[PRP] No Walk in the Park

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Akira Midoriyama

Bashful Friend

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:45 am
Akira was not pleased. He had simply decided to take Happa out one afternoon once he'd woken from his morning nap to let him stretch his legs. After all, the Leafeon was not very comfortable indoors, so he appreciated going out every now and then. What Akira had not anticipated was that someone else he had preferred not to run into was already there exercising his own pokemon.

To turn back or not? If he did so now and was spotted, that would seem rude. Not to mention Happa was already out and looking forward to the park. With a heavy sigh, the brunet was somewhat glad he had started to grow his hair out again as he made his way across the street into the Camphoreon park. At least he wouldn't seem too masculine even if he wasn't wearing a dress. His scarf and green coat could go either way, right?  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:02 pm
When Vincent had found Connie, the little guy had been angry, anti-social, and beat up. Now he was angry, anti-social, and healthy! Thanks to Andre helping him take care of the little guy as well as the Slyveon they'd found him with, Connie "The Consul" was looking much healthier. It'd been a good day and Vincent wanted some fresh air and it couldn't hurt the little Eevee to get some as well. 'Good day' as it was, it was still chilly, so he'd bundled up in a black jacket(he'd wanted the red one but he had so many red ones at home). Now here he was, out at the park and watching Connie walk around sniffing flowers. He was watching Connie from the nearest bench, making sure he didn't run off too far but also getting the opportunity to people watch.

...Huh. That was a familiar looking person. Sort of...? The brunet looked rather ambiguous but their face looked so familiar. Glancing at them but not staring, Vincent decided maybe he'd get a little closer and see if he couldn't find out who they were. Standing and stretching, Vincent meandered towards them with a wave.

"Afternoon!" He greeted, "Out to let the little monster play?" He nodded towards the Leafeon, hands in his pockets.  

Venti Mico

Ruthless Fairy

9,600 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Loiterer 100

Akira Midoriyama

Bashful Friend

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:39 am
The young man couldn't help but tense at Vincent's call, but he turned around to face him with a sheepish smile just the same. "Oh, hello," he answered, reaching up to tug his bangs. No, no he couldn't afford to do that. Not now. Er...or could he? Just had to pretend to be Clara, right? "Yeah, I just thought I'd...let him out for some fresh air," he admitted in his higher, more feminine inflection of voice. "I work a lot so I don't get to let him out much. Um...don't I know you?" s/he asked with a shy smile.

Akira wasn't the only nervous one. Happa had been glad to be out and about, but now there was a grumpy-looking Eevee nearby and he didn't want to offend the normal-type. Maybe he was being too presumptuous and the Eevee was nicer than he seemed. Happa said tentatively, slowly making his approach.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:10 pm
"I had a similar thought for that little guy!" Vincent said, jerked a thumb towards Connie. He inspected the person closer, a hand on his chin. "Do you? I don't know too many people here, m'not from the area. So, either you're tryin' t'flirt with me, we met somewhere before, or both! Personally, I'm hoping for both." Vincent punctuated his sentence with a wink, then laughed. They did look incredibly familiar, the more he looked... but he just couldn't put a name to them.

Connie had started when Vincent called out to the other person, then sat down warily with his ears lowered. Who was this Leafeon, trying to talk to him? Didn't he know who Connie was? ...No, but he should! Connie sniffed, turning his nose up.  

Venti Mico

Ruthless Fairy

9,600 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Loiterer 100

Akira Midoriyama

Bashful Friend

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:27 pm
Laughing in both nervousness and amusement, Akira couldn't help running a hand through his hair. "Ever the charmer," he answered, shaking his head to hide his rapidly-heating face. "It's Clara. I think we both know Rosie, right?" Pausing, 'Clara' put a thoughtful finger to her chin. "And your name was...Vincent?"

Happa quickly offered, concentrating on his move, Sunny Day.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:53 am
The memory came to him as soon as she said 'Rosie'. Vincent pulled his hands out of his pockets and snapped. "Dang! How'd I forget such a sweetheart like you, huh? Clara! How've you been? Have ya' talked t'Ronnie? Great girl, really!" He chattered quickly, walking a little closer now that he knew he knew her. "Vincent's my name, but you can call me Vinny, if y'want."

Connie watched Happa suspiciously, but felt a bit more at ease when their surroundings started warming up. He tilted his head, but adjusted himself and sat facing Happy. He replied hesitantly, bashful.  

Venti Mico

Ruthless Fairy

9,600 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Loiterer 100

Akira Midoriyama

Bashful Friend

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:32 pm
"Probably because I'm not one," Clara said, grinning. "You're just a flatterer. You're right about one thing, though. If anyone's a sweetheart, it's probably 'Ronnie'." Smiling shyly as Vincent drew closer, she inclined her head toward him. "'Vincent' sounds classy, but 'Vinny' is cute. Nevermind what I want, what about you? Do you have a preference?"

Happa marveled, sitting back on his hind quarters and wrapping his tail around himself.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:41 pm
Vincent snorted, reaching over and ruffling Clara's hair. "Whaaat? Don't say that, do I look like somebody that would flatter people? Pah!" He laughed, pulling his hand back and sticking it in his pockets. Boy, he hated the cold. It needed to warm up, and fast... His hands might freeze off if he didn't get himself some gloves soon. "Ronnie is a sweetheart too, ever heard of the phrase 'birds of a feather'? You an' her are both sweet. Ya' might be birds too, but if ya' are, you've got a good disguise!" Did he have a preference? Maybe... sure, Vinny was way cooler, made him sound like he was in the mafia. Andre always called him Vincent, never his nickname... hm. "How 'bout this... you call me Vinny, and I'll come up with a nickname for you!"

Connie pawed at the ground, embarrassed. The Eevee peeked up at Happa, hesitant.  

Venti Mico

Ruthless Fairy

9,600 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Loiterer 100

Akira Midoriyama

Bashful Friend

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:52 pm
Making a small noise of distress as the larger man ruffled her hair, Clara laughed again and shook her head. "I'm not sure you know me well enough to make that judgement with such certainty, but it's kind of you to say so regardless." Beaming, she nodded, agreeing to his proposal of names.

"O-okay. If you want to," Clara answered, fighting down another laugh. "I was wondering, though...I don't mean to pry and if it's private, you don't have to say. But...what does that Andre of yours call you? Some endearing term of affection, perhaps?"

Happa answered seriously, nodding with vigor.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:07 pm
"Nonsense! I'll have ya' know, I'm a great judge of character. Like, the greatest!" Vincent laughed, looking over at Connie to make sure he was behaving. The little guy never got into too much trouble, Vincent wasn't that worried.

"What's Andre call me? Huh, he calls me a lot of things! I think his favourite is, 'Dammit Vincent!', though. I guess we go by partners. Something affectionate... hm... Calls me 'dear' sometimes! Now, about a nickname for you..." Vincent looked at Clara, a hand on his chin as he looked her over with an observant eye. He was quite for a second, and then... "Right! I'll call ya' Cap'n Clara! Hah! Genius, I'm brilliant. Cap'n Clara, s'perfect."

Connie sniffed dramatically, sitting up straighter. Well, okay... he was important. He was really cool. Yeah. He was liking this sense of importance Happa gave him.  

Venti Mico

Ruthless Fairy

9,600 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Loiterer 100

Akira Midoriyama

Bashful Friend

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:04 pm
"Oh, are you?" Clara asked, still smiling but with a touch of melancholy as she looked down at the grass. Joking or not, she had to question his judgement of character with how devoted he was to Andre. She was pretty sure that kind of dedication wasn't healthy for either of them and it was worrisome.

Still, there was no point in bringing it up; it wasn't as if she could hope to convince such strong-minded people that their feelings were detrimental to them. What say did she have in their private matters anyway, except maybe for being a concerned friend?

Vincent's comments on what Andre called him caused the brunette to laugh yet again, however. "What? Oh, no, I don't need a nickname!" she told him, still fighting some giggles. "Where did 'Cap'n' come from?"

Happa stated in awe, sounding completely genuine. The Leafeon glanced nervously at the large, scarred man with his trainer.  
Roleplay

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games