Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:27 pm
There were always plenty of things happening inside the labs; cloning was a standard procedure, of course, but other projects took up their respective spaces alongside the commonplace genetic tampering of pokémon.

Tambrey, feeling comfortable back in a lab coat, if not so much still using crutches (but no way was she not working 'as normal'). Things felt better when you were working on things, and she had several projects to play with.

Several pieces of equipment littered one little area- an electronic microscope featuring most prominently- where she'd dedicated the small space to the personal project of creating some bio-luminescent cacti.
It was still early in the project, batches in single figures, but the microscope showed a rather good picture of cacti cells accepting foreign material; Batch 3 was almost certainly going to be a success.

Sample storage was looking... good. There was, of course, a brand new legendary in there, and plenty to do with that specific DNA. It was an entirely new sequence, with new... features to explore. Injured or not, Tambrey was enjoying her work. It would just have been easier without the crutches.

She crossed the lab to peek in at some of the growth tanks; Tarana- her Chingling- following along. The tiny bell had become a little bit of an aid while she was injured. Small, and psychic; she found him rather useful, where before he'd been merely 'cute'.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:21 pm
He was finally here...
He wasn't entirely sure if he was supposed to be here but that was besides the point! He had finally stepped foot in the labs and he wasn't sure that he was ever going to leave again.

He felt like he could start weeping.

"Shuppet Shup." Jabari rolled his eyes as he passed his overly emotional trainer though really...he was a bit awed himself. Zacharie had had a small set up at his parent's house but nothing quite so high tech, it was pretty cool to see. "Soon, Jabari....I'll be working in here soon." The grunt sighed wistfully, only wincing a bit at the slight twinge his lungs gave. It was easy enough to ignore though because he was in the labs! He drifted from counter to counter, peering down at the various instruments and specimens as he went, his eyes alight with curiosity and excitement.

If only he hadn't gotten so injured during the last mission...he could maybe even be working in here now. He pushed that thought aside though. He was alive and on the mend, as it were, and he couldn't really ask for more.

He soon found himself nearing what looked to be tanks filled with growing plants and to his mild surprise, there was Tambrey. He hadn't noticed anyone when he'd first entered (Not that that was surprising since he'd been so busy being in awe) but at least it was someone that he knew...more or less. "Hello Tambrey." He greeted with a slight nod of his head and a small smile before turning to peer into the closest tank. "I trust that you are well?" He made note of the crutches and couldn't help the way that his eyes found the leg she was favouring, his mind running through what he could remember from the infirmary. Had she broken it? He couldn't recall hearing anything about it, he'd been in and out of consciousness most of the time. "How is your leg?"  

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:24 pm
Hm?
Oh! "It'll heal," Tambrey smiled, turning on her crutches to face Zacharie. "it's easier the second time around. Hopefully it'll heal up faster than last time though.

"How are you doing, Zacharie?"

Closed eyes would greet Zacharie through the fluid, a cloned Pichu- still growing- floating in the tank.

Tarana jingled his bell and hopped toward the grunt and ghost happily, in greeting.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:17 pm
If it wasn't so painful for him to make sudden movements, he would have jumped in surprise at the Pichu floating about in the tank. "I'm glad to hear that you are doing well." He said softly, even as he leaned in a bit to peer closer at the contents of the tank. It was kind of...cute.

"My injuries are healing at the expected rate." He reported as he straightened back up with a slight wince. Jabari regarded the Chingling with a vague wariness but surprisingly remained quiet just behind his trainer's left shoulder. "Based on the severity of each injury and my healing rate I expect to be able to return to working in a month's time and completely recovered in about 3...give or take a few weeks depending on unforeseen activities." The grunt smiled slightly down at what he assumed to be Tambrey's pokemon, waggling his fingers in a wave. It was then that he didn't actually answer what Tambrey had asked him. "...But I am fine." He added with a sheepish smile before turning his attention elsewhere. "Are you working on the legendary pokemon DNA?"  

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:34 pm
"That's good to hear." She wasn't sure about her own recovery. It had taken something like 3 or 4 months to heal up properly last time, though that had been a little more of a severe break, and she'd had further time after that to get back to full health.
Though, she did have her side to worry about too this time; that was a little annoying.
"Hopefully 'unforeseen activities' just, you know, never become 'seen' or real activities..." She shrugged at her poor joke.

The wave only encouraged the little Chingling, despite the apparent lack of enthusiasm from the 'waver's' pokémon.
Tarana skipped closer, happily, and tried to peer around and up at Jabari, waving his stubby arm.

"Oh, no. Sorry. Well. Not exactly. The actual DNA's a level further in; clearance and all... Uh, but there is a 3d sequence on the computer in here that I was having a peak at. Mostly I was working on a personal project just before you came in," She grinned sheepishly "glowing cacti, for a friend. I just stepped away to leave the cells to do their thing for a bit and check a few of the statuses on these..." The Agent gestured to the growth tanks. "Nothing new in these, but still, gotta keep up a product base for the team."  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:41 pm
Zacharie gave a small smile at what he thought was an attempt at a joke. "Yes, well you never know around here." He said lightly, his gaze still intent on the Chingling that was trying to get Jabari's attention. The Shuppet rolled his eyes and heaved a loud sigh before turning his gaze down to the other pokemon. He grunted as he gave a slight jerk of his head in greeting. "Jabari..." The little Chingling was cute...and just trying to be friendly. There wasn't any need for Jabari to be rude.

"Hm? Glowing cacti?" That had certainly caught his attention. "Does your friend have an interest in cacti or did you pick it at random?" He asked curiously, turning away from the growth tank entirely to give Tambrey his full attention. "I once made a dandelion glow after it fell into a solution I was working on. I haven't had as much time to study it as I would like...but if you'd like some assistance I would be happy to help."  

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:10 pm
The 'hello' and the jerk of his head, and the muttered word 'Jabari', which had to be the ghost's name, just encouraged Tarana -even more-, but still, he chose to wave his stubby arm, jingle happily, and beam a huge friendly smile up at Jabari instead of talking.

"Uh. Mostly random," Tambrey admitted "but he wanted a light- the rooms are kinda windowless down here- so I suggested a plant; we got to cactus somehow. Oh?" The agent looked interested as Zacharie mentioned his dandelion.
"Other input's always welcome; I've been using a luciferase-based bio-luminescence as a template- saturation sounds like an interesting method though."  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:28 pm
Jabari heaved a mighty sigh and if he had the hands to do so he would've facepalmed as well; he simply had to settle for rolling his eyes again. What the hell was with this guy?

"While I do understand why there are no windows, I still wish we could have some. Artificial light is alright but my plants grow best in natural sunlight." Zacharie said with a wistful sigh, his attention momentarily drifting to his plants back in his room. "Cacti are very interesting plants that take little care, I think it's a good choice." He said a bit absently before blinking owlishly at the others explanation at what she had been doing. "Sounds interesting, I'd love to see it...if that's alright?"  

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:08 am
Tarana only tried to move closer to the ghost, looking up at him, and, apparently, smiling even wider as he jingled.

"Mmhm. Have you tried those lights that mimic sunlight? Not the purely UV ones, I mean. There are a few projects involving them to mimic Circadian Rhythm; probably useful for down here, right?" Tambrey smiled, apparently rather happy to talk about plants.
"Certainly, here." She turned, and moved toward the work area she'd been using for the cacti project.
"It's not very fancy, I'm afraid, but I'm really more of a pokémon geneticist; it's rather lucky for me that there's enough of a cross over with plants and animals, to be honest, to make the material so familiar... If you've got any suggestions about anything, I'd be happy to hear them." She had the impression that Zacharie was probably a little more versed in plant life than she was, which would be rather handy, especially among grass types... Absently, she considered showing him Treestar, and seeing what he made of the Bayleef; she'd clone his genetic material (and spliced it with Ella's) before, but the promise of new experiments to try with her own pokémon was always tantalizing.  
Roleplay

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games