, the outcome itself was troubling, even more so now as Izaya stood and she found her gaze more level with the slightly taller man.
Was she making a mistake?

"You have the remainder of the week off." She told him "You're not permitted out of the base unless accompanied by myself or another approved Agent. Once you are back on active duty I will forward you you're schedule."

She reached to her side, placing a key onto the table and sliding it across to one of his hands. "Your belongings from HQ are in the lockers."
Straightening up again with her hands folding behind her back she paused once more, brow knitting slightly.  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

lZAYA ORlHARA

Chatty Informer

8,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:48 am
He nodded once in understanding of the instructions, committing them to memory. He would definitely be putting the rest of the week to use catching up on everything he had missed and getting the lay of the outpost. When she slid the key toward him, he picked it up and examined it before glancing back up at her as she told him what it was for.

"Thank you, agent," he told her, dipping his head. This time, presumably, it was in respect. However, it was a little more difficult to pinpoint exactly what he was thanking her for - the key? The information? The last chance she had suggested...? He did not clarify. "May I be dismissed?"

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:49 am
She wasn't certain what he was thanking for her either, she couldn't imagine he was very happy right now, about anything. The possibility that it was spoken in irony was there, but Faleen had little reason to assume either reason too strongly.

"Yes" She replied in his request to leave. She had said what she needed to.  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

lZAYA ORlHARA

Chatty Informer

8,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:02 pm
Bowing, the grunt turned and left the room without another word or a glance back. He had a great deal to do and a very short time to do it in. It was best if he started as soon as possible.  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff