Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Amorpheous
Crew

Human Human

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 1:36 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. If he were capable of staring down at the bird he would. Instead, he stood there near it, so near it, with his eyes closed, trying to imagine how it should look in his mind. The shape it took was amorphous and blurred, the only thing real and true in his imagining the sharp burst of red that surely must be there because he could smell his blood. It was so vivid and clear for one moment that he dared to open his eyes.

However, when he did, the world was the same as ever, grey and blurred, giving him nothing, no color, no life. If he were not so self-contained he would stamp a hoof. Instead, he grew even stiller, muscles tensing as he tried to decide what to do, how to force the life back into his vision. All he needed was one perfect arc of red sailing across his eyes and his heart would finally be at peace. He nearly shook with the need to see it be done, the need for his search to finally be over.

He could almost feel the sand whipping against his eyes at that moment as he stared without seeing, at the bird that was surely waiting for his hoof to strike it down and end it's suffering.

Ruriska
And Omen/Howl's turn now~ ♥♥♥

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 2:09 am
"Poor thing," said a voice, perfectly pitched to break through Howl’s thoughts.

Omen came up alongside his mate, his own perfectly clear vision taking in the wounded bird. It was bleeding yes, but after a quick study he decided the bird was not doomed. As long as it did not become quick prey to any of the predators lurking in the Swamp, it might actually survive.

He turned his head, as if finally sensing the emotion coursing through the Acha’s body.

"I’ll put it in a tree. It won’t stand a chance on the ground."

He’d never been very good at addressing feelings, even after they had been together for so long. It was easier to focus on the bird, than what might be going through Howl’s mind.

Amorpheous
Let's do this. <3

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

Amorpheous
Crew

Human Human

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 8:49 pm
Having Omen by his side didn't relax Howl, in fact, he seemed even more tense. He couldn't get himself to move even though he knew where his hoof was meant to be. He knew the movements of a kill so well, they were familiar and safe, like second nature to him after hunting his entire life. The bird was meant to die by his hoof; he had discovered it dying there on the ground after all.

He was a hunter just like any other and any other would do the same as he, but there was Omen saying that he was going to put it into a tree. Howl couldn't make any move to help his mate. He just shook his head, though at what he did not know.

Finally, after getting his mouth to work again, words tripping past his teeth in a haggard declaration, almost a question, "It'd be easier to just end it now."

Ruriska

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 12:12 am
There had always been blood in their relationship. Omen knew that was a part of who Howl was. He was hunter. He sought his prey and the bright splash of red. It was all too messy for Omen, no matter how oddly beautiful he found his mate when splattered in blood.

It would certainly be easier for him to let Howl have his way now. The turn of the head, a nod and the bird would be gone.

“No,” he said, surprising himself. “You don’t need this one. I want to give it a chance.”

He tossed his head and stepped towards the bird. With one last glance at his mate, he nosed the bird carefully. Taking its tail-feathers into his mouth, he picked up wounded creature and moved it over to a nearby tree. Claws took hold of a small branch and wings flapped against his nose.

Omen let go and moved back.

The bird was remained sitting on the branch, feathers fluffed out.

If Howl still wanted it, he would have to take it from the tree.

Amorpheous

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

Amorpheous
Crew

Human Human

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 8:18 pm
And he wouldn't. Maybe if he had clearer sight, he could attempt to take the bird from the tree, but then again, if he had clearer sight, he wouldn't have felt the need to fell the bird so acutely in the first place.

He let out a shuddering breath, trying to tell himself that he didn't need to kill this bird, not this one in particular. The tension refused to leave his body though; this was what he had always sought, what he needed, and what kept him from feeling whole. His entire life narrowed down to that point, that elusive spray of blood, arcing gracefully through the air.

He tried to seek the bird out amongst the trees with his eyes, but it was lost already to the tree, blending in seamlessly with the grey that built up the entire palette of his vision. He tried to speak, but words refused to come, only a low, distressed sound as he swung his gaze down from where he knew the bird must be despite not be able to see it. He closed his eyes against the limited sight he had, the frustration and sheer need to see threatening to break the tight hold he usually had on that maddening need to tear into every living creature until he could see nothing but red.

Ruriska

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 7:56 pm
Omen watched his mate with a quiet sadness.

"Close your eyes," he said after a moment and without waiting to see if Howl would comply, he placed his head against the back of the Acha's neck. He could feel the trembling frustration and the furious need.

"If I bleed for you, will that be enough?"

Amorpheous

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

Amorpheous
Crew

Human Human

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:27 am
Howl squeezed his eyes shut, complying because what else could he do?

He didn't dare move, just trying to draw comfort from the lack of need and desire for violence that Omen had. He didn't expect Omen's next words though and drew in a low, shaky breath in surprise.

He knew that the offer was not trivial, that it had only been presented because he could take and it would be given freely. He shook his head though, partly because he didn't want to hurt one of the few who stuck by him even when he ran and ran and ran, who loved him, and partly because he could bleed beautiful, gentle Omen dry and still want, need, more.

It couldn't be enough, even if he wished it were that simple.

Ruriska
augh, I can't believe I left this for so long because ahhhh, wibbles, Omeeeeeeeen, crying.
Howl does talk quite a bit about you in his drabbles.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:21 pm
When his only answer was the shake of Howl’s head, he understood and sighed. "Very well," Omen said. "You know I love you as you are. It only pains me to know that there is something in you that can never be fulfilled." He remained where he was, pressed close against the smaller buck.

"Keep running, my love, as long as you run back to me in the end."

Amorpheous
i'll read those drabbles soon for sure. <3

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

Amorpheous
Crew

Human Human

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:20 pm
Howl turned and ducked his head, touch guiding his movements. The tip of his horns brushed dangerously against cheek and neck before the slipped to the side so that Howl could hide his face against Omen's neck, just breathing there, staying perfectly still.

"I don't want to run," he pushed out past clenched teeth, the words shuddering with the force of his wish. He sucked in a breath, the force of which shook his chest. "I don't want to kill the bird, I don't want to need to see the red."

His shoulders crumpled into tense relief, and shame, and desire, under the weight of his confession. Saying it was admitting that it was all there when it was always easier to simply run and talk around it, to try and pretend it didn't exist when he came running back. "I don't."

Ruriska
QAQ I am the slowest. So ashamed. But I think we are kind of close to the end of this strand? What do you think?

Roleplaying

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games