Submit

lZAYA ORlHARA

Chatty Informer

8,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:21 pm
"I really haven't done anything to prohibit your trust either, though, have I?" the grunt answered. "I've only been kind, caring, welcoming, and concerned for your well-being. Why do you think I make it my business to know so much about you?"

The only deception readable on Nakura's face was a faint trace of his default smile, but that smile was exactly what he used to conceal his true motives and emotions. Allowing Zacharie a minute to take the information in, he finally answered, "Well 'were' is the key word there, isn't it? But what do you care? I thought you just finished telling me you didn't."

In truth, Nakura was enjoying Zacharie's reaction far too much. Seeing the look on peoples' faces as they suddenly changed their point of view was the sort of thing he lived for. The teenager's transition from thinking or pretending he didn't care about his parents to being shocked that they were dead certainly qualified. Reaching out an arm in attempt to put it around the younger grunt, he adopted a solemn expression. "It's alright; Team Rocket's your family now. You don't need anyone else."

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:27 pm
His thoughts scattered. Handfuls of questions bounced around in his mind but he was helpless to get a grasp on any of them to voice them. "Dead." He repeated softly, so lost in his thoughts that he didn't even notice the arm that wrapped around him. Zacharie had no idea how he was supposed to take this news. Remorse...sadness...anger...denial. Those were the classic signs for grieving and besides a vague sense of denial and panic...he didn't feel much of anything. He had absolutely no idea what, exactly, he was feeling.

"My family?" That's what Jerome had more or less told him when he first joined and he had more or less taken that to heart. Jerome, Lu, Faleen, and even Izaya were his family now...he shouldn't be so effected by this news. And yet...he was. "Did they...how did they die?" He asked quietly, looking over at the older man with a rather lost expression on his face.  

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

lZAYA ORlHARA

Chatty Informer

8,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:11 pm
"That's right," the older grunt agreed. "Jerry-kun's gang was his family up until they died, but now he's with us. Aila-chan was the same. When you think about it, most Rockets around here either lost their former families or burned bridges with them. It's not like you see a lot of people writing home."

Studying Zacharie's own face, Nakura tried to read what he was thinking. He'd never been all that close with his own family, personally, even if they were still alive. He often said to both himself and others that he didn't care about them and acted accordingly, but...if he had somehow gotten word that, for example, Mairu and Kururi Orihara had been killed, how would he himself have reacted? That was hard to say.

He'd built walls around his heart like he was sure Zacharie had, but no walls were impenetrable. That was how Nakura knew how to get to people, worming into their minds and hearts and planting doubt there. Or rage or fear or sadness. It was all a little unsettling how easy it could be with just a few words.

When Zacharie turned to him asking another question, the crimson-eyed man blinked, drawn out of his own thoughts. He forced a small laugh. "Ne, are you sure you want to ask me that? You don't even know if what I said is the truth." Which he knew it was, but...if this was such a shock to the young Rocket, what would he do if he found out they'd been murdered? It would have been a lot to take in for anyone.

Nakura figured it was best for Zacharie to have some time to take it all in before he sought out more facts. Not that Nakura was concerned about Zacharie's well-being or mental state or anything; why should he have been? But if the younger grunt started acting odd or falling apart or breaking into hysterics, Nakura knew for sure the blame would be pinned on him and he hadn't forgotten that he was already on a strike system.

Double-checking the info-broker's facts would give Zacharie the time he needed to absorb the information he'd just received. And, perhaps, the older grunt wouldn't have to be the one to break to him all the not-so-pleasant details surrounding their loss of life. Maybe he'd find it out on his own.

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 1:29 am
Zacharie's eyes narrowed in some strange mixture of anger and scrutiny, his already sharp expression morphing into something rather intimidating. Was Izaya just messing with him to get a reaction out of him? While part of him said that yes, that was probably what the older man was doing...another part of him couldn't really fathom it. "Tell me how they died." He said, his voice tight but soft with restrained emotion. "You must know that I will look into the matter myself...and you want to see my reactions right? That's why you even bothered telling me in the first place, isn't it?" He stood abruptly from his seat, suddenly unable to be near the other.

He felt trapped in his own skin and he had to curb the urge to start pulling on his hair or scratching at his arms.

He wanted to leave. He wanted to be by himself. He wanted to scream.

He felt frantic and only his previous experience with panic attacks kept him from beginning to hyperventilate. "Tell me!" He exclaimed, his hands clenched into tight fists at his sides.  

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

lZAYA ORlHARA

Chatty Informer

8,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 2:22 pm
Noticing the younger grunt's change in demeanor, Nakura's small smile remained, but his eyes hardened, as if not a part of the same face. "Well look at that," he said quietly, meeting Zacharie's glare. "You really are like him..."

Smile disappearing into a flat line, he shook his head. "I told you because I wanted to earn your trust. So you would know I tell the truth." Even if the emotional reaction thing was an added bonus. Still, it wasn't as candid if the other knew what he was looking for. "That's why, as you said, I'm counting on you to look into the matter yourself. You're a smart fellow. You don't need an information broker to tell you about your family. Why would you want to hear it from me, anyway?"

Seemed about time for the purpler-haired grunt to be left alone. He would probably process things better that way, introverted as he was. Nakura got up and pushed in his chair. "Take deep breaths, or you're going to pass out," he said calmly. "And maybe when you're feeling better...you might feel inclined to do more grunt work, ne?" Headed toward the library door, he smiled mirthlessly over his shoulder. "After all, it's easier to contemplate things when you're doing mindless tasks rather than when you're reading or messing with chemicals and other hazardous materials."

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 11:20 pm
Him?
Who was this 'him' and why was Izaya saying something that his parents used to say?

"I'm like who?" He asked, crossing his arms over his chest in an unconscious display of insecurity. "They...they used to say things like that all the time and now you've said it. Who are you talking about?" Apparently, whoever he was like wasn't particularly someone that people liked judging by the way Izaya said it and the way his parents used to whisper it, as if they were afraid of what that meant.

"I trust you...well enough." He said with a slight frown. "And who else would I rather hear it from? The police, a file, my family? You probably noticed but I don't have anything to do with them." As far as he knew he didn't have any other relatives. He knew, vaguely, of his grandparents on his father's side but he'd never had any sort of contact with them. Though it seemed like the other grunt wasn't going to say anything more on the matter. He completely ignored whatever babble came out of the others mouth as he left the room. "Hm." He waved a hand dismissively as he lowered himself back into his seat, his gaze distant and thoughtful.  

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

lZAYA ORlHARA

Chatty Informer

8,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 10:03 pm
"Who? No one; nothing," the grunt answered dismissively. Though...assuming the 'they' was referring to his parents, that was an intriguing little bit of information. Still, Zacharie didn't need to know. Not just yet.

"Really? Could've fooled me," Nakura replied to the purple-haired grunt's claim that he trusted him. "That all depends on who you consider 'family' these days, now doesn't it? With how close you've gotten to Jerry-kun, especially in my absence, I would have thought you might have preferred to hear such a thing from him."

Though he said this with a relatively monotone voice, if Zacharie was paying attention, he might have noticed the flicker of pain that shone in Nakura's eyes for a fraction of a second. "I figured he knew everything about you and your past by now with how well you two get along. But maybe you've been keeping it from him because you'd rather him not know." He shrugged as he left. "Not like it's my business."

Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff