Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gold Diggers and Pollwhores Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild where you can do polls, polls, and more polls. Whist making friends and competing in numerous free competitions 

Tags: polls, gold, anime, active, friends 

Reply Gold Diggers and Pollwhores
O_O Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

/rollsaround
  /hasn'tbeenaroundalotlately
View Results

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:46 am
Citrus Novii

Hmm, I like thier style in the fox, but they are a very hit or miss style. Guess thats what happens when you take risks, and sing in your second language XD.

Mostly its just been recolors coming out in the cash shop recently.

Cool cool.

Yeah dunno, sadly during those layoffs (like when we lost Pan and JK emo ) we also lost a couple epic artists like Prism. (Polar Tear, Band of Bremen, Petulant Enchanter, Valkyrian Dragoon of Lalune, and Ultra Satan, keikos cake, Sainte ciel, Ostara, Butterflys lament, rosamunds revenge (the original, most recolours came after she was gone), runcible spoon, (SBX for Double Rainbow and the Hollywood Dream/Starlet/Vixen from Screen King. Also Milk and Nochi, but those were ethe's to begin with haha) Etc etc.

I know pepper tea who did stuff like http://www.gaiaonline.com/marketplace/itemdetail/10019423 often refferences how epically slow she works since she puts hours and hours into her pieces (you can often tell). So like in this past rig I think she only did like 2 items and a recolour. Milk bun definitly works a lot faster, but often ends up with work not quite as crisp (still makes a lot of awesome stuff though).

But the limits of new items as opposed to recolours I feel its partly because of the reduced staffing. Although gaia has rehired several people recently I am not aware of any new artists.

The did have a art director job listed which came down a month or two ago. I havent heard any news about it though (and often I try and stay in the loop) I do wonder if they were just for the 18+ site though. Still since they laid of John Kim....(JK) who was the senior art director. I havent heard anything about anyone taking his place.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:45 pm
Sagebomb
Citrus Novii

Hmm, I like thier style in the fox, but they are a very hit or miss style. Guess thats what happens when you take risks, and sing in your second language XD.

Mostly its just been recolors coming out in the cash shop recently.

Cool cool.

Yeah dunno, sadly during those layoffs (like when we lost Pan and JK emo ) we also lost a couple epic artists like Prism. (Polar Tear, Band of Bremen, Petulant Enchanter, Valkyrian Dragoon of Lalune, and Ultra Satan, keikos cake, Sainte ciel, Ostara, Butterflys lament, rosamunds revenge (the original, most recolours came after she was gone), runcible spoon, (SBX for Double Rainbow and the Hollywood Dream/Starlet/Vixen from Screen King. Also Milk and Nochi, but those were ethe's to begin with haha) Etc etc.

I know pepper tea who did stuff like http://www.gaiaonline.com/marketplace/itemdetail/10019423 often refferences how epically slow she works since she puts hours and hours into her pieces (you can often tell). So like in this past rig I think she only did like 2 items and a recolour. Milk bun definitly works a lot faster, but often ends up with work not quite as crisp (still makes a lot of awesome stuff though).

But the limits of new items as opposed to recolours I feel its partly because of the reduced staffing. Although gaia has rehired several people recently I am not aware of any new artists.

The did have a art director job listed which came down a month or two ago. I havent heard any news about it though (and often I try and stay in the loop) I do wonder if they were just for the 18+ site though. Still since they laid of John Kim....(JK) who was the senior art director. I havent heard anything about anyone taking his place.

DANG, I didn't know they cleaned house that extensively. :<

Is all of this stuff covered in the announcements I ignore? gonk  

Citrus Novii

Anxious Fairy

10,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:50 pm
Citrus Novii

As if they would announce layoffs XD.

Remember Im your resident gaia nerd, I follow artists/devs/admins. Such things are also often discussed in the GCD which is where I get a lot of the information I didnt get straight from the source. But I have eyes and ears everywhere here #nolife...I would say too much spare time...but thats not really true XD.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:08 am
Sagebomb
Citrus Novii

As if they would announce layoffs XD.

Remember Im your resident gaia nerd, I follow artists/devs/admins. Such things are also often discussed in the GCD which is where I get a lot of the information I didnt get straight from the source. But I have eyes and ears everywhere here #nolife...I would say too much spare time...but thats not really true XD.

WELL YOU NEVER KNOW.

YOU HASH TAGGED. WHAT?
I know I always see you as like the top five posts on the old ATA and I was always moderately impressed by that lol.  

Citrus Novii

Anxious Fairy

10,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:52 pm
Citrus Novii

WELL YOU NEVER KNOW.

YOU HASH TAGGED. WHAT?
I know I always see you as like the top five posts on the old ATA and I was always moderately impressed by that lol.

Yeah, but it wouldnt be the best PR, generally companys dont want you to know that the are down staffing, because there is never a positive reason for downstaffing.

Yeah...I only hashtag ironically....and on gaia though.

Yeah...I set my watch for it ninja and when the time it was due to start, refreshed constantly until I saw it posted, then clicked, reply pasted what I had copied, and set it. It was always a race to get on the first page, but Lanzer seldomly replied to anything after page one or maybe two. So to get a lanzer reply you pretty much need to page one it.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:30 pm
squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!! Have a safe fun trip :3  

AngelAmy

Citrus Novii

Anxious Fairy

10,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:44 pm
AngelAmy
squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!! Have a safe fun trip :3

I will!
If I had more time and a passport I would go see EVERYONE UP NORTH.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:48 pm
Sagebomb
Citrus Novii

WELL YOU NEVER KNOW.

YOU HASH TAGGED. WHAT?

Yeah, but it wouldnt be the best PR, generally companys dont want you to know that the are down staffing, because there is never a positive reason for downstaffing.

Yeah...I only hashtag ironically....and on gaia though.

Yeah...I set my watch for it ninja and when the time it was due to start, refreshed constantly until I saw it posted, then clicked, reply pasted what I had copied, and set it. It was always a race to get on the first page, but Lanzer seldomly replied to anything after page one or maybe two. So to get a lanzer reply you pretty much need to page one it.

True, true.
What is this 18+ site thing? I've seen it mentioned a few times but I have no idea what it is. LINK ME SOMETHING THAT ANSWERS MY QUESTIONS. Or..you could, whatever.

Well, as long as it's ironically done I can accept this hashtagging thang.

XD You set your watch for it?
Awesome.
Have you ever gotten a reply from Lanzer?  

Citrus Novii

Anxious Fairy

10,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:05 pm
Citrus Novii

True, true.
What is this 18+ site thing? I've seen it mentioned a few times but I have no idea what it is. LINK ME SOMETHING THAT ANSWERS MY QUESTIONS. Or..you could, whatever.

Well, as long as it's ironically done I can accept this hashtagging thang.

XD You set your watch for it?
Awesome.
Have you ever gotten a reply from Lanzer?

Sorry cant link you to any good info because we just dont have it.

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-community-discussion/gaia-interactive-making-an-18-website/t.87050631_1/

Is a thread made after the first survey looking at names for the site and a few other things.

Then there was the drama when gaia released that survey asking people what avitary body shapes they wanted. And everyone freaked out because it used "offensive" names for body shapes (Like whale or fat as fatass). Which later was rereleased with no names

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-community-discussion/gaia-s-newest-survey-female-body-chart/t.88044121/

Also when asking lanzer about newer jobs if they were specific to gaia he said they were recruiting for all the different teams on gaia (Aka for both gaiaonline and the 18+ site, indirectly).

We havent really heard much about it the past several months at all. So dont know what stage it is in atm.

Yeah when I was home I used to set my alarm clock and wake up for it XD.

Yeah many times. Often when I was on the front page lanzer would reply to my posts. I have been replied to by most admin/staff in the ata, or if not in different places around gaia, especially by devs in game specific forums.

Artists I havent been quoted by so much by. I know I have been quoted by milkbun and peppertea, reapersun.

Dunno name a staff member and I could probally find a time when the quoted me....I am kinda a gaia whore in chatting to staff redface  
Gold Diggers and Pollwhores

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff