Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gold Diggers and Pollwhores Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild where you can do polls, polls, and more polls. Whist making friends and competing in numerous free competitions 

Tags: polls, gold, anime, active, friends 

Reply Gold Diggers and Pollwhores
When Is The Right Time

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Snakes Are?
  Creepy!!!
  Cool!!
  -.-
View Results

canela gatito

Bashful Dreamer

12,300 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:36 pm
To tell someone you know they have some hot breath??!!?!!?!?? I mean I don't want to be mean or anything but daaaang they are always wanting to get up in my face when they talk to me and I can only hold my breath for so long. I have offered gums and candies aand they refuse. Should I offer again and say...."oh yes you do want",or is that too harsh??  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:39 pm
How you approach it I think depends on your relation to this person.

Family member, friend, significant other, distant friend/relation, friend of a friend, college, street hobo you gave a quarter to once etc etc.

"Sit down with your friend in a private setting and be direct. Begin the conversation by telling them you believe there is something they would want to know and that you aren't sure they are aware of the problem.
Or, if you know the person is sensitive, you may need to be more cautious about your approach. Delicately bring up the issue by carrying mints with you. Take one yourself first and then offer one to your friend who has bad breath. If the person doesn't accept, Fitzpatrick says it is acceptable to offer a nudge by simply saying, "I think you should.""

I would say, if you do spend a bit of time with this person, without being over bearing tell them that recently thier breath has been kind of strong, and that since you care about them you dont want others to judge them for it. So that they know you are looking out for them.  

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

AngelAmy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:57 pm
Don't talk to them anymore... lol no

Just like Sagebomb says, it depends how well you know them. And, always use humour. Or you could say, "I think you've been eating too much garlic recently, p..... u.....".  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:50 pm
You could pull a Gibbs :3
-slaps down pack of breath mints next to smelly-breath-person and leaves-  

Shannon Kyra Liannanon

Perfect Phantom

8,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Timid 100

canela gatito

Bashful Dreamer

12,300 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:19 pm
Sagebomb

Thank you so very much for your time and advice. This is someone I see everyday who is super sensitive and I think your approach to taking them in private at the right time is a great way of getting through.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:44 am
Hypodermic_Peace

Thank you so very much for your time and advice. This is someone I see everyday who is super sensitive and I think your approach to taking them in private at the right time is a great way of getting through.

No worries no body wants to be told they have issues, but at the same time if they dont know they would rather know. Of course if they do know already it might be a actual problem they have. If so you can ask them what they do about it. If so you can suggest several basics like

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/37193754/ns/health-oral_health/t/home-remedies-bad-breath/#.UyhNTfRDvpw  

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

[.Rushan.]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:17 pm
Can be such a hard topic, I agree with Sage though. It's something I would want to be made aware of, but then again in a cautious manner.  
Gold Diggers and Pollwhores

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games