Submit

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 1:44 pm
She brightened considerably. "I love cooking," she admitted. "I've always loved cooking--and baking, though I'm not as adventurous in that area as I guess I could be. I did try my hand at some poke'puffs for my team not long ago... I bought a few recipes in Kalos. I could send them to you, if you want!"

She tucked her hair back, then sipped her tea as well. "I have an apartment suite, not too far from here, actually," she explained. "It's..." She hesitated a moment, gently tipping her head from side to side as she tried to figure out how to describe it best. "...not the biggest place I've lived, but it's honestly more than I need... I could have a few people over." It's not like she actually knew enough people to host a full on dinner party these days as it was. At least, not that she would be able to invite or expect to show up.

She smiled at his offer and kindness. "Thank you, but I'm not sure I would know how to host a dinner party here in Kodo... I'm sure you would be much, much better at it than I would ever be."

Lovey brushed against the woman's leg, then perked her ears and looked to Dith with an eevee smile.  
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 1:59 pm
Dith laughed and shook his head. "You know I'm not sure I have ever hosted a civilized dinner party. Had friends around for food, sure, but nothing fancy. I haven't done even that in years, but I could probably manage it. Maybe I will find an excuse sometime, invite everyone around! Humm, I would be needing more chairs and a bigger table but I could sort that out." Maybe he should get one of those tables that you could fold out to be bigger, that would be pretty cool.

"So anyway," Dith took another sip of his tea, "what are you up to at the moment?" He hadn't asked that already, right?  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 9:01 pm
She smiled brilliantly. "I'm sure you would do a phenomenal job, Dith, and I'd be more than willing to help out, if you ever decide to do it," she offered, nodding earnestly.

She carefully placed her teacup on the table and looked to Lovey as the eevee brushed up against her leg again, and answered his question as best she could. "Oh, you know... Just... training. I'm doing some volunteer work with the pokemon center downtown, too; they've taught me a lot, though it's not nearly the best they do... I give a pretty good massage to an eevee, though," she joked gently, grinning at Lovey's affirmative bark. "They've taught me a few emergency techniques--oh! I finished up another one of those rescue courses, too! The ones we talked about. I'm...far from full fledged, but I'm pretty capable of rescue techniques... I really enjoy it, actually...it's really fascinating, and I hope it comes in handy..." A slight smile, though a little more distant as she looked deeper. "I've taken up a few more editorial gigs, too, here and there again... I'm actually headed to Kalos next weekend for a full spread..." There.... that would be more than enough to go off of, right? She always preferred it when people offered her multiple things to go off of, in fear of having too little to speak of.
"What about you? I mean... with your job and training, I'm sure you have more than enough stories, hm?"  
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 8:32 am
"Ah, you took one? Good!" Though Dith smiled he really hoped it would not be useful, would not need to be. He knew that he hoped in vain, life wasn't just going to become safe but... well, he still hoped.

"All the way to Kalos?" he continued with a small raise of his brows. "Impressive!" He hadn't even known she did editing, or editorials rather; rather important difference. Was her trip being paid for or?... Probably rude to ask though, and so he didn't. "What do you write about?" That was a safe question, probably.

As for himself. "Well," Dith shrugged, "I have a lot of stories about people who have ended up with uh... foreign objects in places you wouldn't expect who definitely do not want to explain how it happened." Those were probably the most 'friendly' of his work related stories; they seldom had a bad outcome and so long as he kept it to 'this guy' he wasn't breaking any confidentiality rules. "I don't know about training stories," another shrug was given, "I mean it's all little victories, gradual steps you know? Everyone is working better as a team all the time though, with or without my input."  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:21 pm
She nodded, her smile slight. "I realized I should probably further it a little after Yuri's...accident." A slight pained grimace that faded quickly crossed her face. "I had kind of reached the end of easily found information on my own, so I thought it might be best to enroll...I don't plan to be a full fledged...nurse or doctor or anything, but field knowledge would be...useful." A little shrug. "I hope I never have to use it, but...better safe than sorry, and I would honestly rather help than hurt..."

His surprise over her editorial work earned a confused look, before a look of clarity reached her eyes, along with a gentle flush of embarrassment. "Oh, no, no... I write, but no one would ever want to read my journals," she laughed, shaking her head. "An editorial photoshoot. Like... artistic photos. Mood shots, with underlying concepts... If that makes sense?" She bit her lip. It was a little difficult to explain the different types of spread collections...

She tucked her hair back, trying not to giggle a little at his admission of stories form work. "Yikes... that sounds..." Like fun? Probably not, until afterward. She shook her head, her smile returned, then took another sip of her tea. "That's good... Who all is on your team, again? I remember a few of them, but I'm afraid it's been a while..."  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:54 pm
Better safe than sorry; Dith nodded agreement, eyebrows raising as the light dawned on another subject. "Oooh, photos! Well that makes sense, I hope it goes well!" Wait, did it make sense? Hadn't she said something about not doing it anymore or?... Well if she'd changed her mind it was all to the good, right? He assumed she enjoyed it, though he didn't understand the world of fashion and models and all of that in the least.

Noting the lack of a full response to his description of a typical anecdote Dith decided that maybe he had best save full versions for when Dove wasn't around, he was aware that his profession meant that he lived in a slightly odd world where the taboo was normal and didn't want to upset Dove's sensibilities if she wasn't entirely comfortable with it. "My team," he said instead with a nod, "there is Viktor, Teazer, and Luna," each pokemon was gestured to in turn, "and then somewhere in here Zla is hanging around, and Dolly is in her pokeball. She is a little large to be out indoors! I could really do with some more balance for my team, and just a sixth pokemon in general." He really really would get around to going out looking for wild pokemon one of these days.

They talked on for some time, and ate some more cake, but eventually Dove left about her business. Waving her off at the outside of the building Dith gave a slight sigh and turned to go back up; alas, the washing up now awaited.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas