Submit

Venti Mico

Ruthless Fairy

9,600 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Loiterer 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:39 pm
"You're probably right... it's a good thing I'm not in charge of, uh... anything," Lu said with a small snort. It did seem like moving bases like that would be a hassle and Lu would like to avoid it if he could. He wasn't sure how they were all going to get from this base to the new one without being caught or at least gathering suspicion... he wasn't sure how they would manage to transport everyone in the first place. Maybe they'd rent a school bus?

"...That sounds like a lot of things to do," Lu murmured, picking at his pants. "Maybe you could tell one of them," he nodded towards the people who'd been discussing tech talk, "I bet they would know how to do it, they seem like the kind of people who know about robots." He felt rather dumb in comparison to them, he was no scientist and definitely not the brightest. Zacharie could probably figure out how to build robots quicker than he could, but Zacharie was smart, so that was a given. Now, if they needed someone to help them make sure the trees looked realistic... "M-maybe I could help make the robot trees look real," he said with a small laugh under his breath.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:53 pm
Zacharie nodded in agreement, there would be a lot of things that would need doing. "There's going to be a lot to do regardless of what they choose to do though." He pointed out with a soft sigh before he let out a loud snort. He glanced around the room to make sure no one had turned their attention to him before turning to give Lu a faint scowl. "Don't be stupid. I'm not going to tell them to build giant, fighting robots disguised as trees." He muttered, rolling his eyes in exasperation. "They'll think I'm an idiot; which I am not." The last thing he wanted was for people to look down on him. If there was one thing he loathed above all else, it would be being looked down upon. His exasperation turned to one of the fond variety at Lu's soft spoken suggestion. "Yes, yes. I'm sure you'd do so well with making them look like an actual tree." He said with a light laugh.  

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:24 am
Wait, wait, wait. "Doesn't the base already have some sort of security?" Lex asked, incredulous. "Surely building a base under the lake is much more invasive then anything that been suggested. And since they are close to finishing, that means construction has not been found, and such they have a working security grid of some sort."

As much as Lex knew, construction meet a lot of people, pokemon, loud noises and underground likely muffled it, but wouldn't there be some suspicion? Quakes or something?  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:52 am
"Yeah," Lucas said in response, craning his neck to address the speaker, "as I said before, we've got some cameras set up. It's functional, but it's a pretty archaic system compared to what we had going in the desert. We've been using Zoroark to cover our butts when we have to move around in the forest, but most of the activity takes place in tunnels, so it isn't suspiciously visible. The location alone is pretty darn secure, but it's far from impervious. We just lost a base that had a way more advanced system than what's protecting the construction site, after all, so the higher ups are getting antsy."

Twice he clicked the pen in his hand, then raised the nonwriting end to scratch idly at his temple, his eyes on his clipboard. "I've got a lot of good information to take back, so if you guys think you've covered what needs covering, don't feel like you have to stick around and keep talking. Of course, whoever wants to keep brainstorming is welcome to do so as well; we've still got time if you want to continue."  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:22 am
"Those ideas would be good if we were in a swamp, maybe," Tambrey added to the responses to Oliver's suggestions "Um, I think those are things we could at least keep in mind for temporary future projects... We could definitely engineer plants that did something like that, but plants would be a little permanent. That sounds more like a security option we could consider in the event that we're discovered beyond the ability to continue hiding... But I don't think they'd be a good deterrent." She agreed with the reasons stated, but seemed not to want to discourage the ideas from coming- especially if that plant one ever came to something... That sounded like an interesting challenge.

She then mused a little, thoughtful, likely on just the kind of hybrid they could produce should such a project ever be greenlit, though found herself back in the room upon discussions of water types and existing security.

"Carvanha is definitely something the lab's worked with before..." Even as just unaltered pokémon, she was confident they could produce a healthy number of them. "Also, the longer, and more often, that people have to move around and build things, the higher the risk of discovery, um, I'd think..." Tambrey piped up again, after some thought. "Oh. Um. We have some resources, uh, 'off base', I mean, not here, most of the time... I think it would be a good idea to, uh, catch them up with all we decide here, maybe, as they could provide access to equipment and, um, stuff, that we don't currently have access to here. So, um, with that in mind, permission to schedule a meeting or two with said resources?"  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:41 am
Having an underground base was going to be part of a security measure on its own, they would likley be concerned about people passing overhead or even training in the forest, but to be aware of what is going on to give the best advantage is acting DID become necessary.

This was interesting to Faleen, and she had long since fallen quiet in favor of considering the ideas they had come up with so far. Being fascinated with the different approach in security tactics.
She herself had nothing left to add to the idea pool not until she started working on the project anywhere, where problem solving would probably bring up new hitches and new ideas.
Though a soft grin met her face at the mention of using Carvanha as an option, something she would whole heatedly endorse.

She looked over to Tambrey however when she mentioned outside resources
"Would you mind elaborating on what you mean?"  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:57 am
"Um. Well. Our production options... Equipment. They're currently, uh, diminished compared to our old capabilities, but I know that we have resources present at other locations. Um. I think it would be good to have the option to use every kind of resource we possibly can, especially in later stages."
Tambrey tried to explain. She wasn't sure if she was allowed to entirely elaborate specifically what she meant, but seemed to suspect Faleen would catch on. She suspected the elites in the room already knew, or suspected, what she meant... Or perhaps had a better idea, even, than she did, about what she was talking about.
She waited for someone else to state it outright, if they were going to, though; she hadn't been an agent very long and she didn't consider a lot of details to be her's to talk about yet.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:41 am
"We're not too worried about equipment right now - what we can't put together here, we can outsource construction plans to other outposts and to bases in other regions," Lucas said, then paused and pointed his pen at Tambrey, "however: There's a certain human resource that would valuable to have on this job. Tambrey, I think you know who I'm talking about?" He assumed she would if she was referring to what it sounded like she was referring to. "I was going to write up an email later, but if you wouldn't mind taking up the task, it'd save some time fiddling with encryption."  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:59 am
That made sense. Tambrey wasn't sure exactly what the other outposts were capable of, but at the idea they might have the equipment she currently lacked on site, she felt the tiniest pang of jealousy.
Still, at least they had the capabilities rather than losing all that equipment during the move; Lucas seemed relatively confident in the ability to cope. That was, as much as it was envy-inducing, a relief.

She widened her eyes slightly as she found herself gaining a task, but, as she did know exactly who was meant, and as she'd brought up the subject, Tambrey found herself nodding in agreement.
Was she supposed to salute or something? Probably not.
"Yessir. Um, I can take a trip."  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:00 am
"Ah" Kaiba, In other words, Seth- yes that was a good idea, getting whatever minds they could to work on the reestablishment of the Rockets. Though she had assumed he would already be aware of what was happening, or would be made aware of the progress due to his rank.  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:34 am
"Awesome. I'll put together the relevant data when we're done here and you can bring it by," Lucas replied with a satisfied nod.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:36 pm
Okay, basic camera and shape shifting fox pokemon. The base was underground, it was unlikely they would keep the fox pokemon. Possible. “Sorry, and helpful…” he pushed his hair back, curls tangling slightly. “The pokemon have possibility,” the science was beyond him, but it was intriguing. “Having them registered so they can’t be captured works, but the secondary problem with that is if they are injured, they could be taken to a pokemon center.” Trainers were a sympathetic bunch.

“Do we have anyone under covered in the Rangers? Or in the local pokemon center that can handle that possibility?” He hummed. “I take it the chips would be well insulated against electric, ice, and fire attacks.” He knew enough about technology that it fried, melted, and froze.

“Plain clothes agents might be the best form of security since we are going to be so close to various towns.”  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:56 pm
"If they're made specifically with a flight response, they would run from trainers rather than fight them - or other pokemon - then trainers wouldn't be able to take them to a center unless the pokemon couldn't avoid whatever attacks and got knocked out. As long as they're conscious and can move, they would run, especially if they're specifically for security and not to chase anybody away," he offered, hoping to help. Trainers would have to try pretty damn hard to actually catch one of them, and even then they wouldn't be able to put it into a pokeball if they did manage to catch up to it.

Verbalizing his thoughts evoked another, and he shifted to look at Tambrey but also those from tech. "Actually, would it be helpful to have a few predetermined locations for them to go if something's wrong or happens to them? Where they can go to wait for someone to go out and help them, or bring them in to be healed, or fix any damaged hardware," though it was still really strange to think of pokemon with hardware. He really didn't want to subject any of them to that, the poor things, but he also had been in Team Rocket long enough to know that his own personal feelings on any given matter didn't really count for anything - especially given they were along the vein of 'let's actually be nice to everyone and not steal any pokemon or hurt any pokemon anymore.'

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:10 pm
Faleen looked over to Inigo and nodded with his explanation, adding her own bit "That's also another reason for the partner system of better yet the network we can set up, the pokemon will be in direct contact with one another and be able to respond to allow a flight from battle."

"The chip will be implanted in the subjects brain, anything the brain would be able to withstand the chip would be able to withstand. So attacks should be no problem once we've completed it, not that we anticipate the pokemon to engage in battle," She explained to Lex

"Elemi Lake is in the center of the forest, so while we'll be closer to a town in comparison to where we were before in the desert, you have to realize that it would take a days trek by foot for any trainer not on a pokemon to get to the middle of this forest where the lake is, I imagine we'll see a number of trainers go over our heads, but that's the benefit of being underground, they will have no reason to suspect anything. Much like the situation we find out base in now, we have a whole town living over our heads, and they are none the wiser of our presence. As long as we don't affect the environment in a drastic way, then I don't see us drawing suspicion to a spot in the middle of the forest, with as little food traffic as we will get from trainers."

She reached over to gather her tablet back into her hands.  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:59 pm
"Co-operation and flight response. Easy enough traits to engineer a preference for, though the technology will make it even easier anyway... " Tambrey mused. "Locations would be good, but it might be just as good to allow them to choose their habitats naturally, as pokémon, and then mark that location as their 'base'... With the chip, we should be able to, um, tell them to go where ever we need if we need to though?" She smiled "It's pretty hard to follow a fleeing pokémon if it doesn't want to be found. I think we can use that to our advantage too."  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff