Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Amorpheous
Crew

Human Human

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 9:08 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. The water was cold, but there was something comforting about the paralyzing effect it had on her limbs. She had stepped into the water long ago and then she had gone still. The water had risen somewhat as the sun sunk below the horizon, but it did not come in the same way the tide had tried to overtake her the last time she had chosen to step into the water.

She was perfectly still, head held just above the waterline. Occasionally, if her chin dipped, it brushed water, but otherwise, her head remained dry. If it weren't for her occasional blinks, she might have looked frozen in time, no more alive than the rocks beneath her hooves.

Though the water pressed in on all sides,her chest felt looser than it had here in the water than it had in a long time.

PeanutButterpies whoops typo in the title

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 4:21 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

He'd always loved the water, it was part of his naming dream, part of where he'd been born. Given, the water he preferred was saltier than what the swamp generally offered, but water was still water and in the end he found himself drawn to it.

He'd been in this part of the swamp longer than usual, spending plenty of time near the water, enough to memorize the view of it. He didn't need the memories he'd made staring at it earlier to figure out what had changed since he had left to go find something to eat though. There was a kimeti out standing still in the water, much to his surprise, and he gave a few good blinks before moving forward to the water's edge.

"Hello? What are you doing out there?" He asked, gazing with a small measure of concern out where the kimeti was standing.

Amorpheous

grayseasons

Tiny Trickster

Amorpheous
Crew

Human Human

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 3:55 pm
She stiffened at the voice, not expecting anyone to find her. She slowly eased back into simple stillness. She mulled over her words, blinking slowly, as she tried to answer his question. Even she did not know, precisely, what she was doing, standing in the water with the waves lapping at her lowered chin and reaching for her cheeks.

She was there because it stole away the feeling of constriction she felt, gave her freedom by stealing her limbs with compression and cold. The longer she stayed, the less she felt, and that was, perhaps, what she was looking for. sometimes, feeling was just too much.

Finally, she let out a soft sigh and turned, pushing against water and wave, to face the shore and see, vaguely in outline and shadows, who had called out to her. She blinked at him, finding words difficult, but eventually managed to say, almost emotionless, "Just standing."

PeanutButterpies
Sorry about the wait! QAQ

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:27 pm

He didn't make a move at the turn, only trying to pick out details of who was in the water. A doe then, from the answer, and he blinked at the reply. Just standing, out in the water? He'd heard of going for a swim, even he'd gone for one at odd times, but just standing there was strange.

"Just standing?" He echoed, frowning slightly. "Why would you stand out in the water? Why not swim?" He couldn't think of any reasons to just stand in water, but getting answers from the source could clear up the confusion.

Amorpheous
It's fine, I'm super sorry myself!

grayseasons

Tiny Trickster

Amorpheous
Crew

Human Human

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:05 pm
She could hear the frown in his voice and frowned in return. She closed her eyes and thought about not answering, but she didn't want to be rude even though for a brief moment she wanted to scream.

She let out a ragged breath, smoothing out her expression before speaking, her voice flat, "Just standing."

She sighed softly before continuing, "I just want to breathe."

PeanutButterpies

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:56 am

"Oh." He replied quietly, letting silence fill the air. She wasn't feeling well, he assumed, so the water was helping out. He could emphasize, he thought, knowing how the water had made him feel better in times of him feeling terrible. Although he hadn't been one to seem so still in the water, but then again he hadn't felt sick in a long while.
"I'm sorry you don't feel well. Would you like some company, while you stand?" He offered, concern creeping into the edge of his voice. He'd rather make sure the doe didn't drown, seeing how far out she was in the water.

Amorpheous

grayseasons

Tiny Trickster

Amorpheous
Crew

Human Human

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:22 am
"I don't feel unwell exactly," she sighed out, perhaps too softly to hear.

She closed her eyes for a moment before speaking, echoing words that had been spoken to her, "Join me if you like, but don't do something you don't want to."

PeanutButterpies

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:07 pm

"Not unwell?" He questioned lightly, but decided to let it go. It was up to the other to figure out what they were feeling and he had to right to judge, honestly.
"It's not anything I don't want to do." He reassured, although if it was more for her or his own sake he wasn't sure, settling down beside the water. "I don't have much else to do, anyways. I'd rather spend the night with company." He murmured, almost like an afterthought.

Amorpheous

grayseasons

Tiny Trickster

Amorpheous
Crew

Human Human

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:08 pm
She shook her head, just slightly, before trying, once again, to articulate herself, her voice breathless with the strain of it, "I don't feel unwell- I don't feel like myself."

When she next spoke, there was an edge to her voice, something like mocking though there was something clearly exhausted to it, "To say that 'it's not anything you don't want to do' is not a very strong affirmative, actually, it's quite weak, but do what you will."

"It's not like I could stop you..."
she trailed off as she turned her attention back to the blurry horizon where it seemed sky and water merged.

PeanutButterpies
Q___Q SORRY FOR TAKING SO LONG!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:43 pm

"Not like yourself? Did anything happen then? Run in with another that was odd?" That was unusual, but something that did happen to him. Awkward run ins always set him off, things that made the day seem weird.
"True, it's not strong." Dusk frowned, thinking quietly. "You're rather interesting, I've never had my words considered like that. Does it matter?" He questioned, although not unkindly.

Amorpheous
IM SORRY TOO, school is eating me alive @__@

grayseasons

Tiny Trickster

Amorpheous
Crew

Human Human

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:58 pm
She let the silence hang there, pregnant and heavy, as she fought the desire to scream. To share was to engender expectation; that had always been the problem. A simple answer and that led to another question and so on and so forth, always carrying that sense of obligation. She shut her eyes to it all, taking in a deep breath.

She had though that if she could just explain herself, maybe some part of her would slot in place. Instead, right now, all she could is the places in which her edges did not feel right.

Finally, "No, nothing odder than usual, nothing odder than my own skin."

Again, silence, before a sigh. She turned to face him, pulling her limbs against the dragging weight of the water, the soft sound of the water crashing against her sides with her movements filling the silence. She couldn't see the buck very well, getting more an impression of his shape than anything else in the dim night, the moonlight shrouded by clouds.

"Perhaps it doesn't matter if other's understand you, but your words communicate yourself to others and if you don't consider your own words, how can anyone believe what you say about yourself?" She queried, a blurred sharpness there, as if, on a different day, she might have been challenging him, pushing at a personal weakness that she saw in him.

PeanutButterpies
QAQ I AM THE WORST.

Roleplaying

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces