Submit

Venti Mico

Ruthless Fairy

9,600 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Loiterer 100
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 10:54 am
Getting time off would be a blessing if you didn't have to stay in the same place with almost nothing to do the whole time. Lu had never thought of himself as a person who got restless easily; now he was reconsidering. He'd give an arm and a leg to be able to at least walk around- though perhaps that wasn't a good way to phrase it. Glancing down at his foot in a cast, Lu grimaced and plopped his head back on his pillow. How had he managed that? He didn't even remember hurting his ankle, which meant it must have happened when the Yveltal had attacked them and knocked a good portion of them out. He must have landed on it badly, something... just his luck. He'd survived, and he was grateful for that, but he was bored.

Lu had managed to get his hands on a year old Home & Garden magazine and was flipping through it with complete and utter uninterest. There was only so many times you could go through the same magazine without your brain feeling like mush.  
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 1:01 pm
He figured he should visit his new roomate, he kind of liked the kid and he knew that being stuck in bed was no fun... well not when you were ill and didn't have anyone with you anyway.

KO made his way down the stairs with a plastic bag in one hand having finished a shift about half an hour ago. Half an hour had given him time to shower, fix his eyebrows, and change into comfortable slacks (cream) and a turtleneck sweater (black).

Having scoped out the clinic when he first arrived he had a fair idea of where Lu might be and, indeed, he soon spotted the large young man reading a magazine; the kid looked bored out of his skull.

Quirking a lopsided little smile KO sauntered over to the bed and cast himself down casually in a chair that was set beside it. The chair was horribly uncomfortable, but KO draped himself back in it as though it was the most plush armchair imaginable. "Well look at you, mission survivor," he drawled. "How does it feel to have been involved with such a great success for the team?"  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Venti Mico

Ruthless Fairy

9,600 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Loiterer 100
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 1:33 pm
Lu had just finished skimming over an article about kitchen makeovers for the fifth time when KO sat next to him. Lu lowered his magazine and looked over, a little confused, but smiling. Thank god! A distraction! "It feels...sore," he said, letting out an uncomfortable groan as he sat himself up. "And kind of cool. I mean, not everyone getting hurt, that wasn't cool- still isn't, really, it um, it's unpleasant." He snorted lightly. He was grateful for the visit, almost everyone he knew in Rocket was injured themselves.

"They haven't made you guys work harder with so many people injured, have they..?" KO was out of uniform so Lu assumed he was off duty, but who knew if they'd been making others do extra work for the absent Grunts. "When I can walk again, I could take some extra shifts, maybe, it seems unfair for you all," he said.  
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 1:41 pm
"Oh no," KO waved a hand airily, "there's still plenty of us mooks to get the grunt work done, though I imagine punishment duties right about now might equal extra shifts. Don't you worry about that, just relax and focus on becoming less sore." He really didn't understand where Lu was coming from, he just seemed so... genuine. How had he ended up joining Team Rocket? It didn't seem like a fitting place for him at all.

"Oh, and I went through your things," KO continued casually, passing over the bag. "I thought you might be a bit bored so I found your knitting needles and some of your yarn." He knew it wasn't polite to go through other people's things and so usually if he did it he made sure they didn't find out, but when you went through somebody's things and then brought some of them over there was no pretending the items had just fallen into your hands.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Venti Mico

Ruthless Fairy

9,600 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Loiterer 100
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 2:15 pm
"Oh, well... if you're sure... I'll try, I think I might be, you know... out of commission for a while." Lu laughed a little at the last part, feeling bad for anyone that was unlucky enough to be getting punishment duties. Sure, they'd probably earned their punishment, but still. Lu wouldn't mind doing some grunt work right around then, anything to give him something to do, something like-

Knitting! Lu took the bag and examined the contents, smiling wider as he looked over his things. He didn't even mind the invasion of privacy! "You didn't have to, thank you- a-ah, I was really starting to hate this magazine, too." Lu moved the magazine aside, grinning as he took out a ball of yarn and his needles. At that moment, KO was definitely Lu's favourite person of the day. "I really appreciate it, um... if there's anything you need, y-you can let me know, I'll try my best."  
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 2:23 pm
"Thanks, I'll bear that in mind," said KO, who was never one to turn down an opportunity when it was handed to him. You never knew when you might need a favour. "I'll be heading into town on my day off, three days time, so if you need more supplies picked up just let me know," he added after a moment of thought. "I've got money in my pocket right now, so you can pay me back whenever." He felt safe in saying that to Lu; even having known him just a couple of days he knew the kid wouldn't 'forget' a debt. Nice people really were convenient like that.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 2:24 pm
"Thanks, I'll bear that in mind," said KO, who was never one to turn down an opportunity when it was handed to him. You never knew when you might need a favour. "I'll be heading into town on my day off, three days time, so if you need more supplies picked up just let me know," he added after a moment of thought. "I've got money in my pocket right now, so you can pay me back whenever." He felt safe in saying that to Lu; even having known him just a couple of days he knew the kid wouldn't 'forget' a debt. Nice people really were convenient like that.  
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 4:17 pm
He was feeling the most cheerful he had in days. And the offer to have some supplies picked up for him... Lu nodded and was quiet for a moment, thinking of the names and brands he wanted; he luckily had spent a great deal of time in fabric stores and had most of his favourite brands memorized. And for the project he had in mind... “A-actually, if you wouldn't mind... I could use some yarn, L-Lionbrand, the LB Collection Cashmere kind. If wherever you go has it, if not that's fine... pewter colour, or onyx if they don't have that; two balls would be nice- A-ah, sorry, should I write that down..?” Lu looked around for something to write with but came up empty.  

Venti Mico

Ruthless Fairy

9,600 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Loiterer 100

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 4:26 pm
Aww. "No worries, yarn miester, I got you covered," KO replied with a little crooked smile as he fetched a tiny pen and pad of paper out of one pocket. "Call me old fashioned but sometimes it's just easier to physically write isn't it?" Plus the tiny pad was bound in red leather with an elegant gold pattern of vines; looks were important. "So, that was.... Lionbrand, LB Coll. Cashmere. Pewter pref. onyx ok." KO looked up from scribbling with his brows slightly raised in query. "Was that right?"  
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 4:43 pm
Lu sighed in relief, smiling sheepishly at KO. Yarn meister, Lu liked that. “I don't think it's old fashioned, it's handy... I'm not very good with technology, though. Might be biased.” Plus, that was a nice little notepad he had, fancy! Lu hoped what he had in mind to knit would match his roommate's style. The brunet was a little surprised that KO remembered everything in one go, most people's eyes glossed over when Lu spoke the language of yarn. He should have expected that though, from a tailor.

… And then a joke popped into his head. “Oh, you're a tailor, right? That's... fitting.” It took a lot of self control to not grin like an idiot.  

Venti Mico

Ruthless Fairy

9,600 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Loiterer 100

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 2:13 pm
KO stared for a moment, eyebrows raised and lips slightly parted. Once he was sure he really had heard what he thought he had heard he groaned and, if possible, relaxed even more languidly in his chair. "That, dear roommate, was terrible. I can't even think of a response to it, and you know I always have something to say for myself." KO was smiling though, maybe in a slightly smirky way but to be fair his face just sort of looked a bit smug and sly regardless.  
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 3:37 pm
Lu looked down as he laughed quietly, covering his mouth with a hand. "Sorry, I saw the opportunity and... yeah." Any joke was worth it if he got a good response out of it. "I could do worse, um... uh... oh! It looks like I took 'break a leg' too literally, huh?" Lu lifted his right leg with his ankle bast up for emphasis, grinning. "...It kind of works, but I don't know any jokes for broken ankles."  

Venti Mico

Ruthless Fairy

9,600 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Loiterer 100

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 5:32 am
Lu really did seem like a nice kid; a nice, silly kid way out of his depth in a place like this. Did he really understand what Team Rocket was all about? Well he'd made it to Grunt so he must, unless of course he was in denial.

KO shrugged and gave Lu another little smile. "It does kind of work. Ankles aren't all that commonly joked about I suppose, well not since it was scandalous for a lady to show one anyway. I expect ankle jokes were the height of dirty humour once upon a time. Annnd you can consider yourself forgiven," a small shrug came along with the words, "my old partner was fond of puns too so I'm used to it." Well he had been once anyway, a long time ago now. Had it really been as long as ten years? Was he really thirty years old? The less he thought about that the better.  
Roleplay

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games