Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:35 am
"A pokemon battle?" Ryuko clarified - it seemed like a safe assumption, given the earlier direction of their conversation - an eyebrow raised. "I'm not really into that League stuff." The more honest interpretation was that she didn't know how battles worked, but the words she gave instead were truthful enough in their own right.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:55 pm
Ray threw her hands up "Good! Because neither am I. We've never really met eye to eye when it matters anyway." the taller women chuckled and glancing to the Scizor when she confirmed that it would be a pokemon battle.
"It can be whatever you want it to be, but seeing as Double Stripe and I work together, you might want to include your partner too."  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:47 pm
"I don't know," she replied warily. "Isn't the point of a pokemon battle the fact that it's just between pokemon? I don't really do that kind of stuff - I fight for myself." And punching a giant grass snake for no good reason just seemed... kind of weird.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:54 pm
"It might be for the league, but didn't you just say that you're not into the League stuff."

Double Stripe let out a light hiss of exasperation as he was slowing realizing that he might not get a battle after all.
Ray too arched an eyebrow though still with a wide grin on her lips.
"You two seem to close after such little time, I was kinda curious to see how you work together." She looked to the Scizor "Are battles just not your thing?"  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:16 pm
League battling was the only battling she had any exposure to, as little exposure as it was, but as far as she knew, it mostly made sense; she just didn't want to learn and adhere to all the rules, and fighting with her own two hands was more fulfilling anyway. Fighting a pokemon in direct combat just didn't seem terribly intelligent, though, given the power they typically possessed.

"Not really," she said, shrugging, and pointed a thumb at the Scizor, "This guy is the first pokemon I've ever had, so I never really learned anything about battling."  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:22 pm
"Might be a good time to see what you two are made of huh?" Ray pointed out.
"Alright, come on, its just a battle, whatever style you want, you in or you out?"

"Ser, Ser." Double Stripe lashed out his long tongue, eying Ryuko closely.  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:17 pm
Frowning, she ran her fingers through her bangs with a loud sigh, "I was planning on just relaxing for the day since it took so long to get here, but if you're gonna insist on it," she pushed herself up to her feet, "then I guess it goes against my credo to turn down a challenge. But I don't do all that pokemon battling stuff - if Senketsu's fighting, so am I."  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:25 pm
"By all means," Ray said with a gesture. She fully expected the girl to fight too, though she guessed the girl was still assuming that Ray played by League rules.
Do what you can to win, period.

Ray crossed her arms, glancing over to Double Stripe who slithered forward, rolling his head lightly in preparation for the battle.
This wasn't without purpose for Ray, she would get a better idea of how they interacted with one another, she couldn't ask for a more perfect opportunity.
"Come on, rest is for the weak." Ray teased, standing her ground and watching as her partner took up a position in front of her.
"You've even got the type advantage."  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:57 am
Ryuko rolled her wrists and flexed her fingers, cracking the joint of each knuckle and watching as the woman stood back and let her pokemon advance to the field. This was part of what she disliked about classic battling - so many trainers treated it like a spectator sport where they could just stand off to a side and let their pokemon do the dirty work for them. She stretched her arms over her head to limber up and stepped forward, her Scizor reflexively moving to her side. "Counting on you for backup, Senketsu," she announced quietly, receiving a curt nod in reply as she fell into a comfortable posture for combat.

...Or, anticipated combat, at least. She was used to facing off against human foes, and while she was at least familiar with Serperior as a species, she wasn't exactly sure how to go about taking one down physically. She didn't generally like yielding the first blow, but in this case she felt more secure responding than initiating, and so she raised her guard and held her ground.  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff