[FIN] Things That Are New Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 5:16 pm
Dith sucked the salt and grease from the fries off his fingers, his thick golden brows knitting slightly in thought. "Soooo.... Uh. Well, what would you say if I asked you to take Horizon? I think... well honestly I think you can give her a nicer life than I can. She deserves to live with friends, not friendly adults. You know?" Well, there, he had put it out there and it was up to Hen now what she wanted to do.  
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 3:20 pm
"Huh? Really? Man, I'd say I -totally- would! Look at her and Fluffster playing! It's awesome! I'd totally take real good care of her!" Henrietta looked excited, but apprehensive. She didn't want to take the Eevee from Dith if he'd gotten attached and they didn't want to part, but she did love looking after and training new pokémon, and she was really excited at the idea of Fluffster getting a proper playmate.  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 2:46 pm
Okay? Okay! Well that... that actually took a weight off his mind. "Well, good then!" Dith smiled. "I know you would, that's why I offered. So uh... hum, you know I've never actually transferred a pokemon to somebody else before. Do you know how to do it?" If not at least they were in the right place to ask somebody!  
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 5:05 pm
"I dunno! I think we gotta go to the desk though maybe? Cuz they do the registration stuff anyway?" Henrietta grinned at the little blue Eevee who was looking between the two humans, puzzled.
"You wanna come and play with Fluffster, and me, like a... like a new sister?"
The answer received was a few quick yips, and then the two Eevees were barrelling under the table again, tails wagging.  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 10:25 am
"That makes sense," Dith replied with a nod and another quick smile. "It looks like they approve too," he continued with a nod to the pair of Eevee, "and that's what matters most, Da?" It might make Luna happier too or... he didn't know. He still hadn't been able to really get through to her, none of them had other than Teazer and perhaps Fathom. He wasn't sure what she felt for the father of her children, if anything beyond the cool dismissal she aimed at everyone else. She'd warm up eventually though, right? She'd realise they weren't going to forget about her, or get bored or.... Maybe. He lived in hope.  
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 10:08 am
"Yeah! That's totally the most important thing! It'll be totally awesome to have 'sisters' like that! That's gonna be awesome! They look happy!" Hen' seemed very very pleased, not just about the prospect of adding the Eevee to her team, but that both Eevees seemed to have taken a real liking to each other.  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 10:58 am
"Exactly," Dith nodded seriously but remained smiling. "I think family is the most important thing you can have, whether it's by blood or through friendship. Blood is thicker than water, it's a phrase that people use to mean that blood family must always be the most important but I recently found out that the original ah... saying? Proverb? Well something like that, the point is that the original version was - reputedly - 'The blood of the covenant is thicker than the water of the womb', which means something like the bond being shared between comrades was most important. Your family can be your comrades too of course but I think it's a nice phrase."

Well he'd rambled a bit there, hadn't he?

"Ehehe, sorry about that," he grinned to Hen, "went into auto babble."  
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 11:17 am
"Isn't that where they keep nuns?!" Hen' looked a little confused and didn't really fully take in the explanation, but, trying to keep up with the Doctor, added her own, vital, piece of information regarding the saying.
"Yeah! But bloods real sticky too and water's kinda watery, so blood's totally thicker than water..."  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 11:24 am
"Uh." Dith blinked, suddenly seriously questioning his English skills. "Maybe it's... both?" he suggested uncertainly. "I think it's sort of a... a very formal promise? But I also think it has religious connotations so it might also be used for where nuns live. The make a covenant in the covenant? I guess that makes sense?" He wasn't entirely sure that it was right but although he'd spoken English for longer than Hen had been alive he still wasn't a native speaker and was inclined to doubt himself on its proper usage.  
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 11:45 am
"Maybe!" Henrietta agreed readily: English may have been her native language, but it wasn't a subject she cared about enough to be aware of how to use it absolutely correctly. As long as she could talk to people, she didn't mind.
"That's probably right! Though why were the nuns bleeding? Were they warrior nuns?! Oh, man! Warrior nuns are probably awesome right? Like ninjas!"  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 10:35 am
Dith looked more baffled than ever. "Err, well I don't think the blood bit is about the nuns? But... maybe? I mean, no reason you can't have warrior nuns right? And they wear black like ninjas sooooo...." Finishing off his potato Dith moved on to the sandwich, using it to wipe up a bit of escaped sauciness from the chilli. Nothing went to waste around him, that was for sure!

"Anyway, the point is that friends can be just as important as the family you're born to, can be a family that you choose for yourself! I've always liked that thought, my own family is quite small you see so while we're all close," he smiled and shrugged, "I like to have a bit more of extended family, you know?"  
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 6:56 pm
"Yeah! I get it! Like a pokémon team and a trainer are sort of a family! That's the same! Cuz they're our friends but they live with us and help us fight and stuff and rely on us for the same!" Hen' looked pleased with the logic... and the slightly twisted logic that now made it seem as though she actually... kind of... led a team of warrior ninja nuns, maybe. In theory.  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 2:32 pm
"Mmfh!" Dith swallowed his mouthful, nodding enthusiastically. "Yes that's exactly it. Anyway! I'm glad, and I'm sure you'll have plenty of adventures together!" Hopefully none too dangerous... well at least until Hen was sixteen. It was still no age at all, if you were too young to drive or drink or vote how could you be old enough to put yourself in danger like that?... Oh well, once again it was not his decision at all and the best he could do was try to be there to help if he was needed.  
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 2:55 pm
"Thanks Dith! And you gotta come on the adventures too! 'Cuz your a friend, so you're family too, kay?" Hen' grinned, before properly polishing off her food.

The two Eevees emerged from under the table, rolling, again, in a rough and tumble play, yet again; it was a miracle they hadn't upset any other customers yet.  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 3:00 pm
Dith's grin softened to a smile and he nodded again. "Family," he agreed.

Today was a good day.  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces