Reply Roleplay
[PRP] Deep in the Forest

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tymiko

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:30 pm
A girl wearing a bored expression hung upside down by the back of her knees from a branch, her black hair and arms swaying gently as they hung toward the ground. She sighed and attempted to lower herself a little more, swinging with the momentum of her body and stretching her fingers out to grab a lower bough.

Just when she grasped her target, she unlocked her legs from the overhanging branch. The unexpected weight fell a little too soon and, loose as her grip was on the lower branch, her hands slipped. She fell to the ground before she could utter a sound, the wind knocked out of her lungs as she landed on her back.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:43 pm
Lin spent... way too much time back in the forests, probably. But a lot of places had -entirely- different trees to the ones around his home... Lots of land was different... Pokémon were different. Just in -forests-. That was an excuse really- he just found trees, of any kind, interesting and rather comforting; homely.

He /supposed/, accidentally or not, that he had 'acquired' a bit of a theme... So many grass types after all (it wasn't that he didn't -want- other types, but grass... they were reliable enough) and his woodland wanderings did rather lend to a stereotype... Though, he supposed, he didn't care -too- much after all.
Forests made him happy, and so did plant types.

Today, though, he'd come across something distinctly larger than a Pidgey, and definitely not a plant... Not a pokémon even.
The fall, and the resulting sound, had pulled his interest and brought him, and Jeeves, through the trees, to sit on a branch not far from where the girl had fallen.
Didn't look like a trap, didn't look like a rocket... She had fallen, he was reasonably sure of that...
"You all right?!" He called, cautiously descending (or rather, being cautiously lowered by Jeeves) from the branch, with a vine around him.  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Tymiko

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:53 pm
Eyes wide, the girl opened her mouth to speak, but it took her a minute to even summon enough air back into her lungs to breathe. By the time she managed it, most of said air was spent coughing as she lay where she was, followed by a faint groan.

Her dirt-stained clothes were rather worn and her hair somewhat disheveled. It was clear from her appearance that she had been out in the wilderness for quite some time; not really starving, but not exactly well-fed, either. The girl hardly moved but for the slow rise and fall of her chest. Her belt, which appeared to be the sort meant to hold minimized pokeballs, was bare.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:59 am
Was this 'in fashion' this year or something? This really didn't seem to happen /that/ much around Sandalwood, or hadn't while he'd been living there... Maybe it was just other places that had girls wandering into the forest and injuring themselves...
"Uh. Well, I'll take that as a 'no' then." Lin interpreted the cough and hurried over. He was fairly used to what the forest tended to do with one's appearance...
"Huh. You've been out here a while? Live here?" That would be kind of neat; outside of Ray, he didn't know very many other people who lived in the forests, or just outside, all the time.
"Looks like you had quite a bad fall... You really should try and climb with a partner, you know- a pokémon; tends to make it a little safer."
He frowned. He was going to have to call the emergency thingy again... If this girl had a gear, anyway.

"Do you have a name?" That seemed a logical first place to start. Yes she'd been coughing before, but she was conscious... Was it good to offer someone water if they'd fallen? Probably not, for now, anyway, he decided.

Jeeves approached cautiously and began to move in a circle around the two humans, checking for other pokémon, or people... Just in case.  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Tymiko

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:29 pm
After a few minutes of some deep breathing, the girl sat up and flinched as Lin approached her. "What? No. I mean yes. I mean...kind of," she blurted at his questions. "Sorry, I was just winded. I'm fine now." Glancing around, she added, "There was a pokemon around here, but she's...not here right now, I guess." Getting to her feet with a grunt, she dusted herself off, making a big deal of showing she was alright. Well, other than being a little sore.

"I'm Tymiko," she answered seriously, holding out a hand to shake. "I don't think I've seen you before." Noticing the grass-type out the corner of her eye, the corners of her mouth turned up in a smile. "Hi! Are you with him?" she asked Jeeves, jabbing a thumb at Lin.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:57 am
"Oh, good!" Lin grinned with a little bit of surprise, and some relief, as Tymiko righted herself. "You're up; I was worried I was going to have to borrow your gear and call someone... But you're all right, right?"

Jeeves wandered over as Lin took the girl's hand as she offered to shake.
"Lin. I think I've seen you once, somewhere- you look sort of familiar- but, yeah, I'm not usually out this way; can't resist having a good explore around a forest though."

Jeeves eyed the pair warily, then straightened up and offered a kind of a bow, as he was addressed.
"Yep. He's Jeeves. So, your pokémon comes and goes a lot or just a forest friend?"  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Roleplay

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas