Skimpy Mods = Low Confidence

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hatchet_90

Dedicated Friend

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:56 pm
Wasn't sure where to post this - either here or non-gaming. Either way, it can be moved appropriately.

Is it just me or do fan-made mods for games make any other girls feel very self-conscious? I've seen some mods for Skyrim on Steam and found myself feeling below the standards that guys want. Large breasts, unkempt but gorgeous hair, make-up, skimpy and revealing clothes.
Do guys really want their women to look like that? Is that the idea of the perfect woman? How can average girls compete?  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:50 am
I think that's exactly why that kind of thing shouldn't be done. Although I think a lot of it is exaggeration by those who don't know what's healthy. Don't mistake that exaggeration for what should be 'ideal' in real life. They're like greedy kids asking for more then they can get. It's more important to be healthy and happy with yourself than conforming to someone else's ideal.

Now, I don't play games with player-made mods (not a good PC to game on), but I do have some of my console games that have skimpy alternate costumes for female characters. I just choose to never use them.  

Ysavvryl

Peaceful Lunatic

Hatchet_90

Dedicated Friend

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:37 am
Ysavvryl

I try to be happy with myself, but there's always that insecurity when it comes to video game characters sweatdrop sounds silly when I say it. I try to avoid all mods and outfits that do that.

Thanks for your post smile  
Game chat

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff