Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { After School Special } -----Character Plotting
HEADCANON TO CANON- Idea Storm 2014

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:26 pm
As a GM the biggest and most amazing aspect of my job is the ability to help shape the shop with either events, story lines, or player plots. While The GMs might already have plans in the works I'd like to hear what PLAYERS feel should be canon. Or perhaps, headcons they think should be but as of yet- do not.

Such as:

• In HTown there is a suburban neighborhood under the lake- complete with it's own shopping center and park and elementary school.
  • Once a year, City hall has an open intership program for future politicians- they take to various public official's sides and learn just what it means to be a servant of the people, for the people.
  • The city graveyard is actually a necropolis suburb home to a very lively undead community with some of the best outdoor 'rawouts' this side of the pumpkin sun!
  • There is a family of traveling glowclouds that are well known talk show reverends and one of their churches stands atop a hill at the city's edge. The church looks like a fast food diner.
  • There is a reaper only summer school called Westley Whiterobe Wizard, Witch and Warlock Warcamp where reapers who are struggling in spells can expected to be sent to become magic masters, prankster princes and princesses, and skilled summoners. Or just flunk outs and drop outs.

The possibilities really are quite endless!
However smaller headcanons exist such as how perhaps, a famine horseman would grow crops, or how an undead student orders body parts illegally and where, what human based foods exist and what they taste like. Small to large, Players have headcanons. Some are muted, some are loud. Some become real with play and don't really get known outside of a few, others get a chance to shape the very world all players interact in.

I'd like to hear from players what they have thought would be cool additions to the world- big and small. What they've brought into play and what they'd like seen BROUGHT IN as either events, places, things, etc.

This isn't about NPCs or personal chars- this more about the world and it's mechanics- the factors that make up life in halloween.
It applies to both horsemen and to halloween!

Why do this?
I have a line up of various things to roll out (open courses for horsemen along w/ their learned abilities), as well as 3 classes- two of which will 'unlock' locations in Halloween as places on interest with ongoing events.
But what good are these things if players have no interest? If they don't get to have their ideas become realities? THUS-
POST YOUR CANONS, TRUE AND UNTRUE. USED IN RP AND ONLY HAPPENING IN YOUR HEAD-
I'll try to use some to highlight them in upcoming events, or to perhaps pick them for future projects to roll out! Maybe other GMs will as well!
Share with me guys- what do you wanna see?  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:35 pm
I know we have a lot f hellhounds out there and I like to think they are mostly pack societies. For my own, I have backstoried three packs that are big in their area: cocytus, umbra, and maero.

Cocytus

- Demon
- Stereotypical: magic aligned, manipulative, extravagant, higher class
- Azure-flame (cold-fire)
- Single Alpha (currently being held by a personal NPC/quest)
- Live on an estate built into a mountain
- Duty: Guides those to their end. (benevolent)

Maero

- Undead
- Sadistic, physically aligned, and believes everyone is fair game
- Single Alpha
- Live in a dense forest with bones absolutely everywhere: See 'elephant graveyard'
- Welcomes monsters to form hunting parties.
- Duty: Scavenge the dead and set them to rest among others.

Umbra

- Monster
- Proud, strong, determined hunters and fighters
- Shadow manipulation
- A council of Alphas (2-3)
- Hidden away, only granted permission could enter their small territory.
- Tribe like
- Duty: Tracks down those try to escape death.

I know there are at least two other packs, why not compile a list of known families out there?

Also Fang Snare - an herb that grows along a vine in the woods that are often found snaking up trees. They are shaped as fangs, the sides of the leaves curling under themselves and called snare because of the vine growing around trees. It burns with an vanilla chai w/ mixed spice fragrance and gives off very little smoke, almost like an incense.

PhiferWolf

Loyal Werewolf

Aazhie

Greedy Wolf

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:12 am
Some minor headcanons I've been pondering:

Herds of wild monsters that are a bit more primitive or viking like that maraud around smaller towns. I'm thinking a bit like Krampous style, and they'd exchange gifts for fear, or some sort of ritual like that. ^^ I haven't seen any Krampus themed students and they are great wild demons that don't fit the mold of savvy, sophisticated demons

Halloween doctors- I'd like to know if there's already established ideas on this kind of thing,but Hellraiser style doctors, your worse Malpractice nightmares just seem too awesome not to be at least a background kind of thing. I'm just a big fan of creepy medical and old fashioned insane asylum horror themes NOT to suggest this ^^ (Also have a creepy monster char idea I'd really like to- ha ha- flesh out)  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:02 pm
I had headcanons that helldogs and demons and such lived in underground cities ahahaha because HELL  

Melodine Cantus

Melodious Star

15,425 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Caroling Champ 100

prolixity
Crew

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:09 am
- Although Fearhealing is different from Human-world medicine, the fear of illness, injury, and hospitals frequently produces hospital and asylum structures in Halloween, antique all the way up to modern style. These buildings are often used as residential or office space.

- Due to the wide range of body structures possessed by sentient beings, a wide range of niche specialty clothing stores can be found in any decent sized city. Stores in smaller towns have tailors who can modify generic clothing to fit your special anatomy.

- Anywhere you find caverns, catacombs, sewers, basements, or other interconnected underground structures, there's probably a grue clan making its home nearby. They are natural scavengers who deal with waste of all types, as well as generally being involved in some kind of shady (heh) dealings. Need something acquired or gotten rid of in a less than totally above-ground way? The grues will help, for a fee.  
{ After School Special } -----Character Plotting

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games