Submit

Venti Mico

Ruthless Fairy

9,600 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Loiterer 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:07 pm
Freedom from an overbearing dad had opened up a certain pink haired girl to a whole new world. Namely, a whole new world of fashion, and fashion was a very serious thing apparently. The store Aija had wandered to had a lot of clothes. A lot. She wasn't sure where to begin looking, and honestly she wasn't sure what exactly she was looking for.

Aija had no occasion for a dress, but here she was, meandering by racks of dresses. Back home the only dresses she'd ever had were the ones she wore during festivals and holidays. Those were traditional, she wouldn't be caught wearing hers outside of a festival(not unless she wanted to look like some old grandma...). These dresses were nothing like those dresses- some of these didn't look long enough to cover up your rear. Aija picked out a random floral, purple dress, staring at it, deeply in thought. This would look good, right?  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:14 pm
Her accident had changed a lot of things, and the most notable one - in a number of ways - was her appearance. Once she'd lost her arm, Sera had ceased wearing make-up, dresses, and high heels - anything that she used to wear to draw attention had been completely foregone in favor of more subtle or typical clothes, to keep attention away from her, and especially away from her arm. While she did wear short sleeved shirts sometimes, she still preferred hoodies to keep up the appearance that she still had an arm - one she hid in the front pocket of said hoodies - if only to prevent people from noticing and gawking like they were wont to do.

Today was no different, really, except for the fact she'd wandered into a store she used to frequent, though she had no idea why. As much as she wanted to wear the dresses there, she wouldn't let herself. Regardless of any of that, she continued to wander around, Anastasia at her heels as she passed by various racks of dresses, occasionally picking out nicer looking ones to look at them more closely, then simply put them back with a sigh.

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Venti Mico

Ruthless Fairy

9,600 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Loiterer 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:21 pm
Alright, so there was a chance Aija had no idea where the changing rooms were. And it wasn't so much a chance as it was a fact, but whatever. She'd find it. ...But Aija spotted a person before she spotted the changing rooms, and that person looked like she was interested in dresses too, and probably knew more about them. So, Aija trotted up to the brunette girl browsing dresses.

"Hello! I see you are looking at dresses, and I too am looking at these," Aija greeted, though a bit quiet to be polite. "Er, I was wondering if you might be knowing where I could be finding the changing room..? I was thinking I could try this dress on, maybe." She asked, lifting up the bulky purple dress to show the slightly taller girl.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:34 pm
Sera wasn't sure what surprised her more - the fact that a girl was suddenly in her way and talking to her; the fact that the girl spoke in that way; the fact that the girl was actually shorter than her; or the fact that the girl had picked out such an atrocious dress. Maybe it was a combination of all of them, but the brunette was left speechless for a few moments. "Uhh," said the eloquent and verbose young woman. "They're... over there?" She said, though it was almost a question, as she raised her hand to indicate the general direction of the fitting rooms.

The gesture lowered to indicate the dress instead as she added hesitantly, as if hoping the answer was no, "You weren't actually gonna try that on, were you?" She was joking, right? She'd look like a giant blob in that bulky, poofy thing.

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Venti Mico

Ruthless Fairy

9,600 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Loiterer 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:38 pm
Aija turned and looked where the girl pointed, then turned to her again and nodded. "Thank you very much, miss! Ah... huh?" Well, Aija had certainly planned on trying the dress. She wondered if there was something wrong with it- was it one you weren't supposed to try on? Feeling unsure about it all, Aija lowered the dress and looked up again.

"Well, this was the plan, to try it on... is that not good? I do not know much about dresses..." Aija said, looking at the nearest rack of dresses with a quizzical look.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:46 pm
"Well," she started hesitantly, as if unsure whether or not to continue before deciding that she should, "you could try it on if you wanted to look like an overstuffed purple puffball or something like that, but I'm gonna go ahead and guess you don't really wanna be a puffball." Or who knew, maybe she did want to be a puffball? Maybe that was what she was into, though Sera wouldn't understand why. It was so unattractive.  

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Venti Mico

Ruthless Fairy

9,600 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Loiterer 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:50 pm
"A puffball?" Aija asked incredulously. A puffball! ...Would she really look like a puffball? She looked at the dress, then broke into a grin. "I... think you are possibly, most likely, right!" The girl hung the dress back up on the nearest rack. "Uh... well, I have seen people wear the poofy ones, so... huh... um, miss? Do you know much about dresses? If it is not so much a bother, could you help me find one?" Aija asked, head ducked with a small bit of shyness. She hated asking for help! ...But it was necessary if she wanted a nice dress.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:56 pm
A puffball, yes, a puffball. What did she mean? Of course she was right - but there it was, this girl obviously didn't know the first thing about dresses. It was actually kind of sad; how could a girl go so long without knowing anything about what dresses they'd actually look good in. "Well... I don't really have anything else to do, so I guess?" It would be a better use of her time than sighing over all the cute dresses she didn't think she could pull off anymore. Or she guessed it would be, anyway.

"Uhh.." How to start, though? "I guess... Well, do you know what kind of styles you'd like for a dress?" She at least knew that much, right? At the very least she didn't want to look like a puffball, so that was something.

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Venti Mico

Ruthless Fairy

9,600 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Loiterer 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:07 am
"Wonderful!" She chirped, bouncing on her feet as she hurried off to a different rack of dresses. Everything was much more fun with people around! But... what exactly was she looking for? Aija had to think about it for a moment, stopping and putting a hand to her chin. "I do not know much about the dress styles, but is there one that is, ah... hm.. how do I say this? Would like one that is good for normal things, such as walking around the city! Nothing that is too... wham! In your face! You know? I believe the word is... 'casual'?"  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:16 am
"Casual... All right," she said with a light frown. Well that didn't narrow it down that much, but it was still better than nothing. The brunette followed the other girl - who she was quite happy to finally realize was a little shorter than her - to the racks of dresses. "What's your name, by the way? I'm Sera," she said, as she moved to the different racks and fingers through the various dresses, gravitating more towards ones that could be considered more casual. Introducing herself was probably a good thing to do, given she was apparently helping this girl find a dress now.  

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Venti Mico

Ruthless Fairy

9,600 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Loiterer 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:43 am
Aija pulled out another dress as Sera spoke, grimacing when she realized it was hideously bejeweled down the sides and shoving it back onto the rack. "My name is Aija, good to meet you Miss Sera!" Aija replied, tugging out a pink sundress. It was simple, a few small embroidered flowers on the straps and a little white belt around the middle. Aija turned around and held it up for Sera to see.

"What are you thinking of this? It is a lot of pink, it might be too much for me..." She said, frowning. She liked the dress, but with her mane of pink hair she'd probably look like a pink disaster. Even with her hair braided and tucked into a hat, it seemed like a lot of pink to her. Aija held the dress out, then looked at Sera with squinted eyes. "I think this would be a better dress for you! Would be very pretty!"  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:31 pm
'Miss Sera'? She hadn't been called anything like that in a while - and certainly not in a store - but she shrugged it off and continued looking around, until the girl practically shoved a dress at her. "Yeah, it might be too much pink for you," she said after a few moments, but shrugged again. "If you found one that was like... white or something, with some pink on it, that'd look a lot better." The suggestion of her wearing it caused Sera to immediately shake her head emphatically, "Nope. No, I don't do flowers. Plus I don't wear dresses much anymore - definitely not any with flowers. Nope." That said, she turned and fingered through some more of the dresses.

"Oh, here we go," she said as she pulled out a simple, pale blue dress with only a few embellishments, then held it up to Aija so she could see how it looked on her. "Something like this, maybe..."

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Venti Mico

Ruthless Fairy

9,600 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Loiterer 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:14 pm
"White, white with some pink... will keep that in mind, yes," Aija nodded, disappointedly putting the dress back on the rack after Sera rejected trying the dress on. Aija thought it'd be much more fun if they were both trying on dresses, and this Sera lady was pretty; she'd look great in a dress! "You do not? Not even if we are finding a dress that is without flowers? You are pretty and have good face, though..." Aija mumbled, confused.

Aija looked over the blue dress and nodded, wide eyed. "I like this one! It is matching colours with my eyeballs! I would like trying this one on, but... you are very sure you do not want to try on dresses too? Even if I am to promise I won't laugh if you try a bad one?" She asked, almost teasing.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:17 pm
Thankfully she ceased her attempts to get her to try on a dress, but... 'matching colors with my eyeballs'...? "Where did you say you were from again?" Sera asked with a raised eyebrow, because really, who talked like that? "Oh, no, no; I don't want to try anything on," she added hastily with a firm shake of her head. Nope - did not. Not even a little.  

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Venti Mico

Ruthless Fairy

9,600 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Loiterer 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:24 pm
"I have said, I am from Latvia! But I am also part Russian. Half and half, this is me!" Aija said cheerfully, looking to Sera with a big grin. When she confirmed she wouldn't be trying anything on, Aija puffed out her cheeks for a moment in a pout. Maybe the girl was just scared of dresses? "You are awfully nice person, to help me find good dress, but not even look at dresses for yourself. Do you not like dresses? ...You know what I do not understand? Why is it in English you say things are 'awfully' to mean very? Seems like you are saying it is bad... not that I was saying you are bad nice! You are good nice, this is what I mean!"  
Roleplay

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games