IF you heard the Rumors recently about VAC and Valve

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:06 am
This should set it straight

for those of you who didnt, Valve updated VAC a couple weeks ago with new code to stop people from cheating. and i don't just mean aimbot i mean extreme hacks that people pay for designed to try and Beat VAC. well the recent update must have pissed em off cause rumors started flying that it was looking into your internet browser history and sending your DNS cache off to their servers for review. (which if it did you'd have to agree to a new ToS as it would be an invasion of privacy and could get their asses sued.) some code disassemblers got to looking and it didn't have such a function it was purely based on the game you were playing and anything interacting with it. then come yesterday from this post or so, Gabe put the story straight. so rest easy its preventing hackers from hacking and driving up the cost of said hacks to the point why bother?

Piracy, Stomped. Hacks? gettin' there.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:12 pm
That actually is a load off my mind.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:59 pm
yeah. when i first heard it was kinda upset but in the back of my mind the more i thought about it the less it made sense. mainly just to legal reasons of why they would never do something like this. then the line where gabe came forth and said "they'll say anything to keep their cost down by instilling distrust in a company" pretty much sealed the case.

from what i know of computer programming beating an anti-cheat like VAC would get expensive as time goes on to the point the little money they make off it and sales going down due to rising cost it'd make sense they'd result to trolling with bad rumors.  
Social Room

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games