A Guild for all lovers of Pokémon! 

Tags: Pokemon, gaming 

Reply Pokémon Defenders
FR/LG Starters Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which FR/LG starter are you going to use?
Charmander!
55%
 55%  [ 19 ]
Squirtle!
20%
 20%  [ 7 ]
Bulbasaur!
20%
 20%  [ 7 ]
I'm a lousy good for nothing sharker ... I'll be using something else.
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 34

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 3:48 pm
Fischer
Alexa-sama

But be warned, there's only a thirty percent chance of getting a female Starter, so you might have to restart quite a few times...

Neth__Exactly! Yay for Fire-Types. : DDD

If it's a thiry percent chance, wouldn't four times be enough?

That's if number theory actually worked. neutral  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 2:24 pm
Alexa-sama
Fischer
Alexa-sama

But be warned, there's only a thirty percent chance of getting a female Starter, so you might have to restart quite a few times...

That's if number theory actually worked. neutral

Number Theory hates us all.  

Nethilia
Captain

Liberal Member

3,450 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Panda.Ba

Aged Noob

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 8:29 am
Fischer
Alexa-sama

No, that means every time you restart you have a 30% chance. That chance doesn't change no matter how many times you restart. You might get the lucky 30 your first time, or you might never get it, because the percent doesn't change.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 8:34 am
CPanda
Fischer
Alexa-sama

No, that means every time you restart you have a 30% chance. That chance doesn't change no matter how many times you restart. You might get the lucky 30 your first time, or you might never get it, because the percent doesn't change.
Don't you just love the rule of probability?  

Zeek Slider

Hopeless Man-Lover

28,040 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Cash Grabber 500

Fischer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 8:36 am
ZeekSlider
CPanda
Fischer
Alexa-sama

Don't you just love the rule of probability?

I know that... I've never tried it before. I just thought that there would still be a 1 in 4 chance if it's 30%, even if it is that way every time you re-start.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 10:32 am
Okay, just for anyone who wanted to know, for FR/LG, all you have to do is save right before you choose your starter pokemon. Then shut off and turn on until you come up with a female. It works *JUSTgot a female bulbasaur*

I'm assuming it'll work for shineys, too, so I'll see how long I can deal with shutting off and turning on for a female of each and/or shineys. I'll be dead soon, so I doubt I'll get any shineys. Now what to name my female bulbasaur...LEMARCHAND! Ah, me and my Hellraiser obsession...  

Panda.Ba

Aged Noob

Zeek Slider

Hopeless Man-Lover

28,040 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Cash Grabber 500
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 12:22 pm
CPanda
Okay, just for anyone who wanted to know, for FR/LG, all you have to do is save right before you choose your starter pokemon. Then shut off and turn on until you come up with a female. It works *JUSTgot a female bulbasaur*

I'm assuming it'll work for shineys, too, so I'll see how long I can deal with shutting off and turning on for a female of each and/or shineys. I'll be dead soon, so I doubt I'll get any shineys. Now what to name my female bulbasaur...LEMARCHAND! Ah, me and my Hellraiser obsession...
sad  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 12:37 pm
ZeekSlider
CPanda

sad

Why for is Zeeky sad? I got a female charmander too. It's easy. But I changed plans, so now I'm restarting millions of times to get shineys. I'm starting with shiney charmander, just because it's the easiest to tell is shiney, I think. Yellow instead of red. We'll see if I ever get it. sweatdrop  

Panda.Ba

Aged Noob

Zeek Slider

Hopeless Man-Lover

28,040 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Cash Grabber 500
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 12:45 pm
CPanda
ZeekSlider
CPanda

sad

Why for is Zeeky sad?
It's the I'll be dead soon thing...  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 1:14 pm
ZeekSlider
CPanda
ZeekSlider
CPanda

sad

Why for is Zeeky sad?
It's the I'll be dead soon thing...

Huh? I only meant I'll be dead from restarting so many times. I'm not ACTUALLY gonna be dead soon. (At least I hope not) I have to start reviewing my posts before I post them, I guess. sweatdrop  

Panda.Ba

Aged Noob

Fischer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 1:39 pm
I don't know if I want to restart... I've worked hard for what I've achieved! gonk
What I think they should do is make two or three files on which you can save different games. That way, you could have a permanent file and an experimental file. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2004 10:51 am
Fischer
I don't know if I want to restart... I've worked hard for what I've achieved! gonk
What I think they should do is make two or three files on which you can save different games. That way, you could have a permanent file and an experimental file. 3nodding

*has now re-started and is past Lt. Surge*  

Fischer

Aoi Hikari

Romantic Prophet

15,075 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 4:16 pm
Bwa! Finally chose my starter.... a female Squirtle :3 I named it Tsunami biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 11:10 pm
ultraraichu
Vickicat
My starter in Leaf Green, Charmander, was a female. That was on my first try too! I guess I just got real lucky. I wasn't trying for it or anything. I didn't even think about it, or notice it, until later, then I was like O_O Cool.

that the samething that happen with my LG but instead it was a female bulbasaur. what are the odds smile

Apparently pretty good ... I got a female Bulbasaur on the first try too. wink

*grumps* But I wish I wasn't stuck as a Lass for my Union Room appearances .....  

Jishin

Steadfast Explorer

vauny-vaun

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 5:04 am
I tend to chose the title pokemon...
for example in blue i always chse squirtle and in red i choose charamander ( i think this is cos in yellow you don't get a choice and are stuck with the title pokemon)
in silver I usually go chickorita cos its cute and you need to use cut so very much. and mmmmm  
Pokémon Defenders

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff