Welcome to Gaia! ::

GGN Moderators' Guild - NOW OPEN

Back to Guilds

We are a guild of Captains, Vice Captains, and Crew helping out those of similar rank in need and working with developers to improve guilds. 

Tags: Captain, Vice Captain, Crew 

Reply Resources & Discussion
IDEAS....IF GUILDS HAVE TO PAY FOR THEMSELVES

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

masterofdisaster1024

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:47 pm
then let the guilds pay for themselves
O_O
ok what now i am lost you might be saying
let me explain

since gaia says that everything needs to pay for itself then let the devs set up boxes below where you donate gold to the guild
put boxes there to donate gaia cash or boxes to donate thru credit cards

the cash would only be good for 30 - 45 days at a time but would be good for a whole bunch of things, a few examples are below

like an extra chat room
a way to re arrange sub forums
a way to tip posts
ways of changing the guilds home page color
allow a crew member to take over in case all the vice and the captain got banned from gaia
allow you tube videos on the guild home page
allow more functions on the moderator panel for all members in the guild

so long as so much cash was dumped into the guild then you could expect these features to continue {ie:99 gc}
if the guild members failed to dump so much cash into the guild like 99 gaia cash then the features would be disabled until the guild came up with the cash to re activate them
having the features disabled means they go back to the way they are now until you pay to re activate them

this would make the updates possible and the feature pay for its self, because as we all know gaia is very money hungry so this is a way to ensure that your guild survives and gets much needed updates

CAPTAIN'S NOTE: I edited the title per the announcement I sent out- thanks for starting the thread for us.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:51 am
I dig my toes into the sand. The ocean looks like a thousand diamonds Strewn across a blue blanket...

I think that's a good idea, but I know alot of people are very anti-gc and probably wouldn't be thrilled to have to put MORE money into Gaia's pockets over this...

...I lean against the wind, Pretend that I am weightless, And in this moment I am happy... Happy

Sarcasdick

Dangerous Gatekeeper

The one and only MAMARITA

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:31 pm
I see a couple of problems with this idea, but maybe something could be worked out.

1. I agree with Sarcasdick- many of us do not want anything to do with GC. Maybe using Gold for the functions, yes. We have been wanting a use for the Guild Treasuries, and this would be a perfect use.

2. No time limits on how long we have to use the Treasuries for what we do with the GOLD- NOT CASH. But even if they agree to use Gaia Cash, NO TIME LIMITS AND THE CHANGES ARE PERMANENT- If you want to change something back, it's going to cost your guild again.

3. So we use GOLD to do whatever we have already proposed to the Staff. WE ALREADY PROPOSED THIS AND IT WAS REJECTED.

4. Unless we agree to use Gaia Cash, they won't listen to us, and to be honest, unless a majority of the Guild CAPTAINS agree, it won't go. Remember, the Captains are the ones that paid for the guilds (except in rare instances like this one). And there has to be regulations in place from the get-go WHO will be authorized to use said Cash to do these functions.

====Right now it's up to each guild who can send announcements but who will be able to spend Gaia Cash is really going to be touchy- you are talking REAL MONEY, not Pixel money+=======

And the one thing we have been fighting all along is having to use Gaia CASH for anything for guilds....

Finally- Remember something- The monies that Gaia is raking in now is not being used for this site anymore. With the exception of minimal overhead costs, Gaia is raking in funds to build their new 18+ pay for play site. Do we really want to continue do anything that is going to run Gaia further into the sinkhole that it is falling into?

GAIA GOLD - YES GAIA CASH- NO  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:36 pm
I see a couple of problems with this idea, but maybe something could be worked out.

1. I agree with Sarcasdick- many of us do not want anything to do with GC. Maybe using Gold for the functions, yes. We have been wanting a use for the Guild Treasuries, and this would be a perfect use.

2. No time limits on how long we have to use the Treasuries for what we do with the GOLD- NOT CASH. But even if they agree to use Gaia Cash, NO TIME LIMITS AND THE CHANGES ARE PERMANENT- If you want to change something back, it's going to cost your guild again.

3. So we use GOLD to do whatever we have already proposed to the Staff. WE ALREADY PROPOSED THIS AND IT WAS REJECTED.

4. Unless we agree to use Gaia Cash, they won't listen to us, and to be honest, unless a majority of the Guild CAPTAINS agree, it won't go. Remember, the Captains are the ones that paid for the guilds (except in rare instances like this one). And there has to be regulations in place from the get-go WHO will be authorized to use said Cash to do these functions.

====Right now it's up to each guild who can send announcements but who will be able to spend Gaia Cash is really going to be touchy- you are talking REAL MONEY, not Pixel money+=======

And the one thing we have been fighting all along is having to use Gaia CASH for anything for guilds....

Finally- Remember something- The monies that Gaia is raking in now is not being used for this site anymore. With the exception of minimal overhead costs, Gaia is raking in funds to build their new 18+ pay for play site. Do we really want to continue do anything that is going to run Gaia further into the sinkhole that it is falling into?

I totally understand you not wanting users to buy gaia cash and I understand that you think it should only be a one time thing and your right it should be like that
however in gaia's twisted mind the only way it would truly pay for itself would be for it to be a monthly charge which sucks yes but the only way it could or would pay for itsself  

DIAMOND-XIII_SSC

O.G. Gaian

DIAMOND-XIII_SSC

O.G. Gaian

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:14 pm
DIAMOND-XIII_SSC

I totally understand you not wanting users to buy gaia cash and I understand that you think it should only be a one time thing and your right it should be like that
however in gaia's twisted mind the only way it would truly pay for itself would be for it to be a monthly charge which sucks yes but the only way it could or would pay for itsself

Changes made to forums cannot be undone once paid for one time, ANYTHING paid for once is PAID FOR. We aren't leasing those changes, we are BUYING THEM.

And if Gary Schofield and company don't like the idea of paid for once is ALL SALES ARE FINAL, THEN WE WON'T PAY AT ALL. Get the idea?

I get it but I wonder if gaia would get it that easily  
Resources & Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff