Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gold Diggers and Pollwhores Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild where you can do polls, polls, and more polls. Whist making friends and competing in numerous free competitions 

Tags: polls, gold, anime, active, friends 

Reply Gold Diggers and Pollwhores
Fancy Dinners and Faceplants

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Have you ever fallen?
  Yup
  Nope
View Results

Icklekins

Winter Warrior

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:16 am
And fun times were had by all...

Actually, not really.

So this weekend I went to a fancy dinner party for this reenactment group I am a part of. It is a pretty big todo - ladies in fancy dresses, guys in tuxedos, etc. There was good food, speeches, and awards. There was also a raffle - and I won some neat stuff! But, it pretty much consumed all of Saturday. I spent most of the day getting ready for it, and then at the shindig. All in all it was fun. Until the very end.

So after the party I had changed out of my heels and into some slippers for easier schlepping. I was helping pack the car up with the stuff my fiance and I won in the raffle and the cupcakes I had made for dessert. However, the parking lot was so dark I didn't see the curb stop in front of me in the lot - nor that my foot had gotten wedged in between the curb and the curb stop.

So, while I and the cupcake tray kept moving, my foot did not. I planted on the cement - hard. I fell so hard I came right out of my shoes. I scraped up my elbow to heck despite wearing a hoodie (I don't want to think about what would have happened sans hoodie). My left knee hit so hard it swelled to the size of a grapefruit and my right shin took the curb stop full on. I bruised my hand trying to catch myself.

And yesterday, despite my ails, I had to assist in moving huge walnut tree pieces around... which surprisingly did not help my ails.

All in all, I had a busy weekend. And I feel like I was hit by a mack truck.

sad  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:55 pm
Damn that sucks. I hope you get better quickly.  

DarkMoonSlayer
Crew

Feral Fatcat

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:26 pm
As bad as it sounds doesnt really sound to much like a faceplant persey.

My two main face plants which left determinant damage.

When I was ~8? I was climbing a pole outside of a church I was at (Think like a fire pole, but instead of going to the next level it just ends at the roof and is outdoors like a roof support. Well I would often climb that touch the roof and then slide or jump down. And anyways this day for some reason I took a hand off to touch the roof...and took my other hand off as well...which resulted in me losing my grip and landing face first. This chipped my right right maxillary central incisor *which was a adult tooth) so I have a perminant cap on it because of that).

Then when I was 16 during during a PE trip to the sports testing center in the near by university, after doing a test for explosive power output on a cycle. I felt dizzy and next thing I knew I was looking up at the class with the PE teacher supporting my head. That was my first first teenage seizure. When I went down I face planted and put my teeth straight through my lip

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I still have that scar you can even see the shape of my teeth ^_^. Definitly for the next hour or so the bottom half of my face was numb but when that wore off that definitly hurt a little. Still I have bailed, tripped, slipped, fell etc a lot of other ways. As a child I climbed pretty much everything I could...I still love climbing stuff when I can (Of course I am ropes qualified to run ropes courses/ziplines/climbing towers including teaching others to run them).

But yeah those were probally my best actual face plants.

In terms of doing stuff injured. I have injured myself a few times leading groups, of course I pretended that what I did didnt really hurt, so that it wouldnt really change the group dynamic. Though there was only one time I hurt myself enough for blood to seep through, but it wasnt really enough to be noticed. That was when I was leading a mountain bike group (which wasnt my specialty at all, I just had to fill in on a few mins warning and make up the lesson as I went on. which was a basic lesson. I just bailed over the handle bars when demonstrating a basic jump...so the injury was just road rash) but I got up and joked about that being "how not to do it" and then allowed them to have thier turns and then checked on it as they were going, so they wouldnt see me checking how bad it was.

Im used to pretending my injurys dont hurt, because usually my jobs just dont have time to be hurt.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:03 am
Yeah, it wasn't so much a faceplant as an alliteration to the fancy.

Falling sucks, no matter how old you are. Sage, you seem to have taken your fair share of nasty tumbles.

sad  

Icklekins

Winter Warrior

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:40 pm
Icklekins
Sage, you seem to have taken your fair share of nasty tumbles.

sad

Yeah in my list of injurys these are nothing really. Im used to injuring myself, it happens when you do a lot of stuff I guess XD.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:46 pm
Sagebomb
Icklekins
Sage, you seem to have taken your fair share of nasty tumbles.

sad

Yeah in my list of injurys these are nothing really. Im used to injuring myself, it happens when you do a lot of stuff I guess XD.

Too true.  

Icklekins

Winter Warrior

Gold Diggers and Pollwhores

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas