Welcome to Gaia! ::

Matope

Back to Guilds

Tags: matope, kimeti, pets, breedables, Role-playing 

Reply Quests
[Active] The Creed (Quest for Assassins Creed Kin)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AChocolateMouse

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 10:08 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Welcome to my quest. I have been pondering long and hard what I want to quest for in the way of kin. I haven't done much character building or roleplaying recently and was having trouble deciding what I wanted to quest for, even though I really wanted to pursue a unique Kin.

Well, recently inspiration struck and I am now pursuing Kin with edits and colors based off of the characters from Assassins Creed. These characters have vibrant backstories and personalities that translate well into the shop and make for dynamic roleplaying situations. The characters are vague enough to be interpreted in multiple fashions, so my specific plans for the characters will be listed below as well as who they are based on and a bit about history behind the characters and series. Please offer up what help or support you can! I hope that I will get to see these Kin in their most final forms some day!  
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 10:29 am
The Creed

Assassins Creed is a game series following a group of individuals bound by the ideals of the Assassins Creed. "The Creed" is the guiding philosophies of the Order of Assassins to promote peace, wisdom, and the preservation of the Order. The Creed is based off of the following principles;

"Stay your blade from the flesh of an innocent"
"Hide in plain sight"
"Never compromise the Brotherhood"

These tenants lead to the three great ironies, observations that describe the contradictions between the Creed, and the actions of the Assassins who follow it. They are:
1.The Assassins seek to promote peace, but commit murder.
2.The Assassins seek to open the minds of men, but require obedience to rules.
3.The Assassins seek to reveal the danger of blind faith, yet practice it themselves.

Though seemingly hypocritical, the ironies do not undermine the Assassins' cause. Rather, they demonstrate the way in which they embrace contradiction, that one may be two things – opposite in every way – simultaneously.

The philosophy of the creed is summed up in a short phrase, the phrase on which the characters in this quest are based.

"Nothing is True, Everything is permitted"

In the games it is stated that; "To say that nothing is true, is to realize that the foundations of society are fragile, and that we must be the shepherds of our own civilization. To say that everything is permitted, is to understand that we are the architects of our actions, and that we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."

Within the context of this, the characters I will be crafting will be following primarily the philosophy of the Creed as I have seen to interpret it. That in short, truth and morals are flexible and based upon the whims of an ever-changing society and that what those things are is what we make them to be.
So what is known to be true by one person (such as the belief in a god, or perhaps that the earth is round) is not what the truth is for another (who may know there is no god and believe that the earth is flat). Similarly, what is "wrong" or "right" is circumstantial and it too is based on an ever changing society. Things that are wrong at one time (women wearing pants or killing someone) may be completely acceptable at other times (modern society, or self-defense). And as such the Assassins Order seeks to pursue peace through freedom of the individual and will commit acts contradictory to that (such as murder) in order to preserve the right of any individual to choose their own path.  

AChocolateMouse

AChocolateMouse

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 10:57 am
"Nothing is True" (Altaïr Ibn-La'Ahad)

Character Reference Image

User Image
User Image
Possible design examples, where the hood is a white mane of hair, grown and styled to resemble the Assassin's hood as a symbol of the Order, falling deep around the face, covering most of the eyes as shown in the first picture. The markings are just tasteful stripes and swirls resembling the costume... Open to interpretation, of course!

Nothing is True would be a Kin based on the character Altair, an Assassin alive during the Crusades who traveled the Holy Land, destroying an order known as the Templars who believe in peace and unity through control and order. While both orders shared the goal of peace, the concept of unity through control is in direct opposition to the philosophy of the Creed and so the Templars are their most prominent opposition and typically hold positions of public power.
The character Nothing is True would be a Kin who, like Altair, lays down the philosophical foundation for the Order. Wise and quiet, he bides his time and thinks carefully upon his actions before he acts. He always tries to act for the greater good, even if that means staying out of the picture or not providing guidance. His goal is the pursuit of knowledge and believes there is no higher calling than to seeking understanding of our world. He is a serious and stoic character that lives and breathes the creed every day.  
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 11:25 am
"Everything is Permitted" (Ezio Auditore)

Character Reference

User Image
User Image
User Image
Possible Kin Designs. Hair is once again the hood, however, the hood has changed. The hood itself is smaller, revealing more of the face and half way down the shoulders the mane turns from white to red, falling over his shoulder like the half-cloak from the game. The general costume is more elaborate than Altairs, however, I am not sure how that would translate to kin. He is also younger and should generally have less white on him. I'd love the see the Assassin's symbol worked into the design somehow.
There are two legit ways for the red cape to be his hair... Either the hair stretches further down the back, across the shoulders more, and it longer and red in the back.
OR, it could be a continuation of the front hair, being exceptionally long and draped over his shoulder, and turning red about half-way down.

Ezio Auditore lived in Renaissance Italy, the son of a wealthy banker and Assassin. Half family was killed by the Templars when he was a young adult, executed in front of him on false charges. Driven by passion and revenge, Ezio took up the mantle of his father and became an Assassin, intent on taking down the Templar order, which continued to insidiously create chaos and fear in order to control society. He continued on to become a wiser man in his age, rediscovering the philosophies and secrets left behind by Altair hundreds of years before. Ultimately he retired as an assassin when he was much older.

Everything is Permitted as a Kin would be the embodiment of the concept. Passionate and dedicated, he pursues justice and freedom in a vigilante like style. He is a ladies man with many connections, and though not thoughtless he relies more on action than philosophy. Everything is Permitted enjoys finer things in life and is more willing to relax and set his mantle down in order to simply enjoy things.  

AChocolateMouse

AChocolateMouse

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 11:37 am
Possible third character! This one is under spoilers tags for anyone who has yet to play the first game to the ending! Major spoilers for the first game are contained within!

Possible names; Father of Understanding
Traitor to Faith
Brother's Betrayal
(Al Mualim)

Al Mualim is the traitorous Mentor to Altair. He uses Altair to take down the Templar Order, solely to pursue the Templar goals for his own selfish reasons. While initially a believer in the Creed, he later became disenchanted with a world that would not accept peace and understanding and so sought out the Apple of Eden, an artifact with the power to control people's minds, as so to force the world to see as he did.

As a Kin he would work in the shadows to support chaos and tyrannical control. He would whisper words of poison in the ears of those who would have power, and control's people through manipulation and lies. He is the snake in the garden of Eden, and would seek to support those who would seek power and control, all for his own gain.

This is the least fleshed out of my concepts and the one I desire the least but he could be really super cool.

Quests

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games