PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:19 pm
Mutual Friends

User Image
The Wendigo is Awake

<>Gerolt Ravencroyft<>
The Cold Hermit
" The forest is silent only because it wants you to feel calm..."
---------------------<>---------------------

It made Gerolt happy that Chiyo accepted his coat. Being quite used to the cold he had no immediate need for warm clothing. Seeing Chiyo put on the coat Gerolt smiled as he heald back a bit of laughter. She looked adorable in his coat that was a tad too big for her. Chiyo offered to get rocks in order to set up the sleeping arrangements to which Gerolt nodded in agreement. Gerolt was not too sure about letting her forage by herself, he knew she could definitely fend for herself but still he felt a bit worried. He tried to ignore his concerns as his worries were most likely a bit silly. Feeling a bit ridiculous still in his boxers he put his pants and shirt back on.

Gerolt set up what he could of the tent without the rocks. He would need them though to finish so he waited for awhile for Chiyo to return. Suddenly a noise from the direction Chiyo wandered to broke Gerolt's patience. He looked forwards into the forest wondering whether he should go search for Chiyo or not. He heard her voice off in the distance, he couldn't make out the exact words she was saying but he could identify that she was frustrated about something. Without thinking about it Gerolt went into the forest searching for Chiyo. "Chiyo? Uh... you okay?" he called out still looking for her. It only took a short moment before he found some broken branches leading down a hill. He looked over the edge of the slope to see Chiyo who looked hurt.

Blood was a smell that was stronger than any other scent for Gerolt. After spotting Chiyo he could immediately sense the delicious smell of fresh blood. First the smell was alluring, Gerolt took a moment to enjoy it before quickly realising who's blood it was and how close his Wendigo side was. " Oh... Blood... I carrrrghlll blrgh" he managed to mutter before recoiling a few steps trying to run away before the change but his body froze in place. His pupils shrank, his teeth became sharper and more menacing, and his whole body was shivering. Gerolt tried to speak more but all that came out of his mouth was a sickening blood like substance and gargled words which sounded like snarling. His body began to change as he grew fur and looked more and more like a rotting humanoid deer of daunting size.

The Wendigo stared blankly for a moment at Chiyo, specifically at her bloody wound. It stomped a hoof on the ground and snarled, it's breath was visible as if it was freezing cold around him. The vegetation close to the Wendigo began to be covered in frost and it wilted. "Chiyo... I'm not going to hurt you I promise. I hope I'm not scaring you" the menacing beast said in Gerolt's regular voice. The beast got closer to Chiyo slowly as if it was not violent. "Don't worry it will be okay..." it said reassuringly in Gerolt's voice again before it swiftly tried to slash it's claws into Chiyo. It was simply using Gerolt's voice as a tactic to try and lower Chiyo's guard.

((OOC: Hehehe I like this plot device. So devious you are... but in all the right ways))

<>----------------------------------------<>
" The cold menacing danger will wait until you feel comfortable to strike"

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:52 pm
█████████████████████████████ █ ████████████ ███ ███

xxx You should xxx: ❛ ↻ ↻ ↻ ` SAY YOUR PRAYERS.

❝ ◟❣ Chiyo tried to wipe away whatever blood she could from her face in a attempt to cover things up a bit. It wasn't working as well as she had planned, though, and even more of the blood clouded her right eye. She started cursing under her breath again and she tore a piece of her shirt off to wrap it around her head wound. It would have to do, for now at least, seeing as this was the only idea that had come her mind. The fabric started to be stained a dark red color and was no longer able to hold the amount of blood back and she tore it off again in frustration. Gerolt's worried voice caught her attention and she glanced up towards the top of slope to find him standing there.

Fear laced Chiyo's eyes as she stared back at him in utter silence and she was frozen in her spot. She couldn't find the courage to move, not that she could anyway with her possibly sprained ankle, and she pressed her back against the tree. She knew the scent of her blood was hanging in the air and Gerolt seemed to take a moment to inhale it before, realizing what he was doing, and attempted to back away from his spot. A gurgling sound escaped his throat, almost as if he were choking on words, and she could sense a sudden change in him.

Gerolt took on a tall, monstrous form that had gore-stained fur. It's decayed flesh was exposed right on his side and his bones stuck out in strange areas near his front. His maw was filled with jagged yellow teeth and his hands and feet were well equipped with razor sharp talons. With claws like those, Chiyo knew how easy it would be for it to rip apart her human flesh with little effort and she shivered at the thought. I don't want to die...but I don't want hurt him either, she thought. The Wendigo started to creep towards her, frosting the vegetation that surrounded him, and the voice that spoke made her body go rigid. The voice that spoke to her sounded just Gerolt's normal voice and, if for a moment, she almost felt calmed by his words. His voice was soft as usual, but she could sense something was wrong. It was a bit...off. It kept on stalking towards while murmuring out that words, "Don't worry, it will be okay," before lunging one of its gigantic paws at her.

Damn you! Letting your guard down like that! He's going to kill us now!, an annoyed voice screamed, shaking her out of her daze. Everything was almost going in slow motion as his claws moved closer and closer towards her until Chiyo threw her body with as much force as she could in an attempt to miss the fatal attack. The Wendigo's claws inside found their way into her shoulder instead before raking across the tree (it'd probably get stuck for a moment so she would have a chance to shift). "Urg..." she groaned, feeling sparks of pain jolt all through her arm. It was pumping blood freely again, spewing down her arm, and she felt dizzy from all the blood loss. There's not much time. I know you need me. Just do it already or I'll do it for you!," her other side screamed, once again summoning up the strength to reach her mind. There was no doubt in her mind that if she didn't shift now then she would be in danger of being killed by Gerolt. Chiyo knew shifting was the only way to get out of this situation alive and, knowing it was her fault in the first place, she finally decided to go through with her other sides orders.

"Fine. Just b-" Chiyo said frantically, before the other girl took over her. A pained grunt escaped Chiyo and her body twisted and shook as she no longer had control. A misty fog settled through the forest, surrounding Chiyo's writing body, before a pair of red eyes glinted and stared back at the Wendigo. During her transformation, her clothes seemed to change too and she was now wearing hooded shawl that went over a rather frilly white dress that was tied with a bow in the front. Her skin was now ghostly pale and wisps of her hair changed to a white. As the fog disappeared, a malevolent grin came upon the girls lips as curved horns sprout from either side of her head. Skeletal wings erupted from her back, tearing away at the cloth, and they flapped in anticipation. Her name was Arashi. With a wave of her hand, she was able to sear the wound on her shoulder closed and her head had stopped bleeding almost immediately. Her sprained ankle seemed to heal also, due to the demons quick healing ability, and the girls eye's narrowed at the Wendigo. "You truly are a rather ugly creature. No wonder you wander alone in these mountains. Someone like you doesn't belong with Chiyo," Arashi hissed in annoyance, leaping up in the air and hovering about ten feet above him to where he could not reach. Arashi planned on messing with him, even if he couldn't understand her, but just to the point that it would make Gerolt furious if he could hear her cruel words. "I can't understand why she'd want you anyway. Love is such a pitiful word. It's not real. Besides, we were perfectly fine on our own before you came along," she said, her grin disappearing and was now replaced a sadistic frown. "You can't fool me by the way with that silly voice of yours. Gerolt doesn't have that effect me, I made sure of that. Besides my emotions aren't swayed so easily like Chiyo's are," Arashi jeered, giggling into the palm of her gloved hand.

OOC: Haha! And man, his Wendigo side is clever! XD I didn't expect him to do that! And I just had to get a few verbal abuses out of her (Arashi who I decided to name so it wouldn't be confusing). She despises Gerolt just simply because Chiyo is becoming attached to him.

SecretThunder

Mutual Friends

Chatty Poster

8,750 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

SecretThunder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:49 pm
Mutual Friends

User Image
The Wendigo is Awake

<>Gerolt Ravencroyft<>
The Cold Hermit

The Wendigo's first slash at Chiyo missed it's target area but still managed to hit Chiyo's shoulder. The force of it's slash continued into a nearby tree where it's claws smashed into the bark. It's claws got stuck into the tree only for a moment as it pulled his hand free with one strong heeve. The Wendigo seemed unfazed in facial expression, it's stare was blank and cold looking as if it had long ago passed away. With it's rotting facial features it was not capable of many facial expressions. The Wendigo looked down to his hand that he had used to attack with. Freshly spilled blood coated a bit of it's hand. It impatiently licked the warm blood off of it's hand as if it was a starving animal.

After cleaning every drop of blood from it's menacing claws it looked to face Chiyo again. Chiyo had taken a different look than from before. This new form had ghostly pale features and piercing red eye. From her back sprouted two grim wings made entirely of bones. With the rather cute dress this new form was like a more adorable grim reaper in essence. Gerolt was not conscious to witness this transformation but the Wendigo seemed a bit curious to this new form. Something rather annoying the Wendigo observed is Chiyo's ability to heal herself, it ruined the fun of smelling the fresh blood in the air which caused the Wendigo to growl disapprovingly.

The Wendigo was a bit stunned by the scolding he got from this new demonic Chiyo. It stood still and silent as it stared at her with vacant eyes. It simply watched as Chiyo took flight into the sky just out of the beast's reach. The Wendigo let the demon speak, for a beast the Wendigo was still a curious and sentient creature. After her speech the Wendigo gave out a hollow menacing laugh before responding "I care not for your worthless words nor your hatred and disgust towards me... I care only for your corpse"it said in a deep yet soft voice, rotting black blood spilled out of his mouth at each word. Suddenly the Wendigo sprung into action again as it grabbed onto the tree it had hit earlier with both hands. With great strength the Wendigo pulled on the tree eventually uprooting it from the earth. He then quickly tossed it like a javelin towards Chiyo planning to knock her out of the sky. After tossing the tree the Wendigo got on all fours and prepared to make a mad dash for his prey if the target was hit.

((OOC: Hahaha this is quite the pair both romantically when normal and rivalry when their true forms arise. Sorry this isn't in much detail in comparison to yours, I couldn't think of much today doh :I ))

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:24 pm

❝ ◟❣ The creatures laugh made her stop her giggling and she slowly lowered her hand from her mouth. "Ah, so you can talk! I'm glad that your intelligent enough to do so," Arashi said in a pleased voice, obviously ignoring anything the Wendigo said. The demon flapped her wings carelessly, not seeming to think that the beast could do anything from his spot on the ground, and she simply hovered about with her her arms crossed stubbornly over her chest. Arashi hadn't been paying enough attention to notice the Wendigo's quick movement. It wasn't until she heard the roots of a tree being ripped from the ground and then something sailing through the air.

Arashi whipped her head around just in time to see the tree hurtling towards her with great speed but she didn't have enough time to move herself out of the way. "Ooof!" Arashi yelped, taking the full impact of the hit. The front of the tree collided with her chest, causing the individual branches to scrape away at her skin, and she went flying through the air. Arashi's wings thrashed around in attempt to pull herself away from the tree, but by then she was already hurtling towards the ground. The demon crashed into the Earth, through thickets and mounds of dirt, and left a large crater in her wake.

The demon managed to shove the base the tree off of her with surprising strength. She used the back of her hand to wipe away the blood that had began to spill out of her mouth, dripping down onto her white dress. There was hardly any noticeable wounds besides that, though, if there was any pain it looked as though Arashi was enjoying it more than anything. With a glance up towards the hill, she could see that the Wendigo was preparing to charge at her again, seemingly intent on cutting her to pieces. "I'll have to be smart about this...I can't touch him," Arashi said aloud, rubbing her chin in a thoughtful way. She didn't seem to be worried in the least bit on how to approach him, though, an idea quickly formed in her head. Her hands twitched at her side and she reached inside her pocket, tracing her finger along the brim of her dagger. "A silver dagger to be precise," she whispered, wearing a malicious smile on her lips. To drive it into the heart of Wendigo...surely that will weaken him. Or perhaps kill if I'm lucky..., she thought, curling her fingers around the handle. In the back of her mind, Chiyo was trying to her hardest to break through Arashi's thoughts. Please, don't hurt him! Just fly away and leave him be! she screamed, but they were waved away by her demon half.

OOC: Yes! I must say I enjoy having the Wendigo and Arashi act this way haha it gives it a bit more depth. Though, Arashi is more psycho path than anything lol And don't apologize! Your post was completely fine I promise >:3 EDIT.

SecretThunder

Mutual Friends

Chatty Poster

8,750 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

SecretThunder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:01 pm
Mutual Friends

User Image
The Wendigo is Awake

<>Gerolt Ravencroyft<>
The Cold Hermit

At the sight of his projectile hitting the target dead centre the Wendigo sprung to action. Already in position to run the Wendigo launched forwards running on all fours to meet his prey where it landed. The Wendigo ripped through the thicket of plants and saplings in his way, he even smashed into trees from time to time in his blind dash for food. Rotting bloody drool spilled from his lipless jaw as he ran, each time his claws hit the ground it made a surprising thudding noise. Combined with his speed it was like approaching thunder.

As the Wendigo came to the landing spot of it's victim it came smashing through the forest into view of Arashi. In a blind bloodlust it tried to take a bite out of Arashi but he was going too fast missing his target by very little and instead he took a bite out of the ground before ramming into a tree. The impact had hurt the Wendigo slightly but his craving for flesh and blood clouded his judgement. He did not even realise that Arashi was in possession of a silver weapon. Wounds inflicted onto a Wendigo with silver would cause much more pain and damage than any weapon, it slows the Wendigo's ability to heal. The Wendigo got back up on two feet and gave out a bellowing roar which made birds in the area flee in a panic from their trees. The Wendigo pounced at Arashi this time he aimed to grab her shoulders with his large claws and pin her to the ground.

((OOC: I think I forgot to put Silver as one of his weaknesses in his profile but it is indeed a deadly object to Wendigos))

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:31 pm

❝ ◟❣ The sounds of frenzied steps were heard through the air and Arashi turned her head towards the direction of it. It became quite clear the Wendigo did not care that it was causing quite a ruckus as it pounded through the forest, maybe even injuring himself in the process, and she was able to detect just where he might leap from. She planted her feet in the ground, almost as if she were bracing herself for the impact of the Wendigo, and whipped out the dagger from her pocket.

Almost out of nowhere, the beast came crashing through the thicket and lunged itself at her. She stepped back slightly as its large head snapped its teeth at her, only missing the attack slightly, as it instead slammed into a nearby tree. It recovered quickly, though, and let out a menacing roar before charging towards Arashi again. The Wendigo's body lept through the air, it's claws pointed directly at her, and she flicked her wrist just in time to catch the beast in what was left off its snout. Still, its jagged claws dug into her shoulders and she winced in pain, sweat dripping down from her brow. It's extremely relentless and doesn't think ahead, she thought, swinging her hand back and slashed her silver blade up towards its neck. It made a swooshing sound as the dagger tore at its burly fur, cutting into his rotten skin.

Hopefully, the silver would have the effect that she thought it would and she'd have a chance to escape his death grip. Her red eyes glinted dangerously and she thrashed under it's weight, though, it was no point seeing as how it had put a lot of pressure on her. If she didn't get away quick enough then he would try and take a bite out of her neck. Although, Arashi was able to heal wounds with ease it still tired her out after doing it too many times. Now pinned down, she couldn't do much and she only stared back at the creature, eyes filled with pure hatred. But...if you looked close enough, you could Chiyo staring back under the surface.

OOC: I was researching a bit and I just added it in there. whee And not that the 'Chiyo staring back' would change anything the Wendigo is about to do, just felt like adding that in there. And I'm wondering if I should just have Arashi escape from him or not...Gerolt's not going to be able to shift back with all this blood if I don't hmm...EDIT.

SecretThunder

Mutual Friends

Chatty Poster

8,750 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

SecretThunder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:16 pm
Mutual Friends

User Image
The Wendigo is Awake

<>Gerolt Ravencroyft<>
The Cold Hermit

Upon pouncing at his prey he received a formidable blow dead centre to his snout, it definitely hurt and the Wendigo growled back angrily as his nose began to bleed. It didn't flinch the Wendigo enough to loosen his grip on Arashi though. The Wendigo had his target pinned down finally and he took a moment to observe his delicious smelling meal. His claws dug into the flesh of his target's shoulders, the feeling of some blood pooling out of the would against his palm was a delightful sensation. Frost slowly began to develop on Arashi's body where the Wendigo's claws were implanted into her shoulders. The Wendigo panted as he looked down at Arashi, a mixture of drool and rotting blood dripped from the beast's revolting maw. It quickly opened it's mouth and went to sink it's jagged teeth into the flesh of his victim but was painfully interrupted by a silver blade slashing at his neck.

The Wendigo had an immediate reaction to the wound. It released it's death grip on Arashi's shoulders and let out a horrendous painful roar. He recoiled and backed into a tree as one of his hands put pressure onto the wound that poured blood. The Wendigo panted as he began to calm down from the painful experience, he let his hand drop from the wounded area. The fresh bloody wound seemed to almost boil and burn which must have been the effects of the silver weapon. The Wendigo looked to Arashi with a look of pure hatred but at the same time he showed fear as he was no longer acting animalistic but seemed to pause and think things out now. "I'll have to be smart about this..." the Wendigo said in Arashi's voice almost mockingly in a way "...rest soon..." it muttered in Chiyo's voice. The frost that developed wherever he stood turned into sheets of ice covering anything close to him.

Though the Wendigo did not Gerolt who was usually barely aware and lost somewhere in the beast's consciousness noticed Chiyo in the eye's of her other form. Gerolt felt guilty and wished to fight back but as the Wendigo he felt weak, like he could do nothing at all. There was also a psychological resistance, he almost sort of wanted this to happen. As grim as it was Gerolt shared the Wendigo's lust for blood. He struggled both to decide whether to act and to gain the strength to actually act. His love for Chiyo made him want to resist no matter how fun and deliciously satisfying it was. Using his strength to force his own will through the beast's desires he managed to make the Wendigo speak for him " ... can...t... move... I'm s-orry." the Wendigo said with words gurgled by blood in his throat.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:53 pm

❝ ◟❣ Blood trickled down from the Wendigo's snout and onto Arashi's cheek and she growled at the beast. That one slash to his nose didn't seem to do much besides causing him bleed a bit and she was noticeably annoyed by this. A chilling sensation coming from her shoulders caused Arashi to glance down and away from the Wendigo, only to notice the frost that was beginning to grow along her body. She tried to shake the thick layer of ice off of her but it was no use and she could only stare back the creature. It wasn't until the beast let out a sickening roar in response to the silver digging into its skin, was Arashi finally set free from it's jagged claws. It took her a moment to push herself off the ground, rolling away from him as he stumbled back into a nearby tree, and she ripped chunks of ice off her shoulders with her bare hands.

In a dazed state, Arashi wasn't able to heal the shoulder wounds and only stumbled backward before falling to the ground again. The Wendigo glared at her bitterly and started to mock her as it was somehow able use her words as his own. Her face twisted in anger and she hissed at him, inching backwards slightly. It even seemed to take on Chiyo's voice too and she bristled. Still having the dagger in hand, Arashi somehow was able to stand up again, her legs quivering underneath her. She held the blade in her hand, reaching her arm back and was about to throw it directly at the Wendigo again until another voice broke through. This one was not the same as the others had been and she realized that it was not a mere copy of her own or Chiyo's. Gerolt spoke, although his voice was weary and hard to understand, but she understood that it wasn't possible for him to shift back. Not in that state.

It was obvious that there was no turning back now...but that didn't stop Arashi from aiming her dagger at the Wendigo's front and releasing her grip on her weapon. It flew through the air and lodged itself into the Wendigo's chest. The blade nearly missed it's heart, if only by an inch or so. "Till next time~!" Arashi cackled madly, pumping her wings with the last bit of strength she had and pushing herself up off the ground and into the sky. As she flew away, Arashi took one last glance back towards the Wendigo who was surely in pain. I just did you a favor. If you had killed me...then what would you have left? , she thought, disappearing as she flew through the thick clouds.

[exit to Overgrown Graveyard ]

OOC: Know what I just realized this? This guild isn't very active ;n; Despite that one post I saw with the Blacksmith...I hope it won't be dead! And I'll post her again tomorrow at the graveyard...I just needed her a random place to crash land lol

SecretThunder

Mutual Friends

Chatty Poster

8,750 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Mountain Region [Outside the City]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff